• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DaVinci IQ2

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
I have an iq and iq2, I wish that I could give the iq in for store credit.

This is what we're looking to do, what amount would be fair to you? And would it be a fixed amount or different depending on the device, the age of the device, whether or not the device is in working order, should it need to be shipped to us before a discount or credit given? Those are the kinds of things we are discussing.

Thank you for the communication @Davinci_vaporizer :)

You're welcome!

You replaced my original IQ with an original IQ that is really defective. Its really bad. Id be somewhat interested in an IQ 2 if it worked but after this nightmare with the original IQ, Im not down for paying a lot of money for it. Id just be apt to try something else.

Hello Randy, we're sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with your IQ replacement. Has that been sorted out? Perhaps we can remedy the situation. Let me know.

-Rob

www.davincitech.com

yogurtsauce

This is what we're looking to do, what amount would be fair to you? And would it be a fixed amount or different depending on the device, the age of the device, whether or not the device is in working order, should it need to be shipped to us before a discount or credit given? Those are the kinds of things we are discussing.

You're welcome!

Hello Randy, we're sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with your IQ replacement. Has that been sorted out? Perhaps we can remedy the situation. Let me know.

-Rob

www.davincitech.com

It should definitely not be a fixed scale, but not a super tough scale. Working and in good condition, working and in okay condition, working and in bad condition, and not working. The not working should at the least be worth $120. And maybe +$15 for each tier up.

Age doesn’t matter in my opinion, and neither does having/not having accessories. Only things like hinges, scratches, cracks, breaks, and etc.

The item definitely does need to be shipped before you give credit.
A thought I had would be that you give them the $100, and credit them further based on how well the condition of the device is. So an instant $100, then +$45 for a perfect IQ.

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@Davinci_vaporizer Seems to me customers want to be credited what the average used street value of an original IQ runs for. I would assume most wouldn’t use the program if they felt they could get more for their IQ elsewhere. I feel the used street value for a used, no issues, clean IQ is $120-150 which easy math say is 40-50% off.

Would I trade my IQ in? I’m not sure? My current IQ works flawlessly but convection vaping is dominating my line up right now though I’m happy to have the IQ in my arsenal. So stealthy!

The Stray Fox,
Reactions: Adobewan

karec

I recently got a replacement for my damaged IQ, the problem was the thread that holds the pearl got broken when i was deep cleaning so i could take some photos and sell, thankfully that happen to me so the person who would have got it didnt had the go thru the hassle of an RMA, Davinci kindly replaced my unit although took more than a month to get it but cheers to DaVinci :clap::rockon:.

Cheers
:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
karec,
Reactions: Adobewan

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
It should definitely not be a fixed scale, but not a super tough scale. Working and in good condition, working and in okay condition, working and in bad condition, and not working. The not working should at the least be worth $120. And maybe +$15 for each tier up.

Age doesn’t matter in my opinion, and neither does having/not having accessories. Only things like hinges, scratches, cracks, breaks, and etc.

The item definitely does need to be shipped before you give credit.
A thought I had would be that you give them the $100, and credit them further based on how well the condition of the device is. So an instant $100, then +$45 for a perfect IQ.

Hello yogurtsauce,

This is excellent feedback. Thank you.

@Davinci_vaporizer Seems to me customers want to be credited what the average used street value of an original IQ runs for. I would assume most wouldn’t use the program if they felt they could get more for their IQ elsewhere. I feel the used street value for a used, no issues, clean IQ is $120-150 which easy math say is 40-50% off.

Would I trade my IQ in? I’m not sure? My current IQ works flawlessly but convection vaping is dominating my line up right now though I’m happy to have the IQ in my arsenal. So stealthy!

Hello Engleja,

Very stealthy . Thank you for this feedback. Market value for a used device is certainly something that should be taken into consideration.

Enjoy your Tuesday,

-Rob

www.davincitech.com

Randy Lahey

You're welcome!

-Rob

www.davincitech.com
No. You replaced my original IQ with an original IQ that is really defective. Its really bad. Id be somewhat interested in an IQ 2 if it worked but after this nightmare with the original IQ, Im not down for paying a lot of money for it. Id just be apt to try something else.

Randy Lahey,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I received an IQ2 today and am quite impressed with the amount of thought put into this device. I've been an on demand convection snob for a while now, but this does seem to be a luxurious way to experience session conduction...

Only did one full bowl of Bruce Banner riding smart path 1, then 2, then 3 a but to finish. With that much loaded you can get nice clouds even in path 1 and the taste is great (I cleaned all the parts with iso and even the silicone seems to be breaking in nicely already, nice high-quality materials throughout). I did a second bowl with only a quarter or third full, packed down into a tight puck, and kept the IQ2 upside down (discovered after this was not so necessary after the first few hits especially). This time I began at 340F manually temp stepping 10-14 degrees all the way up to 430 effectively, even without a spacer thanks to shape of the oven.

The air dial is a very nice touch, I experimented with different levels during each bowl, settling in the middle, but fun to restrict or open it up for the different experiences. Having it more restrictive can help boost clouds, while having it more open can help smooth out the vapor. I'll probably mostly keep it in the middle, but we'll have to see! It is a precision cut dial that turns very smooth and clicks into place nicely secure.

I used the wpa mouthpiece, but I like that even the small one has a little bend in the vapor path. Both of them feel very high quality with the shiny black zirconia, strong and pure. The flavor chamber seems to be easy made of the same material, a nice idea for a pathway. The glass-lined ceramic oven is white, which helps to keep it clean, but it would be nice if it was also fully removable though I'm not sure that would be possible... I really like not having to use any steel mesh screens, the holes in the ceramic seem to work well for this medium grind in my BCG fine plate at least.

The body feels super premium, love the look of this Cobalt, but I bet all the colors are stunning. As I said build quality is really high, magnetic doors are strong and secure, battery access works well (the stock cell seems good though I need more time with it). Nice touch to have the little metal tool store in the device, always really dug that feature from the Ascent too. It feels really nice in the hand, not too small not too big not too heavy or too warm in use. The LEDs are super cool and unique too!

Anyway that's it for now, I of course have much more testing to do, before I can post a proper review, but will continue to pop in here as I go. This is not really the time to be going out unfortunately, which is where I think the IQ2 could really shine with a full bowl, especially if sharing but also alone honestly, so I will not be able to test that aspect for the foreseeable future... Nice to sit at home on the couch and just chill puffing on it at least, good opportunity to test more generally!

sd401k

Sounds like the day I got my IQ. It really is an impressive device. Not the easiest to keep clean but well worth the effort for the great taste and effects. Heres to enjoying your IQ2. Have fun!

Randy Lahey

You're welcome!

-Rob

www.davincitech.com
still nothing....Ive stopped using my IQ. Completely unusable.

Randy Lahey,

Shit Snacks

I received an IQ2 today and am quite impressed with the amount of thought put into this device. I've been an on demand convection snob for a while now, but this does seem to be a luxurious way to experience session conduction...

Only did one full bowl of Bruce Banner riding smart path 1, then 2, then 3 a but to finish. With that much loaded you can get nice clouds even in path 1 and the taste is great (I cleaned all the parts with iso and even the silicone seems to be breaking in nicely already, nice high-quality materials throughout). I did a second bowl with only a quarter or third full, packed down into a tight puck, and kept the IQ2 upside down (discovered after this was not so necessary after the first few hits especially). This time I began at 340F manually temp stepping 10-14 degrees all the way up to 430 effectively, even without a spacer thanks to shape of the oven.

The air dial is a very nice touch, I experimented with different levels during each bowl, settling in the middle, but fun to restrict or open it up for the different experiences. Having it more restrictive can help boost clouds, while having it more open can help smooth out the vapor. I'll probably mostly keep it in the middle, but we'll have to see! It is a precision cut dial that turns very smooth and clicks into place nicely secure.

I used the wpa mouthpiece, but I like that even the small one has a little bend in the vapor path. Both of them feel very high quality with the shiny black zirconia, strong and pure. The flavor chamber seems to be easy made of the same material, a nice idea for a pathway. The glass-lined ceramic oven is white, which helps to keep it clean, but it would be nice if it was also fully removable though I'm not sure that would be possible... I really like not having to use any steel mesh screens, the holes in the ceramic seem to work well for this medium grind in my BCG fine plate at least.

The body feels super premium, love the look of this Cobalt, but I bet all the colors are stunning. As I said build quality is really high, magnetic doors are strong and secure, battery access works well (the stock cell seems good though I need more time with it). Nice touch to have the little metal tool store in the device, always really dug that feature from the Ascent too. It feels really nice in the hand, not too small not too big not too heavy or too warm in use. The LEDs are super cool and unique too!

Anyway that's it for now, I of course have much more testing to do, before I can post a proper review, but will continue to pop in here as I go. This is not really the time to be going out unfortunately, which is where I think the IQ2 could really shine with a full bowl, especially if sharing but also alone honestly, so I will not be able to test that aspect for the foreseeable future... Nice to sit at home on the couch and just chill puffing on it at least, good opportunity to test more generally!

Even though I still have not been able to take it out and about or use with others, I have been enjoying my IQ2 further. With nice flavorful herbs the taste shines through as I milk the low temperature settings. I also tried a bowl set to 300 using the boost feature when I wanted a hit, if not quite on demand per se it did work quite well, and I was also able to return to the bowl using the upper smart paths for many more thick hits. Despite using the precision settings a lot lately, I think I will settle into using the smart paths when I develop more regular usage... Of course I will look into setting up my own custom smart paths as well, once things get back to normal I will be able to really put my IQ2 through its paces! Can't wait to show off the gorgeous cobalt blue body for one thing ;)

Hi everyone, years ago I bought an ascent davinci which I never managed to use because I have an irritable throat and the steam makes me cough a lot. Can anyone tell me if the iq2 is better in this respect? I reduced the choice between crafty plus and iq2 which do you think has a fresher and less irritating vapor?

Cimino-Elporro,

R.J. MacReady

You replaced my original IQ with an original IQ that is really defective. Its really bad. Id be somewhat interested in an IQ 2 if it worked but after this nightmare with the original IQ, Im not down for paying a lot of money for it. Id just be apt to try something else.
I almost feel like the same thing happened to me I got my IQ2 replaced and my replacement unit broke on me about a week later (got a full refund). I'm still currently using my original IQ and waiting for my mighty to arrive.

I still love the portability of the IQ and been loving it more lately because I recently purchased a 13 inch bubbler for it. Needless to say it's been hitting like a champ out that bubbler. Hope I enjoy my mighty as much as I do my IQ.

Hi everyone, years ago I bought an ascent davinci which I never managed to use because I have an irritable throat and the steam makes me cough a lot. Can anyone tell me if the iq2 is better in this respect? I reduced the choice between crafty plus and iq2 which do you think has a fresher and less irritating vapor?
Are you new to vaping? I feel you have to get your lungs and throat use to it first if that is the case. I know there was a small adjusting period for me but you might want to try filtering the vapor through water.

The IQ2 comes with a 10mm water pipe adapter. I can't speak on the crafty since my mighty hasn't arrived yet and its the first storz & bickel product I'll own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the vaporizer will be used outside the home so i won't be able to use the water. I have tried using the ascent for weeks but unfortunately my throat has always been irritated resulting in a cough. I'd like to know who has tried an ascent, an iq2 and a crafty plus which one has the least irritating and coolest vapor. The iq2 is certainly the nicest, most stealthy and smallest vaporizer, but i am afraid that the vapor is similar to ascent and does not solve my problem.

Cimino-Elporro,

Adobewan

My thoughts and experience line up with @Shit Snacks
I favor the IQ2 over my other electric portables, Grasshopper, Crafty, Pax, Starry, etc. The build is premium, the taste is clean, it's easy to load and empty on the go, it's pocketable/stealthy, and it's one of the coolest looking units on the market. I'm sorry to read the reports of defective units, unfortunately there will always be some defective units that get through. While my IQ had battery and oven door issues, the IQ2 was clearly made with more care and precision. I'd also suggest not giving up on DaVinci's CS. I've witnessed their selflessness toward the community, they're not in it just for the buck.
This and my DynaVap go everywhere with me.
Hope everyone's staying healthy and has access to toilet paper.

Randy Lahey

Yeah well Davinci seemingly came through once for me but honestly replaced a bad unit with an even worse one. Your description of their models is right - they are really user friendly and fun - when they work. This replacement one I have is so bad. Its frustrating just to use it. Shuts off at least half dozen time during the session - whether you move it or not. Heck if you move it an inch it just shuts off. Over door pops open so you have to hold down with your thumb. Drives me crazy

Randy Lahey,

OziDV8

Hi all it is a long time since my last post so hope you all are doing iso chilled and mellow like myself. I
just have one question about the IQ2 has anybody else had a cracking problem? My IQ2 is 2 months old and after my last clean I noticed a crack which is from top to bottom in the bowl ( see photo ). I know Da Vinci has a good warranty but as I live in Australia it is going to cost me another $100aud in postage, I just wish they had somewhere over here to send to, it seems us Aussies always get the short end of the stick when it comes to postage from Da Vinci never receiving free postage the same as others. It's like were the ugly cousin LOL.

Now the good, as a long time user of all of the Da Vinci products since 2013 the IQ2 is a big improvement over the IQ in my opinion. Here's why. First the little wheel on the bottom for when you pack a bowl and it's a little bit too tight to pull, making it an easier draw by turning the wheel saves having to pick a bit out of
the bowl. Me personally I don't use the app just the smart paths mainly number 2 and 3. The fix of the flavor
chamber problem seems to be a big improvement so far, just wish they used the same size as the IQ chamber as I have spares LOL. The extra holes are good for better draw and I've got to say the bubbler I got for free with mine is a pretty cool addition.
Which brings me to another sad bit, I bought my IQ2 during the Valentines sale were you got the chance to
purchase the micro at a reduced price the only problem was that I got the voucher 2 days after the IQ2 shipped so i would have had to pay another $100aud in postage to get the Micro. So I just bought a Micro from an Aussie shop. So to me the voucher was worthless. I Will review the Micro Later when I use it more, when we are allowed out again. So other than the crack, which I do believe is just bad luck. I think the upgrade from the original IQ is worth it. For me just the little wheel on the bottom and the fact it does not buzz and vibrate as much LOL.

Just a bit about Da vinci's batteries I got my IQ in November 2017 at the same time bought three Samsung
batteries, Da Vinci's battery is the only one still going.
P.S how do I post photo's​

Last edited:

khronos

Argh! I own an IQ , and just purchased an IQ2 yesterday!!!

Will the upgrade program be retroactive??

:doh::doh::doh:

Hello All,

We are spending some time this week to meet and discuss how best to rollout our upgrade program.

We would love everyone who wants to upgrade to an IQ2 to be able to do so; so the ask is - what does your ideal upgrade plan look like? I would love to bring your feedback to the meeting so that your voices are considered as we create this program.

Thank you for any and all feedback, and enjoy your weekend.

-Rob

www.davincitech.com
h

khronos,
Reactions: OziDV8

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@OziDV8 - There is a "seam" in the bowl that might look like a crack- send me a picture so I can take a look at it for you. We definitely didn't forget about our Aussie friends either. We just finalized an agreement for an Australian warranty center, so if it is the case that it needs to be replaced, I'll make sure it gets taken care of for you locally. Just PM me the details.

@khronos- will a store credit work for you? I'd be happy to issue the difference.

Cheers!

khronos

@OziDV8 - There is a "seam" in the bowl that might look like a crack- send me a picture so I can take a look at it for you. We definitely didn't forget about our Aussie friends either. We just finalized an agreement for an Australian warranty center, so if it is the case that it needs to be replaced, I'll make sure it gets taken care of for you locally. Just PM me the details.

@khronos- will a store credit work for you? I'd be happy to issue the difference.

Cheers!

Sure! That would be awesome!!! Thanks!

Adobewan

Cheers!
Double like.

Adobewan,
Reactions: Jill NYC

OziDV8

Cheers!
can I have your email so I can send a photo

Can we get an in depth video or guide on cleaning the part between the flavor chamber and the oven? AKA "Satans anus".

Ive been looking to upgrade from my IQ1 for a while but no ones convinced me yet that that part is "easier" to clean, and its the only thing holding me back. Davinci says they've completely redesigned that part but how? @Davinci_vaporizer @nigel

banqueesha,

BuzzDanklin

I finished my my review of the IQ2. It took me a minute to get this one out but I thoroughly enjoy using this vape. It is now my favorite conduction unit. The added air dial can both decrease or increases airflow quite a bit compared to the OG IQ. The other changes make it easier to clean, easier to use, and overall the vapor quality is improved. My only real complaints are the charging time via usb is slow, and it's not cheap.

@banqueesha

The OG IQ flavor chamber is considerably wider, and where it connects to 'satan's butthole' which to me just looks like some sort of black silicone o-ring in the dead center. Then the actual holes in the oven are both angled off to the side, and quite a bit below the o-ring cause a void between the o-ring and the oven.

The IQ2 chamber is thinner and more flush where it connects, I do not know if this makes any of the difference but it's something I noticed. The two things that I think make the main difference are first the new hole is off-centered, and it looks like the bottom has been angled to route the airflow properly, So it sits correctly above the holes in the actual oven. Second, I cant tell if there is actually no void at all, or if its just greatly minimized.

When I am looking at my OG IQ and moving it around I can clearly see extra space between the oven and the o-ring. When I do the same with the IQ2 its tough to tell if there is a void at all, at minimum its greatly minimized. And so far my cleanings have been easier. I will continue to put a lot of herb through it though and report back if I start to notice any problems.

Davinci-IQ-2-Skiing.jpg

IQ2 on the Chairlift

Davinci-Vaporizers-FULL-Vaporizer-Product-Lineup.jpg

OG Davinci – 2012, Ascent – 2013, OG IQ – 2016, Miqro – 2018, IQ 2 – 2020

Shit Snacks

I finished my my review of the IQ2. It took me a minute to get this one out but I thoroughly enjoy using this vape. It is now my favorite conduction unit. The added air dial can both decrease or increases airflow quite a bit compared to the OG IQ. The other changes make it easier to clean, easier to use, and overall the vapor quality is improved. My only real complaints are the charging time via usb is slow, and it's not cheap.

@banqueesha

The OG IQ flavor chamber is considerably wider, and where it connects to 'satan's butthole' which to me just looks like some sort of black silicone o-ring in the dead center. Then the actual holes in the oven are both angled off to the side, and quite a bit below the o-ring cause a void between the o-ring and the oven.

The IQ2 chamber is thinner and more flush where it connects, I do not know if this makes any of the difference but it's something I noticed. The two things that I think make the main difference are first the new hole is off-centered, and it looks like the bottom has been angled to route the airflow properly, So it sits correctly above the holes in the actual oven. Second, I cant tell if there is actually no void at all, or if its just greatly minimized.

When I am looking at my OG IQ and moving it around I can clearly see extra space between the oven and the o-ring. When I do the same with the IQ2 its tough to tell if there is a void at all, at minimum its greatly minimized. And so far my cleanings have been easier. I will continue to put a lot of herb through it though and report back if I start to notice any problems.

Davinci-IQ-2-Skiing.jpg

IQ2 on the Chairlift

Davinci-Vaporizers-FULL-Vaporizer-Product-Lineup.jpg

OG Davinci – 2012, Ascent – 2013, OG IQ – 2016, Miqro – 2018, IQ 2 – 2020

Nice! Good to see you pop in here, I hope you create an account over on newFC!

I'm still enjoying my IQ2 as well, even though I still have not been able to take it out and about or share it with anyone yet...

FYI @Davinci_vaporizer you should make a new account and thread for these vapes here:
https://newfuckcombustion.com/index.php?categories/vaporizers.28/

As explained here:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/important-announcement.49260/

Top Bottom