Custom 3D printed Widgets - Delta 3D Studios

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
That's awesome @StormyPinkness! I'm happy I could help, looks great!! I always get a giddy feeling whenever I invent something new and handle it for the first time, like - "I made this". I was that kid in school who couldn't draw a straight line to save his life, "art class" was the bane of my existence as a child :lol: But 3D printing, CAD/CAM production - yeah that shit is awesome, I like working with exact numbers.

Still grinding away in the studio trying to catch up on outstanding work, fortunately May is a slowish month which gives me some time to chip away at the order queue.

Soon as things slow down I'll be working on a bunch of projects sitting on the back burner, can't wait to share some pix of the new gear once it's installed and configured.

( PS - Congrats class of 2018!! )

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
can you do a 14mm female to a 14 male glass or just in rubber

While there is some progress on this front, sadly 3D printed glass is still a far off dream for manufacturing. However with some new machinery coming in-house soon, I might be able to produce something like this before the end of this year :science: :ninja:

Lots going on around the studio right now, pardon the radio silence everyone. I'm still working on keeping up with the demand while still streamlining the manufacturing processes.

Been working this week on something special. I'll be publishing it tonight/tomorrow if everything goes well with my test-prints. Be sure to keep an eye on my store or Instagram accounts (@Delta3DStudios) for something exciting! :rockon:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey all!

Still tinkering away in the studio, experimenting with some new exotic materials like fusion jetted nylon 3D printing. Actually working on a lot of fun stuff right now I can't wait to share. Although thanks to Imgur blocking FC, I've been using Instagram a lot recently to share my latest stuff (sorry FC folks, I know I need to start posting more often to this thread!)

In case you missed it, I've got a new S&B Capsule Caddy designed to hold 24 capsules, and conviently sized to fit into the @JyARz Satchmo container.
20180914_171308__76478.1537022674.1280.1280.jpg

(No, this is not my last capsule design.... I've got a few other things in the pipeline! :science: )

I also wanted to announce my first ever Instagram contest, no purchase necessary to win!

You may enter once per day, contest ends October 31st!

Last edited by a moderator:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Love it! Hmmm... I wonder if the DynaVap could take small capsules...

Sadly I don't think the dosing capsules fit the vapcap, but those HealthyRips Fury2 dosing capsules look like they might fit.

Have you ever considered making capsules for the grasshopper?

Really wish I could. As usual while I can 3D model the design. Manufacturing is a whole different ballgame. I keep everything manufactured here in America with a close eye on product safety (if I won't use it personally for any reason, I won't sell it to my customers)

He's not making capsules. He makes the caddy (among many other ingenious designs).

Not yet anyway :evil:

Although think of me more like that guy who would make an unlicensed adapter to attach lego parts to knex/duplo blocks :lol:

Seriously though, I've been experimenting with several new raw materials recently, really can't wait to get things ironed out for low volume production so I can share them with the market (these days I gotta slow down and make sure I can make several hundred identical copies which can be quite a PITA with 3D printers alone!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Evening ya'll, back again with a new design I've been toying with for a while now. It's been in my personal collection and used daily for a while now.

Allow me to introduce the Mason Jar Toothpick Debowler!

Designed to fit any regular-mouth mason jar. This flexible debowler was designed with a custom collet to hold an easy-to-replace toothpick. I opted for a wooden round toothpick because it's heat resistant, doesn't scar a vape's interior oven, and can be easily replaced when the tip breaks wears out.

There's more down the pipeline where this came from, I'm just getting warmed up again :brow: :cool: :science:

DnD_Dude

Not happy with this company and I don't trust them.

I purchased a MIGHTY V3 WATERPIPE ADAPTER and the the plastic became discolored and brittle after a few months of regular use. I wrote a review of my experience on the company's website over a month ago and they have not posted it. Poor quality control. Dishonest business tactics. I will not be doing business with them again.

2e50doz.jpg

DnD_Dude,

Mr. Me2

I purchased a MIGHTY V3 WATERPIPE ADAPTER and the the plastic became discolored and brittle after a few months of regular use. I wrote a review of my experience on the company's website over a month ago and they have not posted it. Poor quality control. Dishonest business tactics. I will not be doing business with them again.

2e50doz.jpg
Did you try emailing or sending @Ratchett a pm describing your problem?

Personally, I’ve always found him to be very responsive, and that he cares about his stuff and customers.

I haven’t bought anything from him that is near heat, so I can’t compare my experience to yours. But @Ratchett did fix one problem I had...

I hope you give him another opportunity to look into your experience and make it right

DeeCee5

Livin' La Vida Loca in FL
@DnD_Dude I am not discounting your experience, and I know you said that you sent a review to the Delta 3D studios website, but prior to posting your review did you sent a PM to @Ratchett explaining the issue you were having.?

I have no affiliation with Delta 3 D Studios. However, I've made several purchases in the past from them and have satisfied with the products I received and their customer service.

subway13029

i agree that @Ratchett is a stand up dude who ive personally met and i have bugged him for years to make certain parts and he wont because of the safety aspect and being too close to heat and such. i have done so many transaction that i cant count and he has always done me right.did you contact him before rhe negative feedback? once again he is a stand up solid
dude.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker

2e50doz.jpg

Greetings, I'm very sorry you had that issue. By all means if you had emailed me this photograph I would have absolutely offered you a free replacement (the offer still stands, please PM me your address, I'll be happy to help)

However, looking at this picture, I know exactly what's going on. As with all silicone rubber products (including rubber gaskets on vaporizers, and o-rings such as those on the Vapcap), it's well known that they can be damaged with extensive ISO exposure (specifically prolonged exposure which saturates the rubber). Which is why on my store's product description (https://delta3dstudios.com/mighty-v3-waterpipe-adapter/) I include this statement:

*WARNING: Saturating any silicone rubber with ISO Alcohol for extended periods of time will harden the rubber (risking damage to your adapter). ISO Alcohol may be used for cleaning but please avoid prolonged exposure exceeding one hour*

Although right now I'll admit the warning label on the page is rather low-key, I'll make a note to revise and highlight this warning with some larger text and bolder colors to attract the attention.

I appreciate your photograph however though, this is a perfect example of ISO damage (although the most extreme case I've seen on my adapter) - a great warning for all my silicone customers what can happen with prolonged ISO exposure. As mentioned, I will be more than happy to replace that adapter at no cost to you. With proper cleaning techniques your silicone adapter should last several years of heavy use

Appreciate the replies @Mr. Me2 / @DeeCee5 / @subway13029 , This business is absolutely a labor of love. I aim for complete customer satisfaction, and I'm sorry @DnD_Dude you are unsatisfied with your adapter. Please PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

Gigsabits53

I knew @Ratchett would make this right as soon as I saw the post. Always found him to be completely honest and I've bought several things from Delta 3D over the last 2 years, love everything I have purchased from there.

I would stick with him as he comes up with some really good ideas for products. Very useful, makes vaping so much easier.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Since we are speaking about great products from @Ratchett, how about a water pipe adapter for the Ghost?
I can send you the mouthpiece as a template, old buddy, old pal. Maybe I should buy your silicone wpa....
Anyhow, always good things from Delta3D.

Promise I'm working on a lot of new WPA's in the near future. First I need to acquire some new state of the art hardware in the studio to expand my WPA collection beyond silicone rubber adapters.

I'm working on a new photoshoot this weekend. Stay tuned for a new product announcement in the next few days! :rockon:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey all!

Back again and proud to announce that finally, more than three years after the original Nearly Universal Adapter, I'm proud to introduce the first of my new Version 2.0 Nearly Universal Adapters (Size: Medium).

giphy.gif

This sucker is nearly identical to the original Medium size NuSonG, just a bit more pliable and durable so it can work with even more vapes (including prefilled carts like the one featured in this GIF). Very excited about this new version, I think everyone who handles both will agree this is a huge upgrade from my first generation NuSonGs.

Please note I have not upgraded the Small and Large editions just yet since this new manufacturing process is quite expensive and time consuming. Hopefully I'll have all NuSonG's upgraded early next year, I'll be sure to update this thread as usual with every special announcement

415vapor

@Ratchett your various MF finishing grinder funnels - what is the diameter of the spout?

I have a firewood 5 and believe the bowl is 10mm. Not sure if I want something to fit inside or rest on top of the bowl. If I wanted you to do something custom for the fw5 do you have a minimum order type thing? I want to check in the fw thread to see if there's any interest or if my idea can be made better etc etc.

415vapor,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
@Ratchett your various MF finishing grinder funnels - what is the diameter of the spout?

I have a firewood 5 and believe the bowl is 10mm. Not sure if I want something to fit inside or rest on top of the bowl. If I wanted you to do something custom for the fw5 do you have a minimum order type thing? I want to check in the fw thread to see if there's any interest or if my idea can be made better etc etc.

The outside diameter of my flexible MFFG funnel is roughly 11.5mm, the opening is approximately 9.5mm.

Custom orders are always an option, the rate for the design is based on several factors including the complexity of the design. A minor revision to an existing design (adjusting the diameter or length for example) would incur a nominal fee for the revision and setup time for the printer. Larger more complicated designs would require more design time and thus cost a bit more (although I often reduce my rates for custom orders if the design can benefit the whole Vaporizer community)

Shoot me a PM or email and we can discuss the possibilities.

Thanks for your interest.

In other news, happy new year everyone! Been waiting for the new year to drop some $$ on investments for the shop. I'll be sharing some photos on my Instagram feed once I have the new machine up and running, very excited to bring some new workable materials into the shop. I've already got a few designs finished, ready to go as soon as I get the new machine up and running, stay tuned for some exciting announcements this Winter!

MinnBobber

I've already got a few designs finished, ready to go as soon as I get the new machine up and running, stay tuned for some exciting announcements this Winter!
.................................................................................................................................
Bring it.... can you let our community know what "properties" your new materials will have, to foster new ideas that didn't work before, as the materials were not suitable?

I like your product pics on instagram---gives a good feel for the varied accessories

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
can you let our community know what "properties" your new materials will have, to foster new ideas that didn't work before, as the materials were not suitable?

Lol to start I'm upgrading my existing fleet to something capable of higher resolution and quality (my old machines were nice, but they're getting worn out after years of heavy use). I'll also have capability to print larger items (such as large organizers and stands) without any concern for base level adhesion (major limiting factor in low volume production of objects with large base footprints).

These new machines also have the capability of working with some stronger tool-grade plastics which will help me produce better forms and molds for other machinery ( as well as helping me print some sweet micro brushless drone frames :lol: )

This should enhance my capabilities in producing silicone molds as well as increasing my overall production quality and speeds to get manufacturing under control.

Concurrently I'm experimenting with some state of the art nylon fusion printing which will cost a bit more per unit, but worth it for some applications. Later this year I'll be expanding into some other 3D printed high temp vapor safe materials, but I really need to get manufacturing times under control before I can expand into that field as it will be a multi-step manufacturing process requiring a lot of expensive machinery.

Few new items arriving this week. If everything passes a final inspection, I'm hoping to publish a few new items before next weekend.

Top Bottom