DaVinci IQ2

Mr.Nouse

I'm new in this forum and this is my first reply :)

I used to have an Ascent because I loved the unrestricted draw and all glass, but I just upgraded to an IQ2- matter of fact, they gave me a trade in credit for my Ascent which was pretty cool. Saved me a buck. It looks like space technology and has great flavor and still an unrestricted draw due to the airdial they added.

Very happy with my IQ2 <3

K0n3kt

Hi

I'm loving my IQ2 or at least I was until I communicated with support. My pearl post broke. I had already read about not adjusting and to be honest I have no need for half bowls. I noticed it was catching a little more when closing so I gently tightened and it came of. I'm cool with bits breaking on vapes now n again it's kinda nature of the beast. My crafty, mighty, ascent, mv1 and all the rest have had some issue along the way. However, support are telling me this is an accessory and I need to buy a new one oh and there's none in stock.

How can it be an accessory when the unit doesn't work without it?

I need a piece of plastic that can't be worth 1c yet have to buy a full pearl. Is this standard? seems kinda whack to me. I bought the Iq2 8 weeks ago now it's on the relics heap already. It's not even about the few dollars I'd kinda rather just buy a new mighty n be done with it. Surely DaVinci know this is a weak point a few spares posts in the box would score them a lot of points instead the same old wipes n stickers. I'm in the UK which doesn't help I guess but this just doesn't seem right.

gLuGaLuG

a few q's if i may?

will it have a stupid satans arse that you can't clean?
will the battery terminal break off?
will the lid lift when hot?
will the magnet drop out?
will all the leds work?
will it ever connect to an app?
will the unit ever remember setting when you swap a battery?

just wondering?

@Randy Lahey, we are putting an upgrade program in place, so you could essentially trade it in?

you could essentially replace it again as its not fit for purpose if the lid isn't right....

Snarfblatt

I own the Ascent, IQ OG and the MIQRO and all were good products so I bought the IQ2 and I was happy until I tried a dry run. I went to the Google Play store and loaded the app on my phone. I was forced to create an in app account but even then the IQ2 was unable to connect. I cleared the cache and deleted the app data then uninstalled the app from my new Samsung Note. The coupon in the IQ2 box has a QR code touting the wonderful app so I scanned and followed the link but that brought me to the old buggy app of August 2019. Just like the OG IQ, pairing is miss more than hit even when I can see the IQ2 in my list of nearby devices. If I manage to pair it with app on my Android, smart paths are not saved. It often disconnects after 2 minutes and shuts down the vape. The Davinci website says in their specs list for this model that an In-App Dosage Calculation is a feature of the app for this device. This is untrue of the currently available app. I really want to love this vape but customising the smart paths and the app are important to me. Without even an asterisk or fine print in a flyspeck 3 font telling me the IQ2 app will not be available to Apple users and is not yet released on the Android platform, I find the ad copy to be painfully misleading. I'm only asking for what Davinci is promising on their website and product description. The company slow walked the app updates for the IQ and missed some very obvious bugs. I don't expect a usable updated app for quite some time if at all. The forced requirement of creating an account is bothersome and I have to wonder how law enforcement in unpleasant jurisdictions might use the vape data stored locally in the app. My laptop and even my desktop PC speaks Bluetooth so why can't we get a PC program (not a M$ store app) to talk to a $300 vape? A $35 Raspberry Pi board can do it. IMHO give the IQ2 a pass for now and stick with the OG IQ. The warranty is great. The warranty repair I submit every 9 months or so is fairly fast. Every time there's a gasket problem with the lifting lid, I received an RMA and warranty service. Patrick and Rosie are top notch. The IQ2 and it's vapourware coming soon in just a few more weeks app at a unwarranted premium price are not. They're just not quite there yet.

Snarfblatt,
Reactions: Jill NYC

chaotik

Hello,

I've been using my IQ with a water pipe and the vaporizer happens to be running upside down when using it.
I noticed the bottom part of my oven is really dirty. Like really dark brown and tried everything to clean it (down to an ISO soaked piece of magic eraser that I rubbed for a good 10 minutes and the stain doesn't even get lighter). Sometimes I even wonder if it's a build up of some sort and not just a discoloration.

Anyone has this issue ? Is there any counter-indication to operating the IQ upside down ?
Any other possible method for cleaning ?

Thanks

chaotik,

Snarfblatt

I can't speak to how this might affect your product warranty BUT I've found that I can use a quality cotton swab (something more than a piece of fluff on a stick) and Weiman Glass Cook Top Cleaner & Polish. After I get as much of the goo off as I can, I put a drop of the cleaner on the swab and gently scrub out the oven. The product label says safe for all glass and ceramic cook tops. The product itself is a very fine clay mixed with a bit of soap and water. I can't get the oven to look like new but it is much better. I wipe down the oven a few times with some RO or distilled water and once it's dry, I do a burn off. The crack team at Davinci should design and provide a tool for cleaning Santa's anus in the IQ. Other than dabbing q-tips in iso and swabbing (rinse, repeat for at least a few hours), that part of the deep clean routine is just a PITFA but it needs to be done. I'm a picky sack of snot and if I'm going to pay top dollar for high quality flower then I want to be able to make the most of it in my IQ or Ascent. One could just use Grandma's Summer of Love bong but I bought these vapes to enjoy the range of tastes and flavours high quality product offers. IMHO the Ascent is much easier to clean but the repair cost to swap the battery makes it a mistake I won't repeat.

Last edited:
Snarfblatt,

Snarfblatt

Where my IQ and Ascent turn the flower coffe brown after vaping, my Miqro doesn't. The left over is still greenish to light blond like Players Pipe Tobacco. (yes I'm old and in the UK) Any tips on prepping and packing to get the most out of my tiny toy? I use the same grind and relative pack as I do the IQ. I hit it more like a cigar instead of a long pull. Should I not judge an ash buy it's colour as it has little to do with what's left behind? Run it through a second time 30 minutes later instead of reloading? I set the temp to 210C I like the Miqro because I can get away with using it during chemo sessions. Only 1 nurse clued in that I was up to something. Good.

Snarfblatt,

Danzigga

Anyone else have problems with the IQ2 like;

* not turning off (5 X press ON button, but still stays on)
* the unit “freezing” and the LEDS staying lit, not moving at all when you inhale through the mouth piece (as it illuminates during inhaling when the unit is functioning properly)
* the unit not turing off unless you pop the top from the battery chamber and then you get a “H” from the LEDS?

These are some of the issues I’ve had with my IQ2, I don’t really wanna get into my issues with my original IQ because I’ve opted for the “upgrade plan”

Seems like I’ve “upgraded” from a lemon to another lemon.

Danzigga,
Reactions: plum416

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
I own the Ascent, IQ OG and the MIQRO and all were good products so I bought the IQ2 and I was happy until I tried a dry run. I went to the Google Play store and loaded the app on my phone. I was forced to create an in app account but even then the IQ2 was unable to connect. I cleared the cache and deleted the app data then uninstalled the app from my new Samsung Note. The coupon in the IQ2 box has a QR code touting the wonderful app so I scanned and followed the link but that brought me to the old buggy app of August 2019. Just like the OG IQ, pairing is miss more than hit even when I can see the IQ2 in my list of nearby devices. If I manage to pair it with app on my Android, smart paths are not saved. It often disconnects after 2 minutes and shuts down the vape. The Davinci website says in their specs list for this model that an In-App Dosage Calculation is a feature of the app for this device. This is untrue of the currently available app. I really want to love this vape but customising the smart paths and the app are important to me. Without even an asterisk or fine print in a flyspeck 3 font telling me the IQ2 app will not be available to Apple users and is not yet released on the Android platform, I find the ad copy to be painfully misleading. I'm only asking for what Davinci is promising on their website and product description. The company slow walked the app updates for the IQ and missed some very obvious bugs. I don't expect a usable updated app for quite some time if at all. The forced requirement of creating an account is bothersome and I have to wonder how law enforcement in unpleasant jurisdictions might use the vape data stored locally in the app. My laptop and even my desktop PC speaks Bluetooth so why can't we get a PC program (not a M$ store app) to talk to a $300 vape? A $35 Raspberry Pi board can do it. IMHO give the IQ2 a pass for now and stick with the OG IQ. The warranty is great. The warranty repair I submit every 9 months or so is fairly fast. Every time there's a gasket problem with the lifting lid, I received an RMA and warranty service. Patrick and Rosie are top notch. The IQ2 and it's vapourware coming soon in just a few more weeks app at a unwarranted premium price are not. They're just not quite there yet.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time with the app. We're working on relaunching the app. It's far along at this point and is almost ready to go live. We'll keep you guys posted.

Where my IQ and Ascent turn the flower coffe brown after vaping, my Miqro doesn't. The left over is still greenish to light blond like Players Pipe Tobacco. (yes I'm old and in the UK) Any tips on prepping and packing to get the most out of my tiny toy? I use the same grind and relative pack as I do the IQ. I hit it more like a cigar instead of a long pull. Should I not judge an ash buy it's colour as it has little to do with what's left behind? Run it through a second time 30 minutes later instead of reloading? I set the temp to 210C I like the Miqro because I can get away with using it during chemo sessions. Only 1 nurse clued in that I was up to something. Good.

Hey, try running it a bit hotter, and taking longer draws. But also, if you're only needing 1 or 2 draws, you can leave the MIQRO loaded and go for another session later on.

Anyone else have problems with the IQ2 like;

* not turning off (5 X press ON button, but still stays on)
* the unit “freezing” and the LEDS staying lit, not moving at all when you inhale through the mouth piece (as it illuminates during inhaling when the unit is functioning properly)
* the unit not turing off unless you pop the top from the battery chamber and then you get a “H” from the LEDS?

These are some of the issues I’ve had with my IQ2, I don’t really wanna get into my issues with my original IQ because I’ve opted for the “upgrade plan”

Seems like I’ve “upgraded” from a lemon to another lemon.

Hey, sorry to hear you're having an issue with your device. There are a couple of things you can try. A hard reset will correct the issue if there is some chip weirdness happening. I have seen one or two units where hitting the power button from a particular angle doesn't trigger it. The LED in the power button needs to light up, and it needs to be hit 5x in somewhat quick succession. Try pressing it in dead center and giving a bit more pressure. Not sure about the "H", that's an issue I haven't seen yet.

If nothing works, open a ticket with us and we'll get you taken care of.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have not experienced any issues with my IQ2 at all, and I finally got a 10-14mm adapter so now I can use it with the below custom j hook from Oregon Glass Blower, Pinnacle Water Tool, and Evolver HydraCirc:

IMG-20200707-223934.jpg

IMG-20200707-225115.jpg

IMG-20200707-224957.jpg

Yeah you can get some pretty smooth thick rips at the upper temps, though with it being session style I feel compelled to take more back-to-back hits, so then even with the extra cooling it can mean more coughing lol

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
^^ Getting a 10/14 adapter was the best thing I did so far for the IQ2. Pleasantly surprised with the change in performance from that. Even just using the OEM WPA as a mouth piece worked a lot better for me.

I was getting pretty uneven AVB out of it and not really feeling the effects the way I thought I should be prior to that. Especially running it through water, I find I'm able to take a much longer pulls, I try to max out the LED indicators when pulling. This really seems to help alot with extraction and an even toast.

But I do have the same issue with session style, I feel obligated to rip as much as possible in the 8 minute session, so time between hits is pretty short. So I'm taking bigger hits shorter time between, more coughing.

Snarfblatt

"We're working on relaunching the app. It's far along at this point and is almost ready to go live" How many months have you been parroting this line? 7, 8, 9 months? Put your money where your mouth is and commit to a plan and a deadline. You've been "almost there" and "soon" since the product was released. (edited for blood and gore from venting)

Last edited:
Snarfblatt,

Danzigga

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time with the app. We're working on relaunching the app. It's far along at this point and is almost ready to go live. We'll keep you guys posted.

Hey, try running it a bit hotter, and taking longer draws. But also, if you're only needing 1 or 2 draws, you can leave the MIQRO loaded and go for another session later on.

Hey, sorry to hear you're having an issue with your device. There are a couple of things you can try. A hard reset will correct the issue if there is some chip weirdness happening. I have seen one or two units where hitting the power button from a particular angle doesn't trigger it. The LED in the power button needs to light up, and it needs to be hit 5x in somewhat quick succession. Try pressing it in dead center and giving a bit more pressure. Not sure about the "H", that's an issue I haven't seen yet.

If nothing works, open a ticket with us and we'll get you taken care of.

Tried the hard reset, and I’m still having issues. The unit flashed H a few times again and continues to “lock up” with the bottom LEDS staying lit with the only way to power down being to “pop” the battery.
Needless to say I’m quite disappointed.
I own several IQ’s, a Miqro (no issues because I never use it) , and an IQ2...
I thought that the protective leather case might be causing the unit to over heat, so I took it off and it still flashes the H...
If you check your warranty claims over the past 2 years you’ll see that my vapes have spent as much time “under repair” in Mississauga as they have been in my possession in Newfoundland.
I HAVE to make another service ticket and be without my IQ2... it’s like the same old story... buy it new, send it back every month or so, get a new one after waiting a month or so (repeat 5 times)
“Take advantage” of the “up grade” to the IQ2 and begin sending that one back every month or so...
It’s gonna be a rough 10 year relationship with DaVinci...

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@Shit Snacks How tight do you pack the oven? I figure once my honeymoon phase is over with the TinyMight I'll end up with some sort of rotation or just have certain situations I would prefer one over the other.

Personally I found a relatively medium-tight pack was working best for me, to the point I had to put a small amount of pressure on the oven lid in order to get it to close and further compress the bud with the pearl. Since experimenting with the TM and seeing what a loose pack does (I know, convection vs conduction completely different) I was curious if maybe I was packing too tightly. I could answer this myself, butttt I am working and had a random thought pop into my head and figured Id check here first.

Also, hows your grind? Do you go for a finer grind because its conduction? Up until yesterday ive been using a cheapo amazon grinder, but finally got my BCG with all 3 plates so I can do some more experimentation with different grinds.

ETA I did read your posts in this thread from late march/april about your usage, just wondering if you've changed anything since then basically!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks How tight do you pack the oven? I figure once my honeymoon phase is over with the TinyMight I'll end up with some sort of rotation or just have certain situations I would prefer one over the other.

Personally I found a relatively medium-tight pack was working best for me, to the point I had to put a small amount of pressure on the oven lid in order to get it to close and further compress the bud with the pearl. Since experimenting with the TM and seeing what a loose pack does (I know, convection vs conduction completely different) I was curious if maybe I was packing too tightly. I could answer this myself, butttt I am working and had a random thought pop into my head and figured Id check here first.

Also, hows your grind? Do you go for a finer grind because its conduction? Up until yesterday ive been using a cheapo amazon grinder, but finally got my BCG with all 3 plates so I can do some more experimentation with different grinds.

ETA I did read your posts in this thread from late march/april about your usage, just wondering if you've changed anything since then basically!

Yeah I am also packing fairly tight, three quarters full at least typically, medium fine grind works best though more course seems to work well too... I think you'll get thicker tastier vapor with a finer grind, though it does require more cleaning over time. You are correct on classic conduction, the IQ2 just happens to work with more variety, like the airflow adjustment is great because you can pack really tight and open up the air flow for example... So yeah just try everything!

Shit Snacks,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yeah I am also packing fairly tight, three quarters full at least typically, medium fine grind works best though more course seems to work well too... I think you'll get thicker tastier vapor with a finer grind, though it does require more cleaning over time. You are correct on classic conduction, the IQ2 just happens to work with more variety, like the airflow adjustment is great because you can pack really tight and open up the air flow for example... So yeah just try everything!

When you say 3/4 full, you have a fairly tight pack but with space below the pearl? I've been doing a medium/tight pack until its at basically level with the top of the oven - where the white part ends. I agree with the airflow adjustment, especially if im rushing and not taking the time to make sure my pack is consistent with my normal packs, its great to be able to adjust the airflow a bit and get the hits im looking for.

BrianTL,

Shit Snacks

When you say 3/4 full, you have a fairly tight pack but with space below the pearl? I've been doing a medium/tight pack until its at basically level with the top of the oven - where the white part ends. I agree with the airflow adjustment, especially if im rushing and not taking the time to make sure my pack is consistent with my normal packs, its great to be able to adjust the airflow a bit and get the hits im looking for.

Honestly I'm not necessarily that careful or consistent, I guess I will fill it full and pack it down and it is not at the brim, like I never have trouble closing it but there is not a gap between the load and the pearl... I don't tamp it down that tightly, I use the tool from Delta 3D for tamping... Yeah if it's not ground that fine then don't tamp quite as much? but yeah to get the most out of the efficiency a super fine grind packed super tight milking low temps with small sips would make sense... That just takes a little more maintenance, I don't typically bother with, but it also depends on the herbs at the time.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: BrianTL

Snarfblatt

As I wait glued to my phone for the release of usable software ("almost ready to go live") for the IQ2, I've collected a fair amount of Jack Herer trichomes in my grinder's pollen trap. What's the best way to use the fine powder in the IQ2? pollen pile pic here

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
As I wait glued to my phone for the release of usable software ("almost ready to go live") for the IQ2, I've collected a fair amount of Jack Herer trichomes in my grinder's pollen trap. What's the best way to use the fine powder in the IQ2? pollen pile pic here

What I've done is put a small ish pinch of flower first to act as a base, tamp down, put in as much keif as you like and then top it off with another layer of flower, tamped down again. Then use as normal

shopdognyc

New on here, and thanks for being here.

Havine my IQ2 on order. I have the tendency to try a few things, and in my list are the Pax2, Mighty, Crafty, Dynavap and now this guy.

Disappointing in advance about the complaints, but also excited to just test the guy out as another portable to bring out during the week

Shit Snacks

New on here, and thanks for being here.

Havine my IQ2 on order. I have the tendency to try a few things, and in my list are the Pax2, Mighty, Crafty, Dynavap and now this guy.

Disappointing in advance about the complaints, but also excited to just test the guy out as another portable to bring out during the week

Enjoy! IQ2 might just be my favorite session vape, certainly top tier for session conduction! I'd recommend looking into a pure convection on demand vape to try as well for some nice contrast :tup:

shopdognyc

I do have the crafty mighty pair, and started vaping with the Pax2 not knowing to call it vaping.

I think I still like flavor of burned herb but vaping has grown on me.

Looking forward to the IQ2

shopdognyc,
Top Bottom