• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DaVinci IQ2

CANtalk

My friend's IQ2 experience continues to get better and better. That new 4 cell digital display third party battery charger is awesome. Turns out the IQ2 built-in charging was overestimating the battery charge on its display. The IQ2 battery performance is now much better and it explains the earlier battery performance issues that were going on.

I really like the IQ2. It takes some time to dial in the optimum experience, but it brings the goods for vaping performance. And when kept clean the IQ2 has excellent flavors. The vape is impressively flexible. While the IQ2 bowl is too large for me, I would still pick it up over the MIQRO and simply use the dosage pods for my preferred amounts of cannabis (I was reading it keeps the oven cleaner as well). I see a multi-pack of dosage pods are available from Davinci... a'la Crafty/Mighty style. More flexibility. I find IQ2 a very appealing package overall, with great looks, quality, design, feel, display, use, apps, etc...

Having finally been able to try a quality conduction vaporizer, I've come to the conclusion that for portable vaping (and with a quality vape), conduction heating definitely competes well against convection heating in real-world use and enjoyment. For me, the vapor quality is very comparable... and I would rather focus on price, form factor, quality, cleaning, etc.

Thx for the feedback @Bazinga; I've been watching that TM thread and while it has many fans, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole at this time. To each their own... everyone has different preferences and priorities. I hope things gets better with the TM. Keep the feedback coming 👍 (and to all you other IQ2 owners).

Congratulations @cpl5938. Let us know how it goes!

Have a great Christmas all.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

cpl5938

Got the unit yesterday. I have a Miqro so knew what to expect in theory. Definitely a step up in quality. Having a little trouble dialing in an optimal experience — my hits are thin right now — but I’m sure I’ll get there soon. I start on Smart Path 2 for the first few hits, then up it to Smart Path 3 for a few more hits or so, then up to Path 4. I only take 2-3 hits at a time, turn off the unit during the last hit, and open the oven door slightly to quickly stop the cooking.

The dosage pods keep the oven clean and it seems like the small amount of material goes a long way.

cpl5938,
Reactions: CANtalk

CANtalk

Got the unit yesterday. I have a Miqro so knew what to expect in theory. Definitely a step up in quality. Having a little trouble dialing in an optimal experience — my hits are thin right now — but I’m sure I’ll get there soon. I start on Smart Path 2 for the first few hits, then up it to Smart Path 3 for a few more hits or so, then up to Path 4. I only take 2-3 hits at a time, turn off the unit during the last hit, and open the oven door slightly to quickly stop the cooking.

The dosage pods keep the oven clean and it seems like the small amount of material goes a long way.
Good luck dialing in and enjoy the IQ2 👍. Let us know how it goes.

So far for optimization, I and my friend have had success packing in the herb... as in often the more the better; so try that. And the longer the IQ2 is warmed up before vaping the better (otherwise add a draw). The slow long steady draw technique is important as well with this type of vape (conduction); thankfully the on-screen live display estimating the draw length to about optimal is totally awesome :nod:... so keep an eye on it. And moist flower will take longer than dry flower, so try some drier flower for added extraction efficiency.

Last edited:
CANtalk,
Reactions: cpl5938

Xaun

Just so weird that this many months have past and nowhere on the net has anybody directly answered the question about Satan's anus. It's almost like asking about Hunter Biden! Lol.

I had put this vape into and out of a cart at least 10 times back when it first released. I have also continued to read all the posts here and on VC. I have googled it as well. My IQ works fine, but I would be excited to trade it in for the IQ2 if I could just get a clearer picture of how difficult it is to clean between the oven and the flavor chamber.

Is it easier to clean? Then I would definitely upgrade. Is it the same? Then maybe, but probably not. Is it, God forbid, more difficult? Then absolutely not.

:peace:
Troy from 420vapezone did a video on the iq2 and directly mention that Satan's anus is no longer an issue.

Bazinga

Just gave mine a good cleaning. IMHO it is easier to clean that the Mighty. But I must say, I have no issues cleaning the Mighty either. Satan's anus only comes into play now after eating at Taco Bell.

cpl5938

A little better performance today. I’m just having to run at higher temps than I usually do. Perhaps because I’m using the dosage pods? Anyone compare the hits between filling the oven vs dosage pods?

The taste is close to my Firefly 2+ but definitely a little hotter hits. Using the 10mm mouthpiece helps cool down the hits, which I’ve found as well with the Miqro. Fit and finish is superb on my unit.

cpl5938,

Bazinga

I fill the oven and pack fairly tight. That's a lot of weed, but I have a high tolerance (it seems). I also temp step as I don't feel the need to use the smart path. I have more control over selecting the levels of heat.

Bazinga,

cpl5938

As with my Miqro, I’ve quickly discovered that because I only hit it 2-3 times in a sitting and then pick it up later, usable temps are interesting. The initial hit I do on Smart Path 2 and then increase to Smart Path 3 for the next couple. When I come back to it for hit 4, I have to be on Smart Path 4 to get a good hit. Im probably better off just experimenting with precise temps. I’m getting about 12 hits per dosage capsule. Pretty thin at the end, but still very efficient overall.

cpl5938,

cpl5938

Just discovered I'm not getting great hits because the oven door looks slightly bent and doesn't close all the way so a little bit of air is getting in. Just reached out to Davinci. Grrr.

cpl5938,
  • Sad

Bazinga

Just discovered I'm not getting great hits because the oven door looks slightly bent and doesn't close all the way so a little bit of air is getting in. Just reached out to Davinci. Grrr.
I don't suppose you over loaded the oven preventing the little ball from extending into the oven?

Bazinga,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
My friend is excited to get the Davinci IQ2. Bring it on. Thx for the support.

Good eye @Bazinga if you mean the Herbalizestore.... great prices, authorized seller, big footprint, etc. That's where my friend just purchased the IQ2.

My quick education on the IQ2 (and my friend's) has been entertaining so far and included...

The OEM website.
https://www.davincivaporizer.com/iq2-vaporizer/

YouTube reviews

More YT reviews (less hits)...

I have more videos to share (only 5 per post it seems, haha). Enjoy this current quick media deep dive so far on the IQ2 👍.

Thanks for mentioning that “Herbalizestore” was an authorized dealer, I just ordered one there, had 5 hours left for the current sale price. I’m probably crazy, as I already own a fairly new Mighty, but’s it just feels so HUGE, in my hand. And while I enjoy my TM, I’m just learning and felling the differences between convection and conduction EFFECTS.

Didn’t have to research this to death for once, in the small 18650 conduction style, this one seems to come out on top, and as usual, the price reflects that.

I’ll be back.....

RustyOldNail,

CANtalk

Thanks for mentioning that “Herbalizestore” was an authorized dealer, I just ordered one there, had 5 hours left for the current sale price. I’m probably crazy, as I already own a fairly new Mighty, but’s it just feels so HUGE, in my hand. And while I enjoy my TM, I’m just learning and felling the differences between convection and conduction EFFECTS.

Didn’t have to research this to death for once, in the small 18650 conduction style, this one seems to come out on top, and as usual, the price reflects that.

I’ll be back.....
Happy to help. It was a great sale price on BF, and still great price. I'm really impressed with the IQ2 while coming from a few desktops as well as both Crafty & Mighty use (own the Crafty). The IQ2 redefined my interpretation of conduction vaporizers and flavors 🎆. Keep us in the loop and let us know how it goes with the IQ2. This owners thread is too quiet :zombie:.

Congratulations on the buy and happy new year everyone 🥳 🥂!

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

Hello All,

We wanted to make you aware that a new premium leather sleeve for IQ2 is live on the website. Here is the link: https://www.davincivaporizer.com/iq2-sleeve/

We'll be doing a giveaway on instagram tomorrow, so be on the lookout for that!

Have a great weekend, and stay safe given the current circumstances.

-Rob

www.davincitech.com

Don’t see any “sleeves”, on the Davinci site.

In an odd way, I’m almost happy there does not seem to be many “official”, or 3rd party add-one for this unit. I’m going to try the included ceramic pod, and if I like it, then I’ll get the official 6-pack of pods. Otherwise, the VAPEPRESS looks like it might have promise?

Anyone use a VAPEPRESS?

Also SneakyPete site has short video review on VapePress too!

RustyOldNail,

RustyOldNail

Anyone using the SMART PATH feature?

On most of my devices, I Temp step up. So this auto ramp up in the four Smart Paths, is very interesting to me. From what I’ve read so far, it’s a “slow” ramp up over 8 minutes. I assume, if you don’t want a full 8 minute session, and turn the unit off, these Smart Paths, are not as useful. You have a lot less session time on a Mighty, though you can extend it, but you have to MANUALLY temp step with the buttons. Hopefully, I’ll have my unit in a week or so.

Thanks!

I have a BCG Grinder with all 3 plates, but as far as I know, no one makes a MED/FINE plate, Well is it party cloudy, or partly sunny? Davinci recommends a MED/COURSE grind/plate, don’t believe I’ve seen that either. I’ll figure it out, but check out the brilliant wording:

Davinci site:
“TIPS TO KEEP IN MIND
Here are one a few more gems before we jump into our first Smart Path. ALWAYS load your bowl nice and firmly but do NOT overpack it. Do this as well as grind cannabis material to result in a medium-coarse texture. Not too fine and not too coarse, just right in the middle.”

Last edited:
RustyOldNail,

Maryjanie

I ordered mine yesterday on sale for $220 shipped at everybodydoesit. I love my miqro. The quality feel of the unit and the smooth cool ceramic mouthpiece on my lips are superb for such a little gem and the flavor is just as good or beats every unit I have imo. I’m thinking the glass bowl in the IQ2 & the air dial will throw it up above the rest by leaps and bounds overall. I hope so anyway. I love glass and prefer my flower heat in it over anything else. I have the Arizer Air and Argo, FF2+, HR edge. I can’t wait to try it and I have high hopes. I just wish it had a faster heat up time but oh well.

CANtalk

I ordered mine yesterday on sale for $220 shipped at everybodydoesit. I love my miqro. The quality feel of the unit and the smooth cool ceramic mouthpiece on my lips are superb for such a little gem and the flavor is just as good or beats every unit I have imo. I’m thinking the glass bowl in the IQ2 & the air dial will throw it up above the rest by leaps and bounds overall. I hope so anyway. I love glass and prefer my flower heat in it over anything else. I have the Arizer Air and Argo, FF2+, HR edge. I can’t wait to try it and I have high hopes. I just wish it had a faster heat up time but oh well.
Nice. Is everybodydoesit on the authorized reseller list? Scroll down here to the "See more resellers" link and click to see the authorized reseller list from Davinci.

Let us know what you think!

CANtalk,

RustyOldNail

Anyone using a BCG Grinder with their IQ2, curious of any preferences, in FINE or MEDIUM grind plate?

RustyOldNail,

Maryjanie

Nice. Is everybodydoesit on the authorized reseller list? Scroll down here to the "See more resellers" link and click to see the authorized reseller list from Davinci.

Let us know what you think!
No they aren't. I didn't know to check your site. I assumed if a legit store were able to sell your vapes then it was a vendor. I checked them out to make sure their store was legit. Now what? Do I need to order elsewhere and send it back when it arrives?

Maryjanie,
  • Sad

cpl5938

Discovered a neat little trick with the dosage pods. If I flip it over and put it back in the opposite way in the oven than when I first put it in, I can get a few more big hits just when it seems like the pod is spent.

I take 3 hits at a time and then turn off the oven. After hit 6 I flip the dosage pod around and instead of just getting a few more wispy hits, I get 3 strong ones and then another few weak ones, almost doubling what I can get out of a pod.

RustyOldNail

No they aren't. I didn't know to check your site. I assumed if a legit store were able to sell your vapes then it was a vendor. I checked them out to make sure their store was legit. Now what? Do I need to order elsewhere and send it back when it arrives?

You can review that company, or any other website here:

I don’t know if NOT buying from a approved vendor has any warranty implications, that info might be on the Davinci site?

RustyOldNail,

CANtalk

I don't doubt Everybodydoesit is legit, but if they aren't an authorized reseller of Davinci products, there may be no warranty with any units purchased from them.

Try reaching out to Davinci (they have toll free phone support) and find out about their reseller list and everybodydoesit, what they recommend and how it may affect the warranty. Often times, unapproved reseller vapes aren't warrantied by the manufacturer. After that, you can decide if you want to keep the vape or return it and buy it elsewhere. Let us know what you find out. And good luck 👍. Hope you get it sorted.

CANtalk,
Reactions: endof3d

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hey @Maryjanie everyonedoesit is an authorized vendor of DaVinci products, so no worries there. We just need to update that page. Just don't buy from Ebay and Alibaba and you're fine :)

Congrats and enjoy the IQ2! It's a different experience than the MIQRO for sure.

Top Bottom