• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Custom 3D printed Widgets - Delta 3D Studios

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I'm pleased to announce that Delta 3D Studios open for business!

Delta 3D studios is committed to providing custom accessories for vapes (and other useful items in general). Anyone can purchase these items through my Shapeways store in a variety of materials.

You can visit my store here - http://www.Delta3DStudios.com

I am currently accepting requests for accessories (and basic cad design services in general), though I would prefer to have a physical item in my hands for prototyping the designs to ensure the part fits properly (and make adjustments accordingly). However, I can make also designs based on accurate measurements.

I'll keep you guys posted on this thread as I add new objects to the store.

**3D Scanning Services will be available in this summer - PM for details**

Questions? Comments? Concerns? I'm all ears.

Last edited by a moderator:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I've posted two store items so far.

DVA Tamping Tool
208x156_1763523_2311018_1394154998.jpg

One of the first tools I made for my Ascent. Perfectly sized to fit the oven with just enough space move freely. ** If ordering in plastic, allow your Ascent to cool after a session before using tamper to repack unit, Temperatures above 140F (60C) can soften the plastics! **

DVA Mini Loading Stand
208x156_1782653_2355733_1394765638.jpg

This took me a VERY long time to perfect. I went through many iterations and prototypes before I reached this design (I have 3 'prototype stands' which work, but I'm not 100% satisfied to sell through Shapeways. They are for sale with same-day shipping if you want a stand ASAP, PM for details). Previously I started with a much larger design, but the added bulk dramatically raised the price to 3D print, and wasn't portable enough for the Ascent.

This mini stand perfectly elevates your Ascent to a 90Degree angle using the intake grill to stabilize the unit. If you REALLY want a loading stand, this is for sale now, if fits perfectly. I am also working on a modified "Voronoi Tessellated" Version of this stand which looks MUCH cooler in my opinion (Picture's coming soon).

This is a work in progress Voronoi version of the Mini Stand, I should have it on the store sometime tomorrow.
uGjPBjQ.png

baltik

Good looking stuff - I am somewhat interested in the 3D space myself (non vape stuff) and was curious what software u were using?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Good looking stuff - I am somewhat interested in the 3D space myself (non vape stuff) and was curious what software u were using?

Thanks. I'm using a cocktail of 3D applications.

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm extremely proficient in Sketchup, so I usually default to that to create my 'seed' STL files. Though I am learning a language called OpenSCAD which is a programming language CAD software. Using this, I can create parametric 3D models (adjust a few variables, and re-compile to generate a new model).

I use MeshLab and NetFabb for STL cleanup and modifications. I'm also exploring Autodesk's Meshmixer for it's overhang support scripts (helpful for FDM 3D printing).

When needed, I also use Adobe Illustrator to work with and manipulate vector files prior to converting to 3D (converting CNC files to 3D models).

That doesn't include the 3D printing side of things, I use Skienforge and Slic3r for slicing (gcode compiling), and Pronterface/ReplicatorG/Repeitier-Host for my 3D print controllers.

I'm sure I'm missing a few programs, but those are my current favorites.

lazylathe

Almost there...
This is something that is going on in the Herbalzer thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-herbalizer.9116/

It has a magnetic two piece bowl.
What quite a few users are after is a different top portion of the bowl.
A 14 or 18mm male connector to facilitate the use of a water tool, generally a hydra tube style.
If it could be a direct replacement that would be awesome.

Here is a link to the bowl:

http://www.herbalizer.com/product/bowl/

Any thoughts?
I am sure some other members will be along to add to the request!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
This is something that is going on in the Herbalzer thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-herbalizer.9116/

It has a magnetic two piece bowl.
What quite a few users are after is a different top portion of the bowl.
A 14 or 18mm male connector to facilitate the use of a water tool, generally a hydra tube style.
If it could be a direct replacement that would be awesome.

Here is a link to the bowl:

http://www.herbalizer.com/product/bowl/

Any thoughts?
I am sure some other members will be along to add to the request!

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm sure it'll be easy to make the adapter model, but as I said in a previous post. I'm really not interested in 3D printing vapor path accessories - the only material which is considered 'food safe' on shapeways is glazed ceramic.

I could make the custom models to meet Shapeways specifications for ceramic (wall thickness, minimum volume, etc), but I'm concerned about how 'food safe' the 3D printed ceramic pieces will be when cooking at 350-400F for extended periods of time. Also, I can't guarantee how well the glazed ceramic piece would interact with a female/male connection..... Even though the Herbalizer is an expensive machine (which I hope to own one day), it would be expensive to produce the 2 or 3 prototypes needed to ensure a proper fit.

PM me if you're still interested, but this isn't something I'd be comfortable designing then posting on Shapeways for anyone to buy.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey all! Just a quick update.

Since I've had quite a lot of prototypes printed, I figured it was time to open an Etsy store.
Now you can purchase prototype prints directly from me (and skip the expensive rates Shapeways charges, unless you want my models printed in exotic materials like gold plating and stainless steel).

You can visit my store here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Delta3DStudio

January 2015 Update - Etsy has suspended account, please visit www.Delta3DStudios.com instead!

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Hello Ratchett! Can you make custom Keck clips? I need a 14mm and an 18mm Keck clip with just a couple mm spacing larger than normal. I like the more pliable keck clips and hate the hard as a rock plastic ones.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Actually, I've seen something like a Keck clip model online recently. I'm sure I can use that as a base and chop/edit/crop/scale as necessary to fit your needs.

Unfortunately material wise, I have a limited selection right now (PLA, ABS, TPE, and Nylon). However, PLA would probably be the best for this application (softer, less brittle). And it can be temporarily softened using a blow dryer on high heat.

I'll PM you

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hi All!

I haven't forgotten about this thread! Still hard at work rebuilding a 3D printer for a larger build volume (Using 2020 aluminum extrusions to build a stronger frame). I've also been busy studying a new parametric modeling software called OpenSCAD. (Example pictured below)

I've been working on creating a 'dummy shape' for the Ascent, which I can then use to "subtract" from any future models I create. IE - creating a simple stand, or hook, or accessory will be much easier because I already have the shape/design of the Ascent. Hopefully I can create a more accurate representation once I get my 3D scanner set up!

Additionally, any models I make using this program can be fully customized by simply adjusting a few numbers. This makes tweaking/tuning designs much easier than my other CAD software applications.

This model will be used as part of a Davinci Ascent Wall-mount and charging dock.
sSHduzd.png

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Introducing my latest accessory: Custom tapered rubber plugs.

My standard sized plug is 10mm diameter on one side, and 30mm on the other. This plug is made from 100% non-toxic aquarium grade silicon and corn starch (With a tiny bit of black linseed oil for color). It has a nice flexible consistency useful for cramming into your water pipe to make a nice water-tight connection.

The intended use is for cleaning (ISO scrubs). Simply install the plug into a dry opening (dry helps ensure a tight fit), and give the plug a good twist to 'screw' it tight.

While the standard size will fit 14mm and 18mm Female joints, I also designed this size to fit the standard D020 mouthpiece! However, if you need a larger or smaller tapered plug, please let me know, this is the beauty of custom 3D printing! (Note the rough texture is inherited from the 3d printed mold, but this has no impact on it's ability to hold water. I will be experimenting with vapor polishing my molds to obtain a smoother plug with less 'texture')

Currently, this product is only available via my Etsy Store [Direct link to product]
il_570xN.599959049_bh3h.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/188926107/tapered-rubber-plug-2-pack

PM me if you want a shipping quote to your country. The plugs are pretty indestructible when they are shipped, I will use the cheapest method available.

Here's a screenshot of the 3D printed mold I designed to create these plugs:
PnVgXyS.png

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Introducing my latest accessory: Custom tapered rubber plugs.

My standard sized plug is 10mm diameter on one side, and 30mm on the other. This plug is made from 100% non-toxic aquarium grade silicon and corn starch (With a tiny bit of black linseed oil for color). It has a nice flexible consistency useful for cramming into your water pipe to make a nice water-tight connection.

The intended use is for cleaning (ISO scrubs). Simply install the plug into a dry opening (dry helps ensure a tight fit), and give the plug a good twist to 'screw' it tight.

While the standard size will fit 14mm and 18mm Female joints, I also designed this size to fit the standard D020 mouthpiece! However, if you need a larger or smaller tapered plug, please let me know, this is the beauty of custom 3D printing! (Note the rough texture is inherited from the 3d printed mold, but this has no impact on it's ability to hold water. I will be experimenting with vapor polishing my molds to obtain a smoother plug with less 'texture')

Currently, this product is only available via my Etsy Store [Direct link to product]
il_570xN.599959049_bh3h.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/188926107/tapered-rubber-plug-2-pack

PM me if you want a shipping quote to your country. The plugs are pretty indestructible when they are shipped, I will use the cheapest method available.

Here's a screenshot of the 3D printed mold I designed to create these plugs:
PnVgXyS.png

Nice. I was just thinking I needed something like this to clean all my cheap glass, and then I stumbled on this in your sig and it looks like just what I need. Just submitted my order on your Etsy store and look forward to trying these out. :cool:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the feedback guys!

@Mister G Thank you!! I'm in the process of making my first large batch this weekend. I'll be shipping your order on Monday. There will be a slight vinegar smell from the off-gassing of the silicon. This is normal (extremely pungent while mixing in the corn starch to make them!). I suggest allowing them to sit out in the sun for a few days to cure. Once the smell is gone, they will be non-toxic. I use the same material to make chocolate and Ice molds with my 3D printer.

However you should have no problem using them upon receipt, but I'd give it a long hot-water rinse after removing the plugs one last time before drying (until the vinegar smell is gone). I have tested them within one day of molding and found them to have no reaction to a full soak in 91% ISO for 24 hours.

The cool part is that the molding process inherit's the grain pattern of the 3D print - creating a cool wood grain effect on the rubber. Eventually I may vapor-polish the molds to create a smoother finish, but I kinda like the grain finish. Let me know what you think @Mister G - really anxious to hear your feedback.

If the plug doesn't fit right, I can always make a larger or smaller one.

@cybrguy - yeah, unfortunately the diameter is just over 1 inch (30mm). If it were under 0.75", I could ship in an envelope..... If anyone has some ideas for a cheaper shipping method, I'm all ears. Would a padded envelope with postage be possible?

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Thanks for the feedback guys!

@Mister G Thank you!! I'm in the process of making my first large batch this weekend. I'll be shipping your order on Monday. There will be a slight vinegar smell from the off-gassing of the silicon. This is normal (extremely pungent while mixing in the corn starch to make them!). I suggest allowing them to sit out in the sun for a few days to cure. Once the smell is gone, they will be non-toxic. I use the same material to make chocolate and Ice molds with my 3D printer.

However you should have no problem using them upon receipt, but I'd give it a long hot-water rinse after removing the plugs one last time before drying (until the vinegar smell is gone). I have tested them within one day of molding and found them to have no reaction to a full soak in 91% ISO for 24 hours.

The cool part is that the molding process inherit's the grain pattern of the 3D print - creating a cool wood grain effect on the rubber. Eventually I may vapor-polish the molds to create a smoother finish, but I kinda like the grain finish. Let me know what you think @Mister G - really anxious to hear your feedback.

If the plug doesn't fit right, I can always make a larger or smaller one.

@cybrguy - yeah, unfortunately the diameter is just over 1 inch (30mm). If it were under 0.75", I could ship in an envelope..... If anyone has some ideas for a cheaper shipping method, I'm all ears. Would a padded envelope with postage be possible?

Thanks, I will try to put them through their paces and report back. I know this is a new product, am I customer #1?? I will follow your instructions to complete the curing.

The feature that got me to pull the trigger is that they fit multiple size openings, you probably know I own the D020 and the D so these should be perfect for those, I ordered two sets so that I can plug the three holes of my claisen when I soak it to get reclaim.

I did find the shipping a bit high, but since I was getting two sets it made it more palatable, but definitely anything you can do to reduce shipping will likely increase your sales. I'd say 3.XX is probably a good goal since it can get one set under 10 bucks.

I love 3D printing, it's the future, so I also want to support it and small shops and of course a fellow FC member!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Thanks, I will try to put them through their paces and report back. I know this is a new product, am I customer #1?? I will follow your instructions to complete the curing.

The feature that got me to pull the trigger is that they fit multiple size openings, you probably know I own the D020 and the D so these should be perfect for those, I ordered two sets so that I can plug the three holes of my claisen when I soak it to get reclaim.

I did find the shipping a bit high, but since I was getting two sets it made it more palatable, but definitely anything you can do to reduce shipping will likely increase your sales. I'd say 3.XX is probably a good goal since it can get one set under 10 bucks.

I love 3D printing, it's the future, so I also want to support it and small shops and of course a fellow FC member!

Yes, you are the first customer on the plugs, I just posted them recently, been playing with the design for a while. Tried to make a plug which snapped around the mouthpiece for the D020. Ultimately I opted to keep it simple and go for a tapered design (then I went through several iterations to find the right material and shape for my needs).

You can use 1st class parcel if under 14 oz., cheap and can use a box

Shipping is high, but Etsy only permits 1 shipping rate for the whole USA - hence the USPS flat rate shipping price. First class is cheaper - but I haven't figured out how to specify first class postage based on customer location. If you want a cheaper rate, PM me your address and I'll get a quote for first class postage which varies depending on location. The weight is minimal (3 ounces?), it would be cheaper, but I don't know by how much. USPS flat rate just makes things simple.

The price would be cheaper for the plugs (half the cost) if I used standard silicon sealant (I have a few laying around for practice, only $3 each!), but the Aquarium Silicon I use is way more expensive than the caulk you find at Walmart. Even though I designed these for cleaning purposes and personally rinse a second time after removing the plugs, I figured it would be best to use 100% non-toxic chemicals for something coming into contact with the vapor path, especially for paying customers.

Batch #2 looking good! Mixing up another batch before I go to bed!

Maybe a quick session or two with the Lotus in between :science:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Lol, CNC machines are easy to build, I could easily convert one of my 3D printers into a CNC. Actually I rebuilt my Delta 3D printer so I can change tool-heads in a matter of minutes.

With a corded dremmel and some motors/arduino controller, you can build a CNC for under $500!

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Just wanted to update that I received the plugs last Friday. They have been sitting on a window sill since then to cure out the remaining vinegar smell, still faint as of this morning, another day and I may give them a water soak for 24-28 hours before I use them for the first time.

The "grain" pattern is ok with me, but it does make them appear kinda rough, so i can see how smoothing that out will make them look more professional and less "home-made". Haven't used them yet, but I'll trust you that the grain doesn't impede water sealing.

This should be much easier to use than plugging the holes with my fingers. :razz:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Yeah, I think I'm going to try vapor polishing the molds to make the next batch come out smoother. But wait until you use the plugs - the grain pattern looks pretty cool when magnified by the glass :)

I've found they make a super tight seal if you give them a good twist when inserting. They've been SO helpful when cleaning all this cheap glass I've been buying from DHgate!

2clicker

Observer
how are these cleaning plugs different from silicone rubber stoppers that are made to plug ground glass joints...?

not knocking your product, but rubber stoppers can be found very cheap and in all sizes available. ive been using them to clean my glass for years.

2clicker,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom