• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DaVinci IQ2

CANtalk

Good news there @Maryjanie. I'd highly recommend Davinci maintain that vendor support page and keep it up to date 👍 . Resellers are a very important part of your success 🎆. That list affects buyer decisions... I used it to buy from a specific vendor. It's a great list and I sought out and appreciate that information. Keep it up to date!

My friend visited again, another week in with the new IQ2 and they're a happy owner. One month in now (daily use). They're happy with the buy, and to have been able to so smoothly and quickly transition from smoking to vaping (as a multidecade daily cannabis smoker). They never run out of power from two batteries in a day of vaping and that external USB charger (4 battery digital) makes it a breeze to recharge overnight with spare capacity for more batteries (<$19US on Amazon).

The IQ2 needs more buzz imo. Premium conduction vapes are great for flavors, competing very well with convection, and the IQ2 is a really impressive package overall. No vape is perfect so the IQ2 isn't for everyone, but it its strengths should bring broad appeal. The IQ2 benefits from a routine, but with basic instructions, most people dial in a great experience pretty quickly. My former smoker new owner friend recently highlighted how they have dialed in a routine so far and it's an enjoyable part of the experience. Frankly, smoking itself has a well known & significant routine, with many acknowledging the significant psychological enjoyment of that component of the experience. So, and I've found, when getting off of smoking it helps to find a similarly habitualistic experience. That can be done with most any vape, but the IQ2 is a premium vape with a lot of flexibility, providing a rewarding experience for many. My friend was able to adapt to and enjoy the long slow draw aspect of an ultraportable conduction vape. Habitualistic again. As mentioned before, the display encouraging slow long draws is engaging and rewarding.

At this point I expect time to go fast. Will try to report back.

And I got to see first hand how my friend IQ2 owner has stopped with the coughing / lung clearing they were doing a few weeks back (and posted here). Night and day difference. To even casual observers it was obvious to see how much better vaping is to smoking. FC!

I look forward to hearing back from all the new buyers and owners who've been posting here. And this thread needs more OG's posting :). Cheers.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Breaking Bud

Anyone using the SMART PATH feature?

On most of my devices, I Temp step up. So this auto ramp up in the four Smart Paths, is very interesting to me. From what I’ve read so far, it’s a “slow” ramp up over 8 minutes. I assume, if you don’t want a full 8 minute session, and turn the unit off, these Smart Paths, are not as useful. You have a lot less session time on a Mighty, though you can extend it, but you have to MANUALLY temp step with the buttons. Hopefully, I’ll have my unit in a week or so.

Thanks!

I have a BCG Grinder with all 3 plates, but as far as I know, no one makes a MED/FINE plate, Well is it party cloudy, or partly sunny? Davinci recommends a MED/COURSE grind/plate, don’t believe I’ve seen that either. I’ll figure it out, but check out the brilliant wording:

Davinci site:
“TIPS TO KEEP IN MIND
Here are one a few more gems before we jump into our first Smart Path. ALWAYS load your bowl nice and firmly but do NOT overpack it. Do this as well as grind cannabis material to result in a medium-coarse texture. Not too fine and not too coarse, just right in the middle.”
Personally, I have little use for the Smart Path. I'm really pleased with the vape. I use a glass spacer and it's my go to. Works so well that I've removed the pearl.

CANtalk

Personally, I have little use for the Smart Path. I'm really pleased with the vape. I use a glass spacer and it's my go to. Works so well that I've removed the pearl.
My owner friend doesn't use Smart Path either... though I'm sure some owners do. Sounds great. I know of the dosage pod options and highlighted it to the owner for next step consideration. They are another excellent accessory that I think is the way to go vaping with the IQ2 long term. The dosage pods are available in both ceramic or glass, and filling it with fresh ground flower keeps the oven cleaner. Plus the dosage pods are easily soaked and clean separately. The dosage pod is a lower capacity than the oven alone 4 sure, but it's still a good size (~0.2 grams & don't forget compacting); vaping a few smaller pods over time will bring the best flavors longer than when vaping a single full oven bowl. The dosage pods also make it easy to preload the vaping sessions the night before... then plug and play :cheers:. There's a lot to like about dosage pods.... and it has a become a very popular option on a number of portable vapes.

Thx for the custom setup feedback đź‘Ť. The IQ2 is so flexible... like the best premium vapes out there, and it gives owners a number of ways to dial in and optimize their own personal experience. There's not much feedback on specific routines and methods yet for the IQ2, so the more sharing the better.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
My owner friend doesn't use Smart Path either... though I'm sure some owners do. Sounds great. I know of the dosage pod options and highlighted it to the owner for next step consideration. They are another excellent accessory that I think is the way to go vaping with the IQ2 long term. The dosage pods are available in both ceramic or glass, and filling it with fresh ground flower keeps the oven cleaner. Plus the dosage pods are easily soaked and clean separately. The dosage pod is a lower capacity than the oven alone 4 sure, but it's still a good size (~0.2 grams & don't forget compacting); vaping a few smaller pods over time will bring the best flavors longer than when vaping a single full oven bowl. The dosage pods also make it easy to preload the vaping sessions the night before... then plug and play :cheers:. There's a lot to like about dosage pods.... and it has a become a very popular option on a number of portable vapes.

Thx for the custom setup feedback đź‘Ť. The IQ2 is so flexible... like the best premium vapes out there, and it gives owners a number of ways to dial in and optimize their own personal experience. There's not much feedback on specific routines and methods yet for the IQ2, so the more sharing the better.

I’ve tried using the single included white ceramic dosage pod, flower only, several times with BAD results. I’ve tried both fine & medium grinds, different tamps, etc. I’ve tried Smart Paths #3 & #4, then manually dialed to max temp 430f. I’ve let it sit and heat also, as I’m sure it takes a bit longer and additional heat to soak the ceramic pod. Nothing has made these useful for me, unlike my Mighty Pods.

I get VERY LITTLE vapor at all out of a POD, in every way I’ve tried it. My normal .3 oven loads vape fine, so the IQ2 is working great.

Since you seem to like these PODS a lot, can you share any TIPS, or SUGGESTIONS, I could try to make a dosage pod perform at all, before I shelve the pod idea for good. Thanks!

cpl5938

@RustyOldNail I use the dosage pods exclusively. Not sure I can offer any tips. I pack it pretty tight in the pods and since I do that don't find much difference between grind types. It does seem to need a higher temp sometimes. I don't use the IQ2 as a session vape; I do 2-3 hits and turn it off. I can get 10-12 hits out of a pod. The first few are big if I keep the smart path at 3 or 4 and have the air dial closed. The next three hits are not as big. What I do then is take out the pod (once cool) and turn it over and put it back in. I then get three more bigs hits and then a few light ones. Granted, sometimes a pod just doesn't give me big hits but for now the benefit of a much cleaner IQ2 is worth it for me.

RustyOldNail

@RustyOldNail I use the dosage pods exclusively. Not sure I can offer any tips. I pack it pretty tight in the pods and since I do that don't find much difference between grind types. It does seem to need a higher temp sometimes. I don't use the IQ2 as a session vape; I do 2-3 hits and turn it off. I can get 10-12 hits out of a pod. The first few are big if I keep the smart path at 3 or 4 and have the air dial closed. The next three hits are not as big. What I do then is take out the pod (once cool) and turn it over and put it back in. I then get three more bigs hits and then a few light ones. Granted, sometimes a pod just doesn't give me big hits but for now the benefit of a much cleaner IQ2 is worth it for me.

Thanks for taking your time to share your experience. I just haven’t had any success getting decent amount of vapor from a pod, even at 430f. So far with an immediate iso QTip swab out after brushing bowl, the bowl looks like new, so that is not such a real plus for using pods to keep bowl cleaner. I do only use pods in my Mighty, but I’m finding the IQ2’s glass lined bowl cleans up nice if you stay on top of it.

I just received the Zirconia Spacers, and am testing them. So far I’ve tried the 10mm large one, and have found like most, they work better if loaded LAST, after the flower in the bowl. I was hoping they would work the same if inserted first, to help reduce the amount of tiny herbs getting into the vapor path, and clogging the mouthpiece, as well as making it easier to then be able to judge by eye, how much flower to load on top. BUT, even at higher temperatures, there is a lot less vapor at the same settings, only changing the top/bottom position of the spacer. With the flower first, then the spacer on top, in my second test, I probably put too much in, heated fine, until higher temperatures, then the flower must have expanded, the draw was way to tight at the end.

The heating efficiency is noticeably better with the spacer on top, so I’m going to now have to do some flower weight measurements, so I can just scoop in the exact amount before placing the spacer on top, gentle tamp, let the ball just touch and hold the spacer. This should make it easier to duplicate future loads.

I’ve tested both medium and fine grinds in my BCG, and watched and read as many reviews and articles that originally stated you “NEED A FINE GRIND, PACKED TIGHT”, but now even newer Davinci articles state a medium grind works best, as well as more recent articles. I’ve found this to be true for me and my grinder. The fine grind even lightly tamped really increased the draw RESISTANCE, and the tiny flower bits were clogging up the tiny holes in the mouthpiece, and adding a lot more bits to the flavor chamber. I don’t mind cleaning, but having to do it twice as often, made me decide to stick with a MEDIUM GRIND, and just use amount and light tamp as my variables, as well as the airflow control.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
I’ve tried using the single included white ceramic dosage pod, flower only, several times with BAD results. I’ve tried both fine & medium grinds, different tamps, etc. I’ve tried Smart Paths #3 & #4, then manually dialed to max temp 430f. I’ve let it sit and heat also, as I’m sure it takes a bit longer and additional heat to soak the ceramic pod. Nothing has made these useful for me, unlike my Mighty Pods.

I get VERY LITTLE vapor at all out of a POD, in every way I’ve tried it. My normal .3 oven loads vape fine, so the IQ2 is working great.

Since you seem to like these PODS a lot, can you share any TIPS, or SUGGESTIONS, I could try to make a dosage pod perform at all, before I shelve the pod idea for good. Thanks!
Hey there @RustyOldNail - thank you for sharing your experience with the pods! We would love to work with you and see how we can help you see more vapor with them. We sent you a direct message!

Also, to others in this thread, we will come back and share what we found.

Love this thread and want to be able to contribute the best approaches to enjoying your DaVinci devices!

RustyOldNail

Hey there @RustyOldNail - thank you for sharing your experience with the pods! We would love to work with you and see how we can help you see more vapor with them. We sent you a direct message!

Also, to others in this thread, we will come back and share what we found.

Love this thread and want to be able to contribute the best approaches to enjoying your DaVinci devices!

Standing by ......

CANtalk

I find dosage pods for a portable vape have lots of merit for many people, though it also comes down to how well a dosage pod system is designed and incorporated into any vape. I'm looking forward to more community feedback and details on dosage pod use with the IQ2. Thx for the feedback and hope you can dial in the dosage pods and get better results. Let us know how it goes. As for tips/suggestions, I think packing the pod, like the oven is important with the IQ2 as a conduction vape. Many people can pack more tightly. I think @cpl5938 posted an oven packing tool for other Davinci vapes that shows significant compression in the pictures. And as mentioned, a medium-coarse grind appears to be preferable, helping to get a good pack while also allowing a reasonable draw resistance. I like the spacer idea as well and thx for the feedback on the different positions and use. The flower weight measurements will be helpful. Thx @cpl5938 for your use feedback and hopefully it helps everyone here. Keep it coming owners. Thx for contributing and the offer to help @Davinci_vaporizer. It's great to see methods and techniques being discussed in detail. This info can really help people in optimizing their own routines.

With the flower first, then the spacer on top, in my second test, I probably put too much in, heated fine, until higher temperatures, then the flower must have expanded, the draw was way to tight at the end.
I noticed my friend really extracts the cannabis in the IQ2, lots of draws and all the way up the temp settings; it's to the point that the AVB coming out is very dark brown and pulverized. I don't doubt that such dark pulverized AVB, with lots of fine particles, can cause the draw to become significantly more restrictive and clog things. My AVB is not as dark and stays much more intact than the AVB from my friend. Therefore, if the AVB coming out is quite dark and pulverized, I'd suggest vaping to a few less draws and/or a little less temperature; it should work better and help to keep the draw more consistently open. And to help with vapor density, I'd suggest packing the pod / chamber more (med-coarse grind) and going for a few less draws total (and/or less temp). I'd much rather settle on that than going for hard-core extraction and having vapor density and usability suffer.

Another suggestion for IQ2 owners to consider is dry vs moist cannabis. I use mason jar boveda stored cannabis and it's not difficult to objectively see how that affects vaporizer performance. I always recommend that if anyone wants more vapor density when vaping, go with dry cannabis.

Hope that helps.

I look forward to ongoing contributions here for IQ2 ownership and use!

RustyOldNail

Already tried everything I could with the pods as I originally wrote. Not worth the trouble in my opinion.

I just received the zirconia spacers, they seem to work well to reduce bowl size, if placed in the IQ2, after the load, last in bowl. Thanks.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: CANtalk

Bazinga

I don't use any spacers. I do pack fairly tight. When I didn't completely fill the chamber and packed loosely I was only getting wispy vapor at best. When I learned, in this thread, how to pack properly the results improved dramatically.

RustyOldNail

I don't use any spacers. I do pack fairly tight. When I didn't completely fill the chamber and packed loosely I was only getting wispy vapor at best. When I learned, in this thread, how to pack properly the results improved dramatically.

Filling the chamber with my BCG medium gring, takes .3 grams, and with a light tamp, works fine. Now with the large 10mm spacer I can load .1 - .15, with the small 6mm spacer, I can load .15 - .20, need a touch higher temperatures, but can now do smaller loads with decent results.

@CANtalk I didn't post about a packing tool, but this is what I use: https://www.amazon.com/Pax1Pax2Pax3...ding+Tool+for+Pax2&Pax3&qid=1610568100&sr=8-1

I pack it pretty tight and it comes out like you described: dark an pulverized.

That’s yet another cheap clone of the original PAX LOADER TOOL, designed and sold by NewVape. Seems from some of the reviews it’s plastic and breaks.

CANtalk

RustyOldNail

Sorry about that... the packing tool and I was comparing to was the Vape Press. Here's how tightly the Vape Press packs cannabis for the IQ, described as "cannabis cakes".
be15ac_2aea89d500e7430abc91c26ebbf2515c~mv2_d_3948_2802_s_4_2.webp

Have you read the various online user reviews of these packing devices? Most say the brick is too tight, doesn’t get enough heat to the inside, and kills airflow. I was considering these little packing gags, there are more then one, some 3D printed etc. But after all I’ve read, I’ll skip them for this device.

RustyOldNail,

CANtalk

Have you read the various online user reviews of these packing devices? Most say the brick is too tight, doesn’t get enough heat to the inside, and kills airflow. I was considering these little packing gags, there are more then one, some 3D printed etc. But after all I’ve read, I’ll skip them for this device.
I never looked for reviews since that tool doesn't exist for the IQ2. Cart-before-horse thing and fwiw, I didn't advocate for getting/using this tool, instead simply pointing to it as as example of tighter cannabis packing. I think the user reviews, with many finding cake tightness, is of limited usefulness since cake density will be user dependent (how much cannabis is used) and grind dependent. Here's a vid review of the Vape Press tool fwiw... it seems to be pretty straightforward and density can be dialed in for personal preferences and optimal use. It would be nice if there was a IQ2 dosage pod option as well with the Vape Press...

Thx for the cannabis weight measurements your using with the IQ2. Are your weight measurements with moist or dry cannabis? (since mason jar boveda stored cannabis can add significant moisture and weight). My friend hasn't been weighing his cannabis yet with the IQ2. Though I've seen some of the IQ2 oven loads and it's a lot... would guess it'd be in the 0.4+ gram range. When my friend visits, I'll try to get a weight measurement and report back with more reliable numbers.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

I never looked for reviews since that tool doesn't exist for the IQ2. Cart-before-horse thing and fwiw, I didn't advocate for getting/using this tool, instead simply pointing to it as as example of tighter cannabis packing. I think user reviews, with many finding cake tightness, is of limited usefulness since cake density will be user dependent (how much cannabis is used) and grind dependent. Here's a vid review of the tool fwiw... and it seems the Vape Press tool can be dialed in for personal preferences and optimal use.

Thx for the cannabis weight measurements your using with the IQ2. Are your weight measurements with moist or dry cannabis? (since mason jar boveda stored cannabis can add significant moisture and weight). My friend hasn't been weighing his cannabis yet with the IQ2. Though I've seen some of the IQ2 oven loads and it's a lot... would guess it'd be in the 0.4 gram range. When my friend visits, I'll try to get a weight measurement and report back.

I’ve seen these offered for IQ2, isn’t the bowl identical to the IQ OG? Here’s one:

Do you own an IQ2? Or just your “friend”?

Yes, I keep my herb in CVaults at 62%, dry them out a bit when grinding. Not my first BBQ. :)

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: BrianTL

CANtalk

I’ve seen these offered for IQ2, isn’t the bowl identical to the IQ OG? Here’s one:

Do you own an IQ2? Or just your “friend”?

Yes, I keep my herb in CVaults at 62%, dry them out a bit when grinding. Not my first BBQ. :)

Definitely some are selling IQ products for the IQ2 as well. However, with the differences between them, not all items may work as well with the IQ2. I've seen the IQ2 oven described as thicker... but don't know if there is an internal capacity size difference. @Davinci_vaporizer, let us know. Just my friend has the IQ2 and my posts here should reflect that.

Davinci labels the IQ2 oven capacity as 0.5 grams cannabis (with no spacers or dosage pod).

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

Ok, so you are using the OG IQ, that’s what I thought.

From what I’ve read from Davinci advertising, the metal walls of the device are a bit thicker in the IQ2, but the oven is the same size, hence the spacers fittings both models, in width and height. They don’t offer different sized spacers.

BTW: I use the NV PAX loader for my scooping measurements, a level scoop is very close to a .1 gram. Once I learned approximately what works BELOW the spacer, no need to weigh more then once.

You can perhaps get .5 grams in the IQ bowl, if it’s super fine, but I doubt I’d enjoy the RESTRICTION of the draw, no matter the airflow opening, your IQ OG, does NOT have this upgrade as I’m sure you know. With a consistent BCG medium grind, a .3 load is FULL, also confirmed by my extensive research.

Squashdog

Hi all, I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this question or not. If it’s not, I’m happy to delete it with a moderator can delete it. I’m wondering how iq2 compares to something like the craft plus. I’m using the crafty plus, but considering getting the iq2. Just wondering about flavor, cleaning, that sort of stuff. I have yet to see anyone compare these two devices.

Squashdog,

Bazinga

I don't have a Crafty, but I do have a Mighty. In my case the The Mighty uses much less flower to medicate. Incredibly easy to use. A little more work to clean i.e the cooling unit than most of my other devices. I have absolutely no issues with cleaning. I do use dosing capsules. On the large size - a little bulky. Cannot change batteries.

With the IQ2 I fill the chamber with a tighter pack. I probably use twice the amount of flower in my IQ2 than with the Mighty. Works for me because of my tolerance level. After adjusting the flow control dial to my liking I find that the IQ2 provides cooler vapor. The unit itself can can quite warm when used with back to back sessions. Not hot enough that it cannot be held. I do not use Smart Paths or any of the possible apps. Cleaning is not a big deal. Much easier that the original IQ. Fits great in the hand. Easy to replace batteries. Excellent customer support.

I really like the both devices. I use both in my rotation. I lean a little more towards the IQ2.

Squashdog

I don't have a Crafty, but I do have a Mighty. In my case the The Mighty uses much less flower to medicate. Incredibly easy to use. A little more work to clean i.e the cooling unit than most of my other devices. I have absolutely no issues with cleaning. I do use dosing capsules. On the large size - a little bulky. Cannot change batteries.

With the IQ2 I fill the chamber with a tighter pack. I probably use twice the amount of flower in my IQ2 than with the Mighty. Works for me because of my tolerance level. After adjusting the flow control dial to my liking I find that the IQ2 provides cooler vapor. The unit itself can can quite warm when used with back to back sessions. Not hot enough that it cannot be held. I do not use Smart Paths or any of the possible apps. Cleaning is not a big deal. Much easier that the original IQ. Fits great in the hand. Easy to replace batteries. Excellent customer support.

I really like the both devices. I use both in my rotation. I lean a little more towards the IQ2.
Thanks for the response! I definitely like the idea of place or batteries. I also like the idea of the oven being slightly larger. I was wondering about the cleaning, so it’s good to hear that might be a bit easier on the IQ2. Based on what I’ve seen, the iq2 is smaller than the crafty, so that’s a plus for me as well. To jump back to the cleaning, I find dealing with all of the rubber seals on the crafty is a bit of a pain when it comes to cleaning.

How would you compare the vapour quality/taste between the two devices you’re using?

Squashdog,

Bazinga

IMO - the Mighty is a vapor machine. Sometimes a little harsh for me (sensitive throat). The IQ2 is no slouch. No complaints with the vapor production and it's quality with the IQ2. BTW - the hardest part of the cleaning process (for me) is removing the flavor chamber. Found out from another poster that if the device is warm it makes removal of the chamber much easier. He or she was correct !!

CANtalk

@RustyOldNail, I'm not an IQ owner either. My first post here explains lots about me and the IQ2 so check it out. It's great to see owners like you going into detailed feedback on the IQ2 and it use, as it goes. I look forward to your ongoing and long term feedback.

@Squashdog, congratulations on the IQ2! Report back on how things go and what you think. Not many Crafty+ IQ2 comparisons that I've seen out there (yet). I have the Crafty (and a friend the Mighty) and I find the IQ2 competes very well against it... both have great flavors and quality vapor when clean, as well as being ultraportable, reliable, well built and flexible with lots of useability/options (e.g., apps). Each one has its own advantages and disadvantages (e.g., the IQ2 feels/looks much higher quality and definitely smaller, while the Crafty+ produces excellent vapor without much effort or technique, and with a widely adopted/appreciated dosage pod system). My Crafty has been good and reliable to me for years now. I have a new spare battery with harness ready to put into it (and a FC member sells them). Still, I love the IQ2 from what I've seen in the last month. I gave a lot of feedback here on the recent purchase of a combuster friend's first vaporizer, an IQ2. And after a bunch of research and looking at reviews. You may find it a good read fwiw. From what I've seen, at a good price I'd choose the IQ2 over the Crafty+ at this time. I look forward to hearing from more new owners and long term ownership in this thread.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom