• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DaVinci IQ2

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
I haven't that problem on the IQ and the IQ2. But many people have stated it has been an issue with IQ. The IQ 2 is much more precise device.

If what you described happened or happens, there is a solid 10 year warranty. They are a very customer friendly company.

Davinci Customer Support 323-768-0183 - 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM US - EST.

dimitri

was there / is there an upgrade plan i had read somewhere from the IQ1 to the IQ2?

dimitri,

Kid Lightning

does the IQ2 pop open and randomly shut off like the IQ?
Never popped open for me but has shut off out of nowhere when the battery is low serveral times. The battery is not flat (still 1 or 2 bars) and I'll turn it back on and get power again for another few minutes or so then it will randomly shut off again, it must be where the battery is low the voltage doesnt push enough amps through momentarily causing it to turn off. New battery in and it starts working as normal.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@Kid Lightning We noticed the same issues with the IQ battery life, the issue is with the Bluetooth feature not shutting off. With the IQ2 unit, we solved the issue by turning the Bluetooth feature off, when the battery is at 3.5%. This is also a reason as to why the unit will shut down, to protect the battery.

cooper

Never popped open for me but has shut off out of nowhere when the battery is low serveral times. The battery is not flat (still 1 or 2 bars) and I'll turn it back on and get power again for another few minutes or so then it will randomly shut off again, it must be where the battery is low the voltage doesnt push enough amps through momentarily causing it to turn off. New battery in and it starts working as normal.
Check the contacts on the battery and the iq. Give them a good clean. My e-cig mod failures were commonly due to dirty terminals or poor electrical contact somewhere in the loop.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Check the contacts on the battery and the iq. Give them a good clean. My e-cig mod failures were commonly due to dirty terminals or poor electrical contact somewhere in the loop.
Excellent tip Cooper! It is good practice to clean those battery contacts and will help to prevent issues going forward. ;)

Davinci_vaporizer,
Reactions: cooper

Randy Lahey

my IQ shuts down even with a full charge if I even move it an inch or, what usually happens, when I push down the popped up lid. Just shuts it off lol

Randy Lahey,

dieselryder420

Hi all,

I own the original IQ and I'm tempted to take advantage of a black Friday deal to 'upgrade' to the IQ2.

However, despite reading numerous reviews online and in this thread I cannot seem to find a definitive answer to my question of how easy it is to clean the IQ2 both in general and when compared to the original model.

In particular the infamous 'satans anus' of the original IQ is such a pain to clean that despite how much I enjoy using the device it often drops out of rotation for a few months once it becomes dirty until I can be bothered setting aside the hours it takes to clean it thoroughly.

I would like to know if there are any cleaning issues with the IQ2 from current users of the device and particularly from those who owned the original.

Cheers

dieselryder420,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Hi all,

I own the original IQ and I'm tempted to take advantage of a black Friday deal to 'upgrade' to the IQ2.

However, despite reading numerous reviews online and in this thread I cannot seem to find a definitive answer to my question of how easy it is to clean the IQ2 both in general and when compared to the original model.

In particular the infamous 'satans anus' of the original IQ is such a pain to clean that despite how much I enjoy using the device it often drops out of rotation for a few months once it becomes dirty until I can be bothered setting aside the hours it takes to clean it thoroughly.

I would like to know if there are any cleaning issues with the IQ2 from current users of the device and particularly from those who owned the original.

Cheers

I never owned or handled the original, BUT I will say I hate cleaning in general and I dont find the IQ 2 to be noticeably annoying to clean.

Of course its not nearly as convenient as a stem based vape for cleaning, there are a few more parts to clean here, but if somebody is to get frustrated with cleaning it would be me. I didn't have too much of an issue cleaning it once or twice a week depending on usage.

Trick is to do it just after a session when everything is nice and warm and cooperative. Apparently they made the "satans anus" part much easier to clean compared to the original, but again, can't confirm.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I have a difficulty in removing the flavor chamber. There must be a easier method that I'm not aware of. Either way it's not a deal breaker.

Its been a while since I used it, but mine popped out really easily. Just use the short end of the pick, the bent end, and kinda slide under the chamber lip and just work it back and forth with some pressure. Should pop out relatively easily? If I remember I'll mess with it later tonight and see.

I dont have the best memory by any means, but I think I would start basically with the pick on an angle, work the short end back and forth until its under the lip a bit more, rotate the pick so it was more vertical, and then pull up and out.

Also if you pull the lid of the chamber off first it gives you a little more of a spot to put your finger to kind of pinch the tube if you wanna pull it out that way.

dieselryder420

I never owned or handled the original, BUT I will say I hate cleaning in general and I dont find the IQ 2 to be noticeably annoying to clean.

Of course its not nearly as convenient as a stem based vape for cleaning, there are a few more parts to clean here, but if somebody is to get frustrated with cleaning it would be me. I didn't have too much of an issue cleaning it once or twice a week depending on usage.

Trick is to do it just after a session when everything is nice and warm and cooperative. Apparently they made the "satans anus" part much easier to clean compared to the original, but again, can't confirm.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Brian, it's much appreciated.

I think from what you and others have said and from what I can make out of the schematic image in the official video, I'm right in thinking that there is still a gap between the flavour chamber and the top of the oven in the IQ2.

Owners of the original device know what a pain in Satan's ass that area is to deal with so I'd still be interested to hear views from people who have owned both.

Overall most people seem to be suggesting it's not as difficult to clean with the IQ2 but haven't really explained in what way. If it's now as simple as swabbing with an ISO soaked cotton bud then i'm happy enough with that.

I reckon I'll prob end up picking the IQ2 up over the weekend anyway as an early Xmas present to myself.

Cheers

TegridySpecial

does the IQ2 pop open and randomly shut off like the IQ?
no, it latches much better snd doesn’t come open as easily.

@Kid Lightning We noticed the same issues with the IQ battery life, the issue is with the Bluetooth feature not shutting off. With the IQ2 unit, we solved the issue by turning the Bluetooth feature off, when the battery is at 3.5%. This is also a reason as to why the unit will shut down, to protect the battery.
How do you shut the Bluetooth off? Does this require an app? I’m on iOS

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I have a difficulty in removing the flavor chamber. There must be a easier method that I'm not aware of. Either way it's not a deal breaker.

sorry I forgot about those pics I said I would take. I even did a video but I can’t figure out how to upload it lol.

F4-D1-CAA2-679-B-4829-9-E77-971-B1-BC8-F8-AF.jpg
E55697-C8-CD54-4-C1-D-82-C1-3-A8028587-FC5.jpg

ED7257-BB-9031-44-AE-AFE4-77840-E18-B8-A5.jpg

So yeah I just take the short end and wiggle in there like in the pics, rotate up and pull. Comes right out for me. If you want the video just let me know I’ll try and figure out how to get it to you. Pics aren't that great quality but I'm not a photographer!

Breaking Bud

Your photos are fine !! Thanks.

Thinking of picking up another IQ2. The Herbalizer Store has them on sale for $204.99. I'm going to search for reviews on this merchant.
I'm thinking the same and I'm on their site now. Did you find out anything about them? You know, before I l research myself ;)

I researched a bit on Reddit. As of 11 months ago, they seemed okay. A few issues with stock but they made them right.

Breaking Bud,

Bortz

Your photos are fine !! Thanks.

Thinking of picking up another IQ2. The Herbalizer Store has them on sale for $204.99. I'm going to search for reviews on this merchant.

I contacted Davinci on their website via chat and they priced matched the Herbalizer Store price. Much more reasonable amount. My IQ2 dropped in the mail today. Just another option, Herbalizer is a legit retailer and authorized reseller best I can tell.

I decided to buy the IQ2 after getting a deal on a Miqro, my first Davinci product. Adding the conduction to my routine was a game changer for my morning, medicinally. Thick, creamy, mouth to lung hits are something convection does not. I was surprised and impressed by the vapor quality. Smooth.

I find I quite like the conduction taste as well after the first couple fresh hits fade. Cigar-esqe or something, but not gross. A different take on vape popcorn flavor I'm used to lately, reminds me of an MFLB a bit. I have been vaping for as long as they've been in business and always wrote them off as a company because of the straight conduction element. I went the MFLB route way back when instead of Davinci, and from there Thermovape, Arizer, SSV, and on and on down the rabbit hole but never back to straight conduction device like these. Thought them kind of old tech if I'm honest.

I love the Miqro for what it is, it will still stay in rotation, but I enjoyed it enough to want a full size device. More battery power.

Interested in trying the included ceramic pod/concentrate pad, but I'm not counting on their efficacy so I grabbed the zirconia spacers too.

Really looking forward to seeing what it will do. Haven't owned any of their products long enough to comment on longevity or durability or customer service outside of my limited interaction (no luck phone, no luck email, 30 second excellent service via live chat Rosie). I intend to use it largely mouth to lung, daily, but not as a primary. Thinking I'll probably end up running an ArGo, a Davinci, and a Tinymight/Tetra as a final setup (yeah right, VAS is reeeeeaaaaallll).

Thanks everyone for your postings, I read them all. Helped me decide if I wanted to drop this much coin on a conduction vaporizer :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Let you all know what I think when I get it. Legends, the lot 'o ya.

Last edited:

Breaking Bud

I contacted Davinci on their website via chat and they priced matched the Herbalizer Store price. Much more reasonable amount. My IQ2 dropped in the mail today. Just another option, Herbalizer is a legit retailer and authorized reseller best I can tell.

I decided to buy the IQ2 after getting a deal on a Miqro, my first Davinci product. Adding the conduction to my routine was a game changer for my morning, medicinally. Thick, creamy, mouth to lung hits are something convection does not. I was surprised and impressed by the vapor quality. Smooth.

I find I quite like the conduction taste as well after the first couple fresh hits fade. Cigar-esqe or something, but not gross. A different take on vape popcorn flavor I'm used to lately, reminds me of an MFLB a bit. I have been vaping for as long as they've been in business and always wrote them off as a company because of the straight conduction element. I went the MFLB route way back when instead of Davinci, and from there Thermovape, Arizer, SSV, and on and on down the rabbit hole but never back to straight conduction device like these. Thought them kind of old tech if I'm honest.

I love the Miqro for what it is, it will still stay in rotation, but I enjoyed it enough to want a full size device. More battery power.

Interested in trying the included ceramic pod/concentrate pad, but I'm not counting on their efficacy so I grabbed the zirconia spacers too.

Really looking forward to seeing what it will do. Haven't owned any of their products long enough to comment on longevity or durability or customer service outside of my limited interaction (no luck phone, no luck email, 30 second excellent service via live chat Rosie). I intend to use it largely mouth to lung, daily, but not as a primary. Thinking I'll probably end up running an ArGo, a Davinci, and a Tinymight/Tetra as a final setup (yeah right, VAS is reeeeeaaaaallll).

Thanks everyone for your postings, I read them all. Helped me decide if I wanted to drop this much coin on a conduction vaporizer :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Let you all know what I think when I get it. Legends, the lot 'o ya.
Good to know. I'm surprised Davinci price matched it. I went on their site and it states that they don't match promotions. So kudos to them and to you for checking it out. I'm going to order it directly from them now too. I also have the Miqro which I didn't really like at first but I've come to really appreciate it. Great little device but with everything I've read on this forum it seems like I'll like the IQ2 that much more. Psyched to find out!

kiddvudu2

Just so weird that this many months have past and nowhere on the net has anybody directly answered the question about Satan's anus. It's almost like asking about Hunter Biden! Lol.

I had put this vape into and out of a cart at least 10 times back when it first released. I have also continued to read all the posts here and on VC. I have googled it as well. My IQ works fine, but I would be excited to trade it in for the IQ2 if I could just get a clearer picture of how difficult it is to clean between the oven and the flavor chamber.

Is it easier to clean? Then I would definitely upgrade. Is it the same? Then maybe, but probably not. Is it, God forbid, more difficult? Then absolutely not.

:peace:

Last edited:
Top Bottom