DaVinci IQ2

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Clean. Cool. Control.

iq2-lifestyle-10.jpg

For connoisseurs who simply want the very best portable, dual-use vaporizer, DaVinci’s newest provides cooler vapor and the ultimate flavor and control.

The IQ2 empowers you to not only customize your cannabis experience through precision temperature and adjustable air flow, but also empowers you to track and report your dose per draw and per session.

We're excited to announce this newest creation here first and will be posting more information shortly.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Clean. Cool. Control.

iq2-lifestyle-10.jpg

For connoisseurs who simply want the very best portable, dual-use vaporizer, DaVinci’s newest provides cooler vapor and the ultimate flavor and control.

The IQ2 empowers you to not only customize your cannabis experience through precision temperature and adjustable air flow, but also empowers you to track and report your dose per draw and per session.

We're excited to announce this newest creation here first and will be posting more information shortly.
Since getting, and enjoying my mIQro I've been curious about the IQ, so it's fascinating to see a new model!

Have you stuck with conduction, or introduced some convection?
Will the new IQ still have a removable battery?
What about the flavour chamber?

I look forward to reading more about this :popcorn:

Sensory Leaf

From the website:

Input your strain potency and the amount of herb or extracts in your oven and your IQ2 will track and report dose per draw and per session. Add a maximum dose per session in the app and your IQ2 will alert you when you have reached your desired dose.

Pretty cool idea... I must admit I was sceptical, but just see the promo vid, looks real interesting

Jqcj5

From the website:

Input your strain potency and the amount of herb or extracts in your oven and your IQ2 will track and report dose per draw and per session. Add a maximum dose per session in the app and your IQ2 will alert you when you have reached your desired dose.
unless your product is from a dispensary, how do you determine the potency?

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
unless your product is from a dispensary, how do you determine the potency?
I think you're touching on something there, it's hinting at labelling the vape as a medical-standard device. The performance of the feature itself may well be secondary to the marketing impact.

I'm into measuring my doses and would play around with it but probably wouldn't expect much because I think that other variables would come into play e.g. dry herb humidity. Could be more useful with concentrates?

Jqcj5

Even with the product being purchased from a dispensary and showing the "exact" THC level, I'm not so sure that it's accurate.
How do they determine the THC level of the entire grow? I'm thinking the grower takes the best, biggest and frostiest top cola to be tested. What about the rest of the grow?

entirely_foreign

From the website:

Appreciate the input. A lot more goes into this calculation than just amount of herb and potency. I'm curious to hear from Davinci if they're doing just a draw timer (simplest approach) or if there's something more interesting going on under the hood.

Separately, releasing a device with an app right after the Apple store shenanigans is an ... interesting move.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Separately, releasing a device with an app right after the Apple store shenanigans is an ... interesting move.
I am sure the app/new vape was in development for a very long time and they couldn’t predict Apple was going to pull ALL vape apps.
It’s not like they can just go back to the drawing board and start from scratch when they already had these in production.
Hopefully, Apple will start allowing at least some vape apps back on their store - and IQ2 is a good candidate since it really is working the medical angle.

Tranquility

I am sure the app/new vape was in development for a very long time and they couldn’t predict Apple was going to pull ALL vape apps.
It’s not like they can just go back to the drawing board and start from scratch when they already had these in production.
Hopefully, Apple will start allowing at least some vape apps back on their store - and IQ2 is a good candidate since it really is working the medical angle.
I don't know if Apple will cave, there's a lot of work to be done in a lot of freedoms and apps for both Apple and Google; cannabis is only one.

As to working on the "medical angle", how can that be? The IQ was my favorite until I dialed in my Solo II, but, medical device it ain't. Unless they changed something significant to be able to CLEAN it appropriately, there is no way a person who is immunocompromised should take a risk on it. Even if they changed the design a bit in regards to the gunk trap between the oven and flavor chamber...

Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't seen the changes yet. Also, medical can be a lot more than severely sick individuals so might not need the same level of cleanliness to be successful.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I don't know if Apple will cave, there's a lot of work to be done in a lot of freedoms and apps for both Apple and Google; cannabis is only one.

As to working on the "medical angle", how can that be? The IQ was my favorite until I dialed in my Solo II, but, medical device it ain't. Unless they changed something significant to be able to CLEAN it appropriately, there is no way a person who is immunocompromised should take a risk on it. Even if they changed the design a bit in regards to the gunk trap between the oven and flavor chamber...

Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't seen the changes yet. Also, medical can be a lot more than severely sick individuals so might not need the same level of cleanliness to be successful.
The fact they are claiming to be able to “track and record each dose” could be used with medical professionals. I am not saying it is accurate or not, but sounds like they are trying to promote a trusted medical device that will keep things precise.
Not sure this will help with Apple or not, but there is more than just Apple out there (most of the world uses Android).
My point being, just because Apple has banned vape apps, is not reason enough not to release a new Vape.

Surf Monkey

To me this whole “dose tracking” thing is just a marketing ploy. What I’m REALLY interested in is the vapor path and the heating chamber.

The original IQ has that “flavor chamber” setup that’s really just a resin collector. In my opinion it was also marketing fluff and it appears it has been removed from the product. Given that it took up a LOT of room, that suggests that Da Vinci reengineered the internals pretty significantly.

So, oven the same size and material? The vapor path still ceramic? How exactly is the variable airflow accomplished?

Dose tracking? Won’t use it.

Tranquility

Just curious, given what the solo 2 actually does, how exactly does one 'dial it in'?
For me a temperature of 385 and a loose pack of medium grind with long-slow pulls and a quick stir 2/3 of the way through. Also, you have to wait a little between pulls.

The IQ seemed easier to get full extraction for me. Now, the Solo is--and, I get it clean between sessions.

Baron23

This dose-a-metic function really ain’t much.

It’s just a THC calculator built into a phone app.

Tell it total qty and percent (and I assume this is THC-A), reduce by about 17% (I think) for knocking acid off during decarb and you get THC number.

There is no way for it to tell how much of that you absorbed.

Like I said, nothing significant that I can see.

Surf Monkey

Interesting. This answers some of my questions. Looks like a redesigned “flavor chamber” exists, perhaps as more of a cooling chamber?

It looks pretty good to me so far. I like the cosmetics and I like the new airflow adjustment (though it remains to see how effective it is.)

My first gen IQ bought the day they came out is still running strong, but I may demote it to backup if the upgrade here is substantial.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I’m very interested in the dosage stuff. When I share, people tend to get really fucked up. I would make use of a way to let someone know when they’ve hit their desired limit. It will take some trial and error, and some steps I don’t normally take, but I’m a sucker for those, too.

I think the airflow control could be the shit. I remember @KeroZen recommending that for the Zion during its beta testing phase, years ago. We did it manually, a it can have a significant impact.

DaVinci doesn’t fuck around...they innovate. I wanna see this thing.

Estbarul

I just wish they could make the current app work :/ more than a year and the app won't work for me with the IQ. I can't recommend davinci quality wise

MakeVio

Instead of adding tons of features (gimmicks) that 90% of users won't care about or use I wish they would work on developing a different heater technology. Something like the Crafty/Mighty with a mix of conduction and convection would be nice.

You make a fair point, it's like everything is just a reskin of the same tech the last 3+ years lol.

Maybe look more into developing/researching something proven to work like what vapecritic did with the g43(correct me if I got the name wrong).

Last edited:
Top Bottom