DaVinci IQ2

Squashdog

Thank you Cantalk. I’ve def read your posts and thank you very much for the detail. I found a pretty good price at 420tools. Looking forward to receiving and trying soon. Btw, are you a fellow Canadian?

CANtalk

Thank you Cantalk. I’ve def read your posts and thank you very much for the detail. I found a pretty good price at 420tools. Looking forward to receiving and trying soon. Btw, are you a fellow Canadian?
Happy to share and help fellow vapers, paying it forward and knowledge is power :cheers:! Nice to read about someone who's been doing some reading and research.

I assume you mean, tools420... wow good price there, and nice snipe 👍. My friend was trying to use them, but his CC was still set up with an old address (shipping and CC address had to match).

And yup, Canada here :tup:.

:peace: :leaf:

CANtalk,

cpl5938

I got my replacement IQ2 pretty quickly. I was told they only send the onyx (black) as a replacement even though I had graphite. But to be honest, onyx is growing on me because it’s kind of stealthy as everything blends in together. They sent me an entirely new packaged IQ2 and I only had to send in my unit so I ended up with extras of everything so I really can’t complain. My unit was a week old when I needed to send it in.

One thing I’ve noticed on both units is that if the battery is below 50% when I heat it up to Smart Path 4 from being off it will vibrate like it’s gotten up to temp, do one flash of all the lights and then turn off. I then have to turn it back on and it takes about 15 seconds to get up to temp. This happens with Davinci and third-party batteries. Since it happens on both units I’ve had I figure it may just think it doesn’t have enough juice to get up to temp. Curious if @Davinci_vaporizer can comment or if anyone else experiences this.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I got my replacement IQ2 pretty quickly. I was told they only send the onyx (black) as a replacement even though I had graphite. But to be honest, onyx is growing on me because it’s kind of stealthy as everything blends in together. They sent me an entirely new packaged IQ2 and I only had to send in my unit so I ended up with extras of everything so I really can’t complain. My unit was a week old when I needed to send it in.

One thing I’ve noticed on both units is that if the battery is below 50% when I heat it up to Smart Path 4 from being off it will vibrate like it’s gotten up to temp, do one flash of all the lights and then turn off. I then have to turn it back on and it takes about 15 seconds to get up to temp. This happens with Davinci and third-party batteries. Since it happens on both units I’ve had I figure it may just think it doesn’t have enough juice to get up to temp. Curious if @Davinci_vaporizer can comment or if anyone else experiences this.

I’ll have to test this the next time I get to 50% charge.
What batteries have you seen this with?

I just tested the DaVinci IQ2 included “YDL” brand 18650, CHINESE brand, on my SkyRC MC3000 charger. I could NOT find any YDL data sheets online...

From a FULL 4.2v charge, discharged at .5A, to 2.5v:
mAh= 2917
WH= 10.5
DC IR= 28
AC IR= 10.8

The IQ2 seems to have a LOW VOLTAGE CUT OFF = 3.0v. So you won’t get all of those mAh’s, same as most electronically regulated devices, some even cut the voltage at 3.2v, like the Tinymight, this is determined by the device maker, with safety in mind.

cpl5938

I’ll have to test this the next time I get to 50% charge.
What batteries have you seen this with?

I just tested the DaVinci IQ2 included “YDL” brand 18650, CHINESE brand, on my SkyRC MC3000 charger. I could NOT find any YDL data sheets online...

From a FULL 4.2v charge, discharged at .5A, to 2.5v:
mAh= 2917
WH= 10.5
DC IR= 28
AC IR= 10.8

The IQ2 seems to have a LOW VOLTAGE CUT OFF = 3.0v. So you won’t get all of those mAh’s, same as most electronically regulated devices, some even cut the voltage at 3.2v, like the Tinymight, this is determined by the device maker, with safety in mind.

im using the purple ones that come with IQ2 and ones with these markings:

INR18650P
3.6V
2.6Ah
6ZNS HNFL021EKD 123617

I get the same behavior with all of them.

RustyOldNail

im using the purple ones that come with IQ2 and ones with these markings:

INR18650P
3.6V
2.6Ah
6ZNS HNFL021EKD 123617

I get the same behavior with all of them.

Yes, mine has a purple wrapper, a magnifying glass shows mine as a YDL brand, which is Chinese brand. Perhaps they sourced them from different companies. But you are saying this happens with any brand battery, so it must be the device. I just bought 8 VTC6’s from Liion. Won’t be using the Chinese YDL Battery unless I can find the corresponding data sheet.

CANtalk

Great to hear @cpl5938. I and my friend found the onyx color choice to be best. The colors are awesome (and who wouldn't want more than one), but the practicality and privacy of a discreet portable vape won out four us. And the onyx IQ2 is more like a gunmetal black to me; it's a much more interesting color than the typical gloss black expectations 🌠

My friend and I thought their new IQ2 was shutting down aberrantly at times early on. While we both initially thought it may be a software bug, so far that quickly turned out to be undercharged batteries (always go with a dedicated battery wall charger, don't trust the IQ2 battery level indicator estimate on the vape). I agree that the IQ2 is battery sensitive... and buying good quality batteries will help significantly.

I'm also interested in the software bug talk and possibilities... so I look forward to what y'all find.

Appreciate the continued IQ2 feedback everyone. Have a nice Sunday evening.

Last edited:

cpl5938

I’m guessing the IQ2 needs a certain amount of power to go from cold to Smart Path 4 and that’s the issue. This only happens if the battery (any brand) is less than 50%. Most of the time I can have it go to Smart Path 2 and then once it hits that temp then step up to a higher Smart Path. To be honest, I just let it get to temp, it turns itself off (all the lights on the front flash once and it vibrates), and then I turn it back on and it takes another 15 seconds to get to temp. Again, this only happens if the battery is less than 50% and it has happened with both IQ2’s I’ve had. I only use an external nitecore charger, not charge in the unit.

It would be nice to see some explanation of all the different reasons lights go off etc. For example, why do the lights for all the buttons on the side light up when you take a hit? And there’s no way to not have that happen? I can’t find any info in the manual or online.

RustyOldNail

I’m guessing the IQ2 needs a certain amount of power to go from cold to Smart Path 4 and that’s the issue. This only happens if the battery (any brand) is less than 50%. Most of the time I can have it go to Smart Path 2 and then once it hits that temp then step up to a higher Smart Path. To be honest, I just let it get to temp, it turns itself off (all the lights on the front flash once and it vibrates), and then I turn it back on and it takes another 15 seconds to get to temp. Again, this only happens if the battery is less than 50% and it has happened with both IQ2’s I’ve had. I only use an external nitecore charger, not charge in the unit.

It would be nice to see some explanation of all the different reasons lights go off etc. For example, why do the lights for all the buttons on the side light up when you take a hit? And there’s no way to not have that happen? I can’t find any info in the manual or online.

I too am curious about the button lights flashing when you take a hit, maybe just an indicator, though you still have the toke timer that goes up in time on the main LED’s.

Curious, if you get the same behavior at 50% Battery charge when using a HIGH manual temperature, instead of Smart Path 4 (410-430f). See if it happens if you set your temp to 420f manually, then try a cold startup.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: cpl5938

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
All of this IQ2 talk has me wanting to finally pull mine out again. I'm looking forward to it as my first vape and the fact I haven't touched it since I got my 2nd one, then 3rd, so on and so on. So, its been a while and I was a vaping noob but now I feel like I can use it a little more efficiently/how its supposed to be.

IIRC the lights on the side glow but I dont think there is a reason for it, or a way to turn that part off. As far as I'm aware, theres only two brightness settings on all of the LEDS - high or low. Although I never had the app so not sure if there was any more adjustability in there, but I never really noticed the side lights. I'll play with it when I get home today and see what happens. I thought the side lights remain solid while the main LED had the timer set-up going.

RustyOldNail

All of this IQ2 talk has me wanting to finally pull mine out again. I'm looking forward to it as my first vape and the fact I haven't touched it since I got my 2nd one, then 3rd, so on and so on. So, its been a while and I was a vaping noob but now I feel like I can use it a little more efficiently/how its supposed to be.

IIRC the lights on the side glow but I dont think there is a reason for it, or a way to turn that part off. As far as I'm aware, theres only two brightness settings on all of the LEDS - high or low. Although I never had the app so not sure if there was any more adjustability in there, but I never really noticed the side lights. I'll play with it when I get home today and see what happens. I thought the side lights remain solid while the main LED had the timer set-up going.

Everything you said is correct. The button lights are solid, probably just some added BLING, I keep the front LED’s at the low setting as they are very bright on the 2nd setting.

I will do the 50% low battery test as soon as I can, using brand new Murata/Sony VTC6.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Everything you said is correct. The button lights are solid, probably just some added BLING, I keep the front LED’s at the low setting as they are very bright on the 2nd setting.

I will do the 50% low battery test as soon as I can, using brand new Murata/Sony VTC6.

Yeah the only time I ever actually turned the lights on high was when I was at the beach and it was too sunny to see a single thing. The bright setting is too bright for indoor/overcast

I'm also going to just use a VT6C I think. Not sure whats up with this chinese purple battery. I pulled the IQ2 out the other night in anticipation of using it soon and decided to check the battery, which was dead, but I realized I never even opened the battery compartment prior to this and didn't know what it came with.

BrianTL,

RustyOldNail

Yeah the only time I ever actually turned the lights on high was when I was at the beach and it was too sunny to see a single thing. The bright setting is too bright for indoor/overcast

I'm also going to just use a VT6C I think. Not sure whats up with this chinese purple battery. I pulled the IQ2 out the other night in anticipation of using it soon and decided to check the battery, which was dead, but I realized I never even opened the battery compartment prior to this and didn't know what it came with.

That Chinese YDL 18650, might be fine, my tests earlier a few posts above. What I don’t like is Davinci does not seem to offer the data sheet for this battery on their site, and I have not been able to find it online, like all the other major battery brands, no reviews or tests on YDL either. Having a batteries data sheet gives the customer the data they can compare to, as well as the parameters they used for charge and discharge cycles. Most may not care, but for added safety, this information should be public and easily found.

RustyOldNail,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
That Chinese YDL 18650, might be fine, my tests earlier a few posts above. What I don’t like is Davinci does not seem to offer the data sheet for this battery on their site, and I have not been able to find it online, like all the other major battery brands, no reviews or tests on YDL either. Having a batteries data sheet gives the customer the data they can compare to, as well as the parameters they used for charge and discharge cycles. Most may not care, but for added safety, this information should be public and easily found.

Yeah I mean I'm sure realistically its fine, I know a *little* more about 18650s now than I used to, and if I have a few good "known" batteries sitting around, no reason I would use an "unknown" battery over that, for peace of mind? If that makes sense

CANtalk

Great to hear @cpl5938... The colors are awesome (and who wouldn't want more than one), but the practicality and privacy of a discreet portable vape won out four us...
Mangled that pretty well while vaping :freak:. I meant to say something more along the lines of practicality, privacy and discreteness winning out with my and my friend's portable vape decisions (including color).

CANtalk,

cpl5938

I too am curious about the button lights flashing when you take a hit, maybe just an indicator, though you still have the toke timer that goes up in time on the main LED’s.

Curious, if you get the same behavior at 50% Battery charge when using a HIGH manual temperature, instead of Smart Path 4 (410-430f). See if it happens if you set your temp to 420f manually, then try a cold startup.
I just gave that a try. Battery below 50% (2 lights on the battery level). It flashed all the lights and turned off at 386f. I turned it right back on and it was at 348f and went up to 420f with no issues.

RustyOldNail

I just gave that a try. Battery below 50% (2 lights on the battery level). It flashed all the lights and turned off at 386f. I turned it right back on and it was at 348f and went up to 420f with no issues.

Ok, I’m draining my battery as fast as I can, for science. I’ll wait till the VTC6 shows 2 lights, then go for a manual 420f test.

RustyOldNail,

maremaresing

Hey IQ peeps! I'm hoping one of you can help me answer a question about the oven spacers diameter before my order ships. I've ordered these to try and fit in another vape:

Does anyone have these and a caliper that could tell me their diameter, please?

maremaresing,

RustyOldNail

Hey IQ peeps! I'm hoping one of you can help me answer a question about the oven spacers diameter before my order ships. I've ordered these to try and fit in another vape:

Does anyone have these and a caliper that could tell me their diameter, please?

MITUTOYO says: 9.9mm

Squashdog

I received the IQ2 today. I haven’t used it just yet, but I’m a little concerned as I found a screw in the oven. Nothing seems to be loose. Any idea?

Squashdog,

cpl5938

Yeah, that's concerning. That would have to be pretty small screw to fit through the oven holes if it came from the inside, other than the post for the pearl, which is threaded.

cpl5938,
Top Bottom