• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DaVinci IQ2

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I completely agree with you @RustyOldNail - I have never felt the need to make IQ2 vapor cooler when using the extended mouthpiece.

Using the spacer adds too much restriction for me, I can’t imagine any way for the glass beads to work without causing same additional restriction.

I would encourage folks to experiment, someone may enjoy a really tight draw, though the IQ2 is the only current model that does have the ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW, which I normally leave wide open. Tiny balls should fit inside the flavor chamber, as long as you aren’t totally blocking the single holes, and don’t mind the extra cleaning.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Has anyone by any chance tried putting glass balls inside that flavor chamber for additional cooling? Was just looking into the davincis and had the idea that that may be fun

Wasn't suggesting anyone put balls in their flavor chamber or that they need to for cooling. Just answering @sunata query.

Personally, looking forward to putting fresh crushed leaves and flowers from our medicinal herb patch when they are in season to add their benefits and hydration to the experience. Lovin my IQ2.

R1ng0

I bought a 14 inch glass adaptor and this which is a game changer loving My IQ2 now 190C 8 mins and im happy as larry for all you cloud chasers clouds doesn't mean more effects at all, higher temps means more carcinogens the whole point of vapour is its a slow chilling experience, all cloud chasing will get you is a bad case of vapers throat but then again what do i know i'm just an old stoner :)

R1ng0

I bought a 14 inch glass adaptor and this which is a game changer loving My IQ2 now 190C 8 mins and i'm happy as Larry for all you cloud chasers clouds doesn't mean more effects at all, higher temps means more carcinogens the whole point of vapour is its a slow chilling experience, all cloud chasing will get you is a bad case of vapers throat but then again what do i know i'm just an old stoner :)
Lol update i did the cardinal sin and i over tightened the terp pearl and ping it went leaving me with my crafty and arzer solo ii on hand well there is no comparison hands down the IQ2 tastes miles better after 3 days of the crafty and the arizer and just not liking the taste at all my terp pearl arrived i replaced it and now I'm back in flav heaven once you have tasted some serious green thru that machine there's no going back :)

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Hey All,

Getting my first IQ2 delivered soon. First vape was the original Arizer solo. Then I tried the Argo for a while, migrated to Dynavap and been loving them most recently. Game changer was the iSpire wand as an IH and inhaling during heatup. Bliss.

But I digress... I've researched the improvement in conduction vapes for a while and the IQ2 seemed like a quality vape to try.

Here's where I run into a few questions. The Dyna has been scratching an itch for me in how I consume herb these days. I rarely have time for (or can afford to get that high) from a 8 or 10 minute "session" type vape so 90% of the time I'll "edge" my way through the day with a mild high from one or at most 2 nice hits from my Dyna per "rapid session". The 0.1g chamber is perfect and the Ispire wand allows me to puff on it while heating for tasty draws as well as near total extraction within 4 draws (max) or roughly 2 of my "rapid sessions" of 1-2 min.

So my question is this... If I use the roughly 0.2g cerarmic pod, can I use the IQ2 for relatively quick puffs (1-2 draws) and then put it down to finish off later or are the strengths of this "8-10min session type" vape being wasted using it in this way?

I mainly bought the IQ2 to use for it's discreetness when out of the house (waving an iSpire wand about with a Dyna attracts attention and also kinda makes you look like you're smoking crack) and also for the times when I can sit back and enjoy a longer "session" type vape. But still, I'd like to hear advice about using it like a quick "one-to-two hitter" on demand from anyone who sometimes uses it like this.

Thanks in advance.

RustyOldNail

So my question is this... If I use the roughly 0.2g cerarmic pod

I never had luck with the CERAMIC PODS, get the SS ones.
The only way to use the IQ2 for NON SESSIONS, is to dump the pod out after your hits. These conduction devices work best when you heat the oven once, then temp step until the end of the 8 minute session timer. If you want to hit and quit, each time you what to start again, you have to wait till device reaches temperature and you will use more batteries. It can be done, but convection devices are a better match.

CANtalk

... So my question is this... If I use the roughly 0.2g cerarmic pod, can I use the IQ2 for relatively quick puffs (1-2 draws) and then put it down to finish off later or are the strengths of this "8-10min session type" vape being wasted using it in this way?
Using the IQ2 on demand in conjunction with temp stepping may work for you with your short discrete sessions. Less vapor degradation than full extraction (high temp) on demand use (with short discrete sessions). Try it, see how it goes and what you think. Let us know. More owner and user talk here is always appreciated :).

Enjoy the IQ2, great vape!

:peace: :leaf:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I never had luck with the CERAMIC PODS, get the SS ones.
The only way to use the IQ2 for NON SESSIONS, is to dump the pod out after your hits. These conduction devices work best when you heat the oven once, then temp step until the end of the 8 minute session timer. If you want to hit and quit, each time you what to start again, you have to wait till device reaches temperature and you will use more batteries. It can be done, but convection devices are a better match.
I hear you about the ceramic pods and I knew the SS ones existed but hey, I was just going to try something that already comes with the device. I remember reading a thread here that someone solved their problems with the ceramic pods by making sure the pearl was extended enough to make contact with it (no rattling around) and that it was tamped to the top well. Guess I'll find out.

Yeah, I figured I'll waste more battery this way (was sort of already using the Argo like this) but do you really feel that I'll need to dump the pod after each use (regardless of whether the extraction is complete)? I was hoping I could come back to unfinished sessions. I could see how short, on-demand could both waste battery and perhaps make cleaning harder? I dunno. Just love the discreteness of this thing.

Using the IQ2 on demand in conjunction with temp stepping may work for you with your short discrete sessions. Less vapor degradation than full extraction (high temp) on demand use (with short discrete sessions). Try it, see how it goes and what you think. Let us know. More owner and user talk here is always appreciated :).

Enjoy the IQ2, great vape!

:peace: :leaf:
Thanks! I'll give the temp stepping a try. Was also considering heating until 390 or so to have one tasty hit and then a quick boost mode for another before ending my mini-sessions? So much experimenting ahead...

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: CANtalk

RustyOldNail

but do you really feel that I'll need to dump the pod after each use

Only if you want to do a few quick hits, then plan on shutting the power off. You can leave the pods in of course, but they will still be getting heated by the oven as it’s SLOWLY cooling down. If you immediately want to stop the heating, I’ve dumped the pods in a ceramic bowl. This is one of the least known or used benefits of using pods, can’t do that with a native loaded bowl. Have fun experimenting.

If you don’t get much vapor with the ceramic pods, you’ll know why. I bought the SS ones, and was pleasantly surprised how well they worked in comparison.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: endof3d

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Only if you want to do a few quick hits, then plan on shutting the power off. You can leave the pods in of course, but they will still be getting heated by the oven as it’s SLOWLY cooling down. If you immediately want to stop the heating, I’ve dumped the pods in a ceramic bowl. This is one of the least known or used benefits of using pods, can’t do that with a native loaded bowl. Have fun experimenting.

If you don’t get much vapor with the ceramic pods, you’ll know why. I bought the SS ones, and was pleasantly surprised how well they worked in comparison.
Ok, I'll keep that in mind about the SS pods. My Dyna is stainless so I totally get how well that material can work for conduction. Good point about the oven staying hot for a while. I can safely just put my Dyna down after a session bc it cools so quickly being open to the air. On the flip side, I'm pretty sure I would let my Argo cool down with material inside for the next session and it seemed to work ok? That was a while back. Maybe it was less than optimal or maybe I just wasn't a discerning vaper yet....

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: CANtalk

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
All good advice from forum members. Ceramic pods take longer to heat up than SS, they're rather fragile and attaching the small top can be a pain ( no threads ). Use my IQ2 exclusively with SS pods, a fine grind and packed tight. Because of the extra pod wall thickness, I would suggest experimenting running 10 degrees hotter than you normally would. Done right, you should be able to closely replicate the DV vapor extraction experience if desired.

Dumping the pod out and popping it back in for another hit later couldn't be simpler. This is a quality unit that offers many options to personalize your experience. Enjoy!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks! I'll give the temp stepping a try. Was also considering heating until 390 or so to have one tasty hit and then a quick boost mode for another before ending my mini-sessions? So much experimenting ahead...

Yeah your situation I wouldn't even bother with the pods maybe, a full bowl could last you a while if you turn it on just for a few puffs at a time especially at the lower end, you just need to be economical puffing as it is nearly heated up and keep puffing when you shut it off so there's not too much time on really... For small amounts I also highly recommend the zirconia spacers, they make the IQ2 very efficient for smaller loads (but a little trickier for loading and unloading)

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
All good advice from forum members. Ceramic pods take longer to heat up than SS, they're rather fragile and attaching the small top can be a pain ( no threads ). Use my IQ2 exclusively with SS pods, a fine grind and packed tight. Because of the extra pod wall thickness, I would suggest experimenting running 10 degrees hotter than you normally would. Done right, you should be able to closely replicate the DV vapor extraction experience if desired.

Dumping the pod out and popping it back in for another hit later couldn't be simpler. This is a quality unit that offers many options to personalize your experience. Enjoy!
Thanks! Nice ppl on here and good discussion. I really can't see why this wouldn't be a popular device. It ticks a lot of boxes. Removable battery, no plastics, sexy and portable design, 10 year warranty.

I hope I can find a type of pod that works for me since this looks like the method I'd like. I could extract the pod and store in the silicon case after use for possible later use, no?

The zirconia spacers sound nice but don't solve the problem of leaving herb in the bowl cooking for more that needed between sessions I suppose. Not sure even the biggest spacer would leave a small enough bowl to finish with my tiny sessions. Even 0.1g in my Dyna lasts me two mini-sessions.

Yeah your situation I wouldn't even bother with the pods maybe, a full bowl could last you a while if you turn it on just for a few puffs at a time especially at the lower end, you just need to be economical puffing as it is nearly heated up and keep puffing when you shut it off so there's not too much time on really... For small amounts I also highly recommend the zirconia spacers, they make the IQ2 very efficient for smaller loads (but a little trickier for loading and unloading)
I see your point. This is I think basically how I used the Argo too and it seemed to work. I'll have to try this method versus pod removal and storing for later. The pods do have the benefit of less cleaning of the oven I'm told. Do you find the spacers help at all in this regard?

Top Bottom