The Dani by Battery-free Ganz

PossumMD

I don't find the vapour to be too hot, but I do find it scratchy. I'd grab that pipe, but big box stores have destroyed mum and pop stores in Australia, so I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for the O rings...

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
@BingsBuddery Thanks for the reminder of the Maze stem option and URL of a Canadian store I didn't know existed. Question: How does the Maze stem stack up to the native Dani stem as far as comfort to touch after multiple bowls? Thanks.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
@BingsBuddery Thanks for the reminder of the Maze stem option and URL of a Canadian store I didn't know existed. Question: How does the Maze stem stack up to the native Dani stem as far as comfort to touch after multiple bowls? Thanks.
After 3 bowls, immediately back-to-back, it'll get hot to the touch near the top. The nice thing about the maze pipe is that you can quickly unscrew the maze piece when its hot, then lay the outer shell on a table, and it cools more quickly separated than together. No real option to do that with Dani's stock stem. So, I'd say overall it's better with heat in regards to consecutive bowls, simply for the fact that you can quickly separate it to reduce thermal retention. It's also the easiest thing I've ever owned to clean; pull the dani tip off, unscrew it, chuck both pieces in iso for 10 minutes, and done. No orings to remove, no bullshit.. just easy.

@iDRINKBLEACH That stem is beautiful!.. did you make that?

Last edited:

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
After 3 bowls, immediately back-to-back, it'll get hot to the touch near the top. The nice thing about the maze pipe is that you can quickly unscrew the maze piece when its hot, then lay the outer shell on a table, and it cools more quickly separated than together. No real option to do that with Dani's stock stem. So, I'd say overall it's better with heat in regards to consecutive bowls, simply for the fact that you can quickly separate it to reduce thermal retention. It's also the easiest thing I've ever owned to clean; pull the dani tip off, unscrew it, chuck both pieces in iso for 10 minutes, and done. No orings to remove, no bullshit.. just easy.

@iDRINKBLEACH That stem is beautiful!.. did you make that?

Thank you ❤️ Yes I did. It’s briar burl, wood can exceed 700 degrees and is extremely dense but porous at the same time, allowing it to absorb oils and moisture at the same time. Gives a cool dry vapor profile. When I get to the new home in a few days I’m going to spin a strip of SS to curve the airpath and force more vapor to make contact with the briar burl. Mouthpiece is Snake wood just because it looks good IMO 🤣

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Thank you ❤️ Yes I did. It’s briar burl, wood can exceed 700 degrees and is extremely dense but porous at the same time, allowing it to absorb oils and moisture at the same time. Gives a cool dry vapor profile. When I get to the new home in a few days I’m going to spin a strip of SS to curve the airpath and force more vapor to make contact with the briar burl. Mouthpiece is Snake wood just because it looks good IMO 🤣
I kinda love it, man! The wood itself is gorgeous, but I also really dig your style of turning.. You have some really slick looking sweeps and bevels.. Doesn't have much of that "table leg" look that some turners always seem to achieve.

BingsBuddery,

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
A decent torch really does make a difference. I was using one of the usual honest/vertigo tri flames turned up to 4 inches, and very happy with the results. Tonight I broke out the blazer hot shot I generally save for the elev8r. And I'm completely lost for words. Quite the opposite of the low and slow half bowl Dynavap technique I've been working on so long, and more vapour than I could manage. This thing is off the charts for me. Need throttle back with a 50:50 cbd blend, I think. Oh, and beware sketchy single o-ringed 510 drip tips. They're not that expensive, but double-o-ring tips stay in place much much better.

focalforlife

Some new toys arrived today. Can't wait to try
IMG-6983.jpg

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Looks like I crumbled. VAS has won again.

I have just paid for a metal v3.

I was looking at the Anvil, but the price always put me off - could not justify it. The Dani is far more reasonable.

Looking forward to it.
With how closely they CAN perform, you made the right decision if the price of the Anvil puts you off. I always tell people, if price is even a remote concern, go with Dani, because all that extra money for an Anvil only buys a SLIGHTLY better vape.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Lot of new Dani owners here looking to perfect their technique. Although it’s a pretty foolproof device, there are variables to explore like torch size, flame length, directed where on the cap, time after click, plus grind and pack.

What successful methods are everyone using to produce that big RTL single rip, a laid back relaxed session or even a simple micro dose?

The Dani V2 and V3 are both very capable and versatile flame powered portable vapes!
v3v2.jpg

Perfect_Speed4069

Lot of new Dani owners here looking to perfect their technique. Although it’s a pretty foolproof device, there are variables to explore like torch size, flame length, directed where on the cap, time after click, plus grind and pack.

What successful methods are everyone using to produce that big RTL single rip, a laid back relaxed session or even a simple micro dose?

The Dani V2 and V3 are both very capable and versatile flame powered portable vapes!
v3v2.jpg
My current method involves a Blazer Hotshot set to a 1.5 inch blue flame. I then point it at the edge of the silver band - near the air holes in the cap - until the click, plus 4. From then on I puff away, initially covering the intake but then feathering to aerate the vapour a bit more - because there's lots and lots of clouds, and more besides, and then some. Grind is medium fine and the pack is whatever you call it when you jam the bowl onto the kief sieve and then smooth it off with your finger. Doing my best to resist the Amazed pipe mouthpiece but know this is kind of inevitable. This thing is destroying my self-image as a micro/nano doser btw.

Perfect_Speed4069

My current method involves a Blazer Hotshot set to a 1.5 inch blue flame. I then point it at the edge of the silver band - near the air holes in the cap - until the click, plus 4. From then on I puff away, initially covering the intake but then feathering to aerate the vapour a bit more - because there's lots and lots of clouds, and more besides, and then some. Grind is medium fine and the pack is whatever you call it when you jam the bowl onto the kief sieve and then smooth it off with your finger. Doing my best to resist the Amazed pipe mouthpiece but know this is kind of inevitable. This thing is destroying my self-image as a micro/nano doser btw.
So, yesterday with this set up I managed 6 back to back whitewalls off a single first click. You can't see it but I'm using an 18mm to 14mm adapter and the Dani body makes a nice seal with no additional adapter needed. Sorry for the delay: I was too messed up to post

Last edited:

Wesleypipes

v3v2.jpg
I use the Firefox(2 inch center flame) and I aim the flame right between the airports on the cap and I angle the flame upwards to allow the center flame to stretch over the silver ring. It clicks at about 25 seconds and then I go like 4-5 seconds past the click for nice milky clouds on v3

zatonic

Thanks to @Wesleypipes for the great customer service. I originally ordered the blue ti v3 but ended up polishing off the blue. Only a few days later I purchased a wooden stem off of him and I am very impressed. The mouthpiece is from my grasshopper and it is titanium and glass. Good match!

I come from having a few dynavaps and loving them as a daily. But also having a tinymight 1.5, crafty plus, grasshopper io ti, taffee bowle, and a few others along the way. There is just something about Dani.

If you like your dynavap or wish you did. And you're not sure if you should pull the trigger, This purchase will make you happy. The learning curve on Dani is much less than it's little brother. There's no "It barely produces any vapor" the first time you try it out.

At first I didn't love the draw resistance compared to a dynavap. Not a lot, but noticeable. Then I realized it's pretty important with this amount of continuous heat. If you're doing back to back hits, ripping it hard, you're gonna feel it in your throat like a joint. I think it also helps reduce your ability to blast cool air through the herb, lessening the amount of vapor.

You do not feel rushed with Dani. You can take your time and relax while you take a few nice flavorful hits. It seems to carry flavor better in each hit unlike some others. I think it's from the precise heating the bigger bowl. The clicker is always perfectly on time if you follow @batteryfreeganz heating instructions. So you can expect the same experience every time while you dial in your preferences. I usually go 3 seconds past the click but it's not necessary.

This is definitely the best value to quality ratio compared to any others I've owned. This also includes service coming from the maker and reseller. Thanks guys!

edit* Couple tips.. Twist the cap on counter clockwise until it clicks. Then turn it clockwise. This might be obvious for some but maybe not for new users. Also, after heating, standing it up like in the photo on any metal surface will cool the cap down fairly quick. You'll feel the metal around it absorb the heat.

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
My Dani v3 metal arrived . No customs charges. Everything was well packaged. Accessories in nice thick sealy bags, and a free glass stem. Thanks. The leather pouch is great. A small package and good for holding the hot cap.

First thing I did was take it all apart. The tolarances are crazy. Very very tight. I used food grade silicone grease and it took me several attempts to get the tip in straight (oo er). However both the end section and the tip sections screw in to the main body. So I would recommend to just unscrew them. Dont mess with taking the tip or end mouth piece out of the silver sections.

I would consider the tolerances a bit of a minus. And after one go that's where the minuses end.

I love the chamber size. The dynavap was always to small for me, I don't own one any more. This roughly takes the same as my v3 pro about a large pinch and a half.

I tried my small single jet lighter. Did not even touch the sides. I used my larger kitchen torch which seemed a lot better.

I finished the bowl in 3 reheats respecting the click. Dark brown AVB nothing left.

I would say more convection than conduction maybe 60\40. I'll refine than definition later.

Overall well worth the money.

Please excuse any honeymoom periods. This is just my first go!

Perfect_Speed4069

Sounds like you are well on the way. The harder the torch, the harder the hits. I'm sorry to hear about the manufacturing glitches. I feel bad because mine is... pretty much perfect (aside from the lack of a Revolve style airport). Disrespecting the click and getting as far as four or five mississippi after is what makes this a cigar, not a one hitter. Best of luck with whatever style you prefer BTW.

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: endof3d
Top Bottom