• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DaVinci IQ2

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I MUST buy a new vape for 4/20 because well, VAS.
I already have the Miqro, will be cool to try out the bigger size. And now that my state is legal, any day now I will be able to go into a dispensary and CHOOSE strains and this will be fun to be able to track dosage.

Question for you fine folks...
For accessories, I am getting the spacers, the glove (I use it on Miqro often) and... do I need anything else? Is the flavor chamber worth getting?
Is the consensus to get the ceramic over glass spacers?
Thanks for any advice.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I already have the Miqro, will be cool to try out the bigger size. And now that my state is legal, any day now I will be able to go into a dispensary and CHOOSE strains and this will be fun to be able to track dosage.

For accessories, I am getting the spacers, the glove (I use it on Miqro often) and... do I need anything else? Is the flavor chamber worth getting?
Thanks for any advice.

It comes with the chamber, it's not a flavor chamber anymore, don't add anything to it, no need to buy a spare... And yes stick with the zirconia spacers! Up to you if you want to get spares of the dosing capsules, it only comes with one, I still have not tried mine actually those some people here love them... I don't think there's anything else you'd need?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Thanks for any advice.

Hi Jill NYC,
From what I understand from early user reports, the rubber sleeve was NOT updated to properly fit the slightly larger IQ2. I put a thick rubber vape band around mine, mostly to add more grip. Hopefully, they will eventually add an IQ2 glove.

The dosage thing is something I have not bothered with, not sure how accurate it might be. You might enjoy it.

Get the Zirconium spacer set, better then the OG glass ones.

You don’t need an extra flavor chamber, unless you want a backup, or plan to put flavored herbs in it, and want to swap. I have never tried that either, I leave it empty, as it’s main function is too cool the vapor. Being ceramic, it can break or crack if dropped, but it’s pretty tough stuff. I bought a spare extended mouthpiece as I don’t like the flat one, just to have a spare. Same with the ball spacer in the load end, the accessories were fairly priced so I bought a spare ball too.

The base IQ2 unit comes with one white ceramic dosing pod, so you can try it, and buy more if you like them. For me, too much extra work, so I don’t use them.

The most used accessory for me are the Zirconium spacers. If you have the extra cash, their new bubbler works great, useful for IQ2 and Miqro. I own both, so if you have any other questions......

Oops, once again, out posted by “you know who”...

Surf Monkey

Thanks for any advice.

Batteries. Get two or three extra batteries.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Thanks @Shit Snacks , @RustyOldNail and @Surf Monkey - so glad I asked!
okay, so I won’t bother with the glove or flavor chamber.
The dosing caps look cool, but I have dosing caps for several of my vapes and never use them, so probably not worth it.
But extra batteries, I will get. Although I assume the battery life is a lot better than the Miqro (Rhetorical question - it HAS to be better!)

RustyOldNail

Thanks @Shit Snacks , @RustyOldNail and @Surf Monkey - so glad I asked!
okay, so I won’t bother with the glove or flavor chamber.
The dosing caps look cool, but I have dosing caps for several of my vapes and never use them, so probably not worth it.
But extra batteries, I will get. Although I assume the battery life is a lot better than the Miqro (Rhetorical question - it HAS to be better!)

Indeed, a 18650 3000mAh VTC6 will last almost 3x as long as the Miqro 900-1000mAh 18350 batteries. My IQ2 came with the YDL Chinese factory brand, and the specs are very similar to a VTC6, so it’s in my battery rotation too.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Has anyone experienced this:

I had a 5 minute session yesterday, at 380 degrees. Full oven. Got done and thought I turned the unit off. Set it down. 5 minutes later, I notice that I smell a burning smell. Pick up the unit and it is burning hot, very uncomfortable to hold. The control button and up/down arrows were illuminated in a white/pale light. None of the buttons would work to do anything. I couldn’t turn it off and it felt like it was getting hotter. I had to take the battery out to get it to turn off.

Once the unit cooled, I checked the oven. All the herb had turned to black dust. It was fully incinerated. Unlike anything I’ve ever seen In a vape. I cleaned the unit but it still stinks. Not sure that smell will ever leave. Which is a deal killer if so. I really liked this vape, for the flavor. So much so, that I ordered a backup last week. Now, I just don’t know......
This is interesting. Unsure what would have caused it and most importantly glad you brought this to our support team to diagnose. Please DM us to you need any more movement on this, happy to help!

Davinci_vaporizer,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Herbie

This is interesting. Unsure what would have caused it and most importantly glad you brought this to our support team to diagnose. Please DM us to you need any more movement on this, happy to help!

Hi there, thank you for your post. I have been out of town for a few days and will be sending the unit to you on Monday. My ticket number is 146415.

I surely hope you will be sending me a brand new unit. With what happened to this one, I really doubt that the smell is ever coming out of it, which will obviously have a significant negative impact on the flavor. I only had the unit since February 2021 and it might have been used 10 times (probably also cleaned it twice, at least) before this happened. The picture below shows the oven contents after this issue occurred:

Last edited:
Herbie,
Reactions: Jill NYC

OziDV8

OK Davinci_vaporize I've got a question. How come Australians don't get free postage? If that is not bad enough we get ripped off on postage. It would cost me $30us to post a parcel to you but I pay $60 for you to send one to me. When I ask the question about free postage I know that you protect Aussie suppliers but It stops me a customer that has been buying your products off your site from not long after your company started getting explorer deals. So why are Australians being treated different to the rest.

cpl5938

I picked up another IQ2 direct during their 420 sale. This one does not exhibit the low-battery-shutoff-during-heating that we've talked about in this thread and that Davinci reports is expected behavior. With my new one I can have even just 2 lights of battery left and it will still heat up to smart path 4. My other ones would shut off midway and I'd have to turn them on again.

moonbeamsounds

Has anyone experienced this:

I had a 5 minute session yesterday, at 380 degrees. Full oven. Got done and thought I turned the unit off. Set it down. 5 minutes later, I notice that I smell a burning smell. Pick up the unit and it is burning hot, very uncomfortable to hold. The control button and up/down arrows were illuminated in a white/pale light. None of the buttons would work to do anything. I couldn’t turn it off and it felt like it was getting hotter. I had to take the battery out to get it to turn off.

Once the unit cooled, I checked the oven. All the herb had turned to black dust. It was fully incinerated. Unlike anything I’ve ever seen In a vape. I cleaned the unit but it still stinks. Not sure that smell will ever leave. Which is a deal killer if so. I really liked this vape, for the flavor. So much so, that I ordered a backup last week. Now, I just don’t know......
Hello, I am a new member here who experienced almost this exact scenario with my iq2 within 14 days of buying. I had reached out to DaVinci and even sent them the unit to “repair” but it arrived back to me and has ever since started turning itself off intermittently and I never trusted it again. I had thought that this unit turned itself on at one point as well. The interior of the unit has never been the same and does smell and taste bad. The material that had been in it was black coal like powder by the time the battery was removed. I though it was going to explode honestly when this happened but never really felt DaVinci’s customer service took any of this seriously and multiple times denied to exchange the unit. Did you end of having any luck or gathering further info?

moonbeamsounds,

RustyOldNail

I started a “ticket” yesterday. They got back to me today to confirm my address. I suppose that means they are going to send me another unit, although they already had all my contact information. I want to find out why they think this happened. I will report back as soon as I get more feedback.

I had an issue with a small Davinci accessory. No help from the Davinci rep. here. So I tried a Davinci customer service email address, NO RESPONSE. Opened a TICKET, on their website.....

..... same response you got, “can you confirm your address”, which I did. NOTHING after that. I responded to that a week later, just asking if they received my response, and was there any resolution? So far, NOTHING....
So, I wouldn’t assume you are getting any help, let alone a replacement.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: BrianTL

Herbie

Hello, I am a new member here who experienced almost this exact scenario with my iq2 within 14 days of buying. I had reached out to DaVinci and even sent them the unit to “repair” but it arrived back to me and has ever since started turning itself off intermittently and I never trusted it again. I had thought that this unit turned itself on at one point as well. The interior of the unit has never been the same and does smell and taste bad. The material that had been in it was black coal like powder by the time the battery was removed. I though it was going to explode honestly when this happened but never really felt DaVinci’s customer service took any of this seriously and multiple times denied to exchange the unit. Did you end of having any luck or gathering further info?

I identified the issue to them via a “ticket’ on 4/11. I wasn‘t able to ship the unit until last week. They acknowledged receipt on Friday. I haven’t heard anything else since then. Prior to receipt, they said they had submitted a “request” for shipping me a new unit but I have heard nothing more about that. I have made it clear that I am not expecting to receive the old unit back. As far as I am concerned, it is fouled and ruined. I do not believe the stank will ever come out and that is a non starter. Frankly, I am very surprised that they have not already shipped a new unit to me. I sent them the picture of the blackened material and the situation should be clear. The unit was purchased in February.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
C7-A3527-B-9-AF1-4587-923-D-0-A0-DA6-B33-FE3.png

Deecee

Hi there, thank you for your post. I have been out of town for a few days and will be sending the unit to you on Monday. My ticket number is 146415.

I surely hope you will be sending me a brand new unit. With what happened to this one, I really doubt that the smell is ever coming out of it, which will obviously have a significant negative impact on the flavor. I only had the unit since February 2021 and it might have been used 10 times (probably also cleaned it twice, at least) before this happened. The picture below shows the oven contents after this issue occurred:
Shocked that they would be capable of doing this, I have to vape a bowl like 4x on max (430) to get it fully brown.

Deecee,

Herbie

Shocked that they would be capable of doing this, I have to vape a bowl like 4x on max (430) to get it fully brown.

I don’t know what the temp was but it sure seemed to be far in excess of 430. Whatever it was, it didn’t register on the display. The unit was basically too hot to handle and seemed to be getting hotter until I got the battery out.

Davinci told me yesterday that a new unit has been shipped to me. So, that’s good.

souovaka

Hi, guys. This is my first post in FC, but I have used this forum as a rich resource for the past two years.

I have been a (very happy) Miqro owner since February 2019, and recently VAS kicked in. So I started looking for a second vape and the main improvement I wanted was on the only point where the Miqro doesn’t shine, which is battery life.

With the tiny device I was able to enjoy one packed chamber (around 0.2g) in 3 ou 4 sessions, one each night, sharing it with my wife. You see, we are microdosers and sharing one session in Smart Path 1 was enough to help us get a good nigh of sleep. So night 2, we go SP2, and so on. On night 4 taste is bad, but the effects are still felt.

Whenever I wanted to go to outer space, I would just do two SP sessions back to back (usually SP2 and 3).

I love the taste it produces with the fresh chamber during a whole SP1, and the beginning of SP2 the next day. Never had problems with it not being a cloud machine, once the effects were all there. GREAT taste + discreteness + SP + buzz = love. 😃

But, sometimes not being able to use it for even 4 sessions straight (a normal chamber use for me), started getting a little boring.

So I got stuck between Solo 2 and the IQ2. By all the reviews, the first one seemed a safer option, but I love my Miqro so nice, and read many great reviews at this sub, that the final decision was to keep me faithful to Davinci line - if the little brother is so good, the big and most expensive one must be unbelievable, right?

My IQ2 (and the zirconia spacers) arrived 2 days ago and it’s even more beautiful personally. So I proceeded to the burnoff (two 8 minutes at 430F). And on to the first trial!

My objective with the device is to use similarly to the way I use the Miqro. Small doses (with the use of the spacers or dosing capsules). First night of the new chamber on SP1 (for about 6 minutes), second night with the same chamber on SP2 (for about 6 minutes), and so on. But much less battery charging. Seems promising.

And when the pandemics is over, and we’re all vaccinated, use the big full chamber for group sessions.

So back to the first use, 0.2g (grounded just like I do for the Miqro, and works perfectly), large zirconia spacer on top, and Smart Path 1. And, disappointment… the very first hit had just a hint of the Monster Cookie taste, but a very pronounced ruber-ish one.

Did the whole session, even though, and noticed that it produce much more vapour than Miqro did even at SP4. And after the 6th or 7th hit, a gentle popcorn taste was coming, and by the last minute of the session it was popcorn time. I never got to popcorn taste on the Miqro on SP 1 or 2!

So, taste-wise it was terrible, but I got high as a kite. The SP1 on IQ2 got me higher than most double sessions on Miqro, even at SP3 and 4 back to back.

But the herb was done, and no chance to make another session with it. The next day I woke up with a terrible headache, and think it could have been be caused by offgassing.

So I did more 6 burnoff’s yesterday and tried it again. This time, I packed the oven full and went 350F (3 minutes), 360 (2 min) and 370 (for the rest of the session).

Taste was 95% less rubbery, but again the bud taste was awful comparing to what I get with the Miqro. Just a hint of terpenes in the first two or three hits, and popcorn shows up in around 5 or 6 minutes mark. The ABV came out dark brown, with some (little) parts almost black.

So, I’m wondering, is this the nature of this beast? Less flavour than the Miqro, but a harder punch/buzz to the head/body? No chance of using a chamber twice? I wonder how the ABV will come out in SP4.

Are any of you able to use the same chamber for more than one session?

Sorry for the long text, but I wanted to let everything clear, mainly that I know the Miqro really well and have read all the useful advices on IQ2. And am a little afraid I didn’t go the Solo 2 or second Miqro route.

But before giving up, I would like to hear from you. I still have hopes to love the IQ2 as much as do love the Miqro.

RustyOldNail

In my experience, the only differences between the two, are the battery life, and hotter oven. Since after every session I dump and clean, have no flavor issues. Try using the IQ2 without the Z spacer, and just adjust the pearl for a smaller dose, but try to finish the session, and see if there is a flavor difference. Also many “micro” dose users did not find the larger IQ2, to be good for small loads. I don’t use it that way. Sorry, wish I could offer more....

souovaka

In my experience, the only differences between the two, are the battery life, and hotter oven. Since after every session I dump and clean, have no flavor issues. Try using the IQ2 without the Z spacer, and just adjust the pearl for a smaller dose, but try to finish the session, and see if there is a flavor difference. Also many “micro” dose users did not find the larger IQ2, to be good for small loads. I don’t use it that way. Sorry, wish I could offer more....
Thanks, man. Your posts here have been useful and help me take the plunge on the IQ2.

Yestarday I loaded a full chamber, no spacers, an even pearl screwed all the way in. Was trying to “infuse” the chamber with herbal taste to see if it helps. Taste was not that improved, but I hope today’s session will be better.

I had hopes that the zirconia spacers and the dosing pods could help me when using small doses (read someone saying he could use 0.15g with spacers).

Can you tell me if one session in SP1 is enough to “kill” a load entirely?

souovaka,

Herbie

Thanks, man. Your posts here have been useful and help me take the plunge on the IQ2.

Yestarday I loaded a full chamber, no spacers, an even pearl screwed all the way in. Was trying to “infuse” the chamber with herbal taste to see if it helps. Taste was not that improved, but I hope today’s session will be better.

I had hopes that the zirconia spacers and the dosing pods could help me when using small doses (read someone saying he could use 0.15g with spacers).

Can you tell me if one session in SP1 is enough to “kill” a load entirely?

My 2 cents........the primary reason that I like the IQ2 is the taste. I have never tried any other Davinci product, so I have nothing to compare to for them. I think the IQ2 flavor is on par with my Solo 2, maybe even slightly better vapor production, overall. It’s better flavor than my Mighty but the Mighty is very good, has better vapor production (clouds) and is nothing if not consistent. I use full loads in the IQ2, vape at 375 and up and exhaust the load in one session. Then there’s my Firefly 2+, Plenty, DynaVap and Volcano, all very good in their own ways.

Top Bottom