Custom 3D printed Widgets - Delta 3D Studios

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Available later this week (Assuming it passes my tests)

rVuxkxc.jpg

Teardrop J-Hook Stand (Parameter based, can adjust every aspect of this design as needed - I've actually already made several changes since this design)

Coming Soon:
w5Yq92A.png

14mm and 18mm Male GONG stands

--------------

On another note, I have decided that your support has inspired me to purchase my next 3D printer (4th one) - this one should hopefully keep up with my creative spirit and prove to be more reliable than my other home-built machines. If all goes well, I should have that printer up and running 24/7 before August!

Last edited by a moderator:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Currently playing with a new flexible bed material (PrintInZ). With this material I can supposedly print large objects and easily pop them off the print plate (currently a major limitation on what type of objects I can easily print). Hopefully this will help me introduce larger objects in the future.

New 3D printer incoming! Lack of access to working and calibrated 3D printers has hindered recent development, but hopefully this Flashforge Creator Pro can keep up with my printing needs!

In the meantime, I'm still playing around with my new found OpenSCAD skills.

Ooohh...ht stands!

Hehe, what do you think about this HT stand? (This is the 14mm version, still need to test print before I make an 18mm version). Imagine these printed in brushed or polished stainles steel (or brushed gold plating if your're a player like that)

eyqN7j8.png

And a "Low-Poly" version for those who might want a more "digital" feel to their stand
dpRmgDR.png

Again, fully parametric, I can make each part of this stand as wide or as narrow as needed to handle even the largest HT's!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
my initial thought is it will need more mass to keep the larger, 18mm units from tipping. But for the smaller 14mm ones that may be just right. I like the idea of something other than glass as an HT stand, since you could twist it off without worrying about breaking the HT or the stand.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
my initial thought is it will need more mass to keep the larger, 18mm units from tipping. But for the smaller 14mm ones that may be just right. I like the idea of something other than glass as an HT stand, since you could twist it off without worrying about breaking the HT or the stand.

Maybe you could design a hollow base to be filled with water or sand for weight and stability? Like the bases for portable basketball setups. Just throwing it out there. :shrug:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
This was only a reference shot. The model is fully parametric. Since I don't have any true HT's, I don't really know how much mass I'm working with.

Here's the same model with 4 variables changed and re-compiled. (Note this version is 200mm wide - 7.9 inches!)
gwZA3p8.png

This is one of those designs I might not offer on my etsy store, but instead offer exclusively on my shapeways store so it can be printed larger with materials that have more mass (like Steel, Brass, Ceramic, etc)

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey everyone! It's been a while! I have been waiting to update the thread until I had some good news.............

goodnewseveryone.jpg
!!!
My newest 3D printer is up and running!! Fully calibrated and mostly dialed in!

My lack of fully-functioning printers have hindered the ability to work on new models (your orders are keeping my other printer busy!). However this new printer means I can keep up and produce new prototypes MUCH faster than before.

Which brings me to another point....

============================================================

Now available for sale: The J-hook Pipe Stand
il_570xN.631238210_asus.jpg

(Currently available exclusively on my Delta 3D Studios store, a shapeways version is coming soon with exotic materials available like Steel, Brass, Gold, Silver, and ceramic and more!)

Fully parametric, this version was designed to fit into a small flat rate box and still universal enough to hold different styles of j-hooks. Over 30 different iterations and 20+ successful prints before I arrived at this design. (Note - For those who have the Grav-Labs J-hook sold with the Lotus vaporizer kit, this will be a perfect fit)

It is a fully parametric and can be customized to fit any size j-hook. Need a taller stand? No problem! Wider stand? Easy!

Stay tuned for more models soon :party:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Currently playing with a new flexible bed material (PrintInZ). With this material I can supposedly print large objects and easily pop them off the print plate (currently a major limitation on what type of objects I can easily print). Hopefully this will help me introduce larger objects in the future.

New 3D printer incoming! Lack of access to working and calibrated 3D printers has hindered recent development, but hopefully this Flashforge Creator Pro can keep up with my printing needs!

In the meantime, I'm still playing around with my new found OpenSCAD skills.

Hehe, what do you think about this HT stand? (This is the 14mm version, still need to test print before I make an 18mm version). Imagine these printed in brushed or polished stainles steel (or brushed gold plating if your're a player like that)

eyqN7j8.png

And a "Low-Poly" version for those who might want a more "digital" feel to their stand
dpRmgDR.png

Again, fully parametric, I can make each part of this stand as wide or as narrow as needed to handle even the largest HT's!
Dude! This is a brilliant idea! So convenient to be able to 3D print things like this to create stands, containers and storage / presentation mantles for the MANY types of glass accessories we have for our vapes. This is a thread that I am very closely watching because as far as I'm concerned, this is the mother fucking future right at our doorstep. At the moment I can't imagine why I wouldn't want you specifically to create a place for my every glass accessory! Drooling over these concept images :)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
This was only a reference shot. The model is fully parametric. Since I don't have any true HT's, I don't really know how much mass I'm working with.

Here's the same model with 4 variables changed and re-compiled. (Note this version is 200mm wide - 7.9 inches!)
gwZA3p8.png

This is one of those designs I might not offer on my etsy store, but instead offer exclusively on my shapeways store so it can be printed larger with materials that have more mass (like Steel, Brass, Ceramic, etc)

My first impression is that you would do better being more of a copy of the glass hydrafeet offered by VXL. I think you want to keep it low to the ground so you don't raise the center of gravity.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
My first impression is that you would do better being more of a copy of the glass hydrafeet offered by VXL. I think you want to keep it low to the ground so you don't raise the center of gravity.

Thanks for the input - I'll certainly keep that in mind. I'm looking at finalizing some designs for GonG and HT stands over the next week or two and add them to my Shapeways store (so you can order them in heavier materials like ceramic which can handle higher temperatures than my plastic prototypes).

Dude! This is a brilliant idea! So convenient to be able to 3D print things like this to create stands, containers and storage / presentation mantles for the MANY types of glass accessories we have for our vapes. This is a thread that I am very closely watching because as far as I'm concerned, this is the mother fucking future right at our doorstep. At the moment I can't imagine why I wouldn't want you specifically to create a place for my every glass accessory! Drooling over these concept images :)

Heh, thanks! All of my latest CAD work has been done in OpenSCAD which allows me to adjust and tweak a few variables and re-compile the whole model. This allows me to start designing models, before I have actual measurements. Instead I use placeholder values until I can get a true measurement.

I've got quite a lot of ideas for storage, unfortunately printing large scale objects can be a PITA for FDM 3D printers because the plastic likes to warp during the print. That's why I'm looking at building a CNC machine so I can design basic storage slots and use a CNC to cut them out of wood or aluminum.

Indeed however I believe 3D printing will have a serious impact on manufacturing and traditional supply chains. Though I still don't know how long before we see 3D printers in everyone's home. I'm betting it's going to make a first appearance in the form of a kinko's like building where you can walk in and order your parts, come back a few hours later to a finished product.

This weekend I'm finalizing the design for an Herbalizer bowl adapter to convert the output stem to a standard 18mm male fitting:
8FJEhpp.png

I used estimated variables to start designing the part before @nigel was kind enough to ship me a spare bowl to use for measurements. I was off by less than 2mm! Easy enough to adjust 2 numbers in my program and re-compile to fit.

Second test-print was a perfect,snug fit. Now I am adding some tolerance for the glazing process, and will be uploading to Shapeways to order the first ceramic prototype this weekend!

--------------------------------------

On a side note - I've been getting several requests for Solo accessories. If anyone is willing to ship me their unit, I'd LOVE to 3D scan the Solo and take some measurements. If not I might have to buy a cheap or broke one off the classifieds at some point later this year.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I'm back everyone!

New item just listed on my store:

Mini Rubber Tapered Plugs!
il_570xN.638773804_5r7w.jpg

Given the unexpected popularity in my tapered rubber plugs, I've opted to add a new size to the store. These mini plugs are designed to fit both 14 and 18mm MALE fittings found on many new glass pieces designed for dabbing.

More stuff coming soon! Up next - Male and Female GonG stands!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hot damn, I'm on fire!

Now available on my Etsy store:

19mm Male GonG stands (Lotus Petal design)
il_570xN.640421125_o2ny.jpg

(Male-Male fitting not included, shown for reference)

Yes, this is the first of a series of stands I'll be listing on the store over the next few weeks.

Currently this piece is only available in PLA plastic (withstands temperatures up to 140C), but I'll be adding this model shortly to my Shapeways store for purchase in exotic materials including ceramic and steel!

14mm version coming soon (although a reducer fits very nicely in this stand if 14mm is desired!)

VANVAS

I believe you was making some plate for the SOLO , right? Have you got finished some prototype??

VANVAS,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I believe you was making some plate for the SOLO , right? Have you got finished some prototype??

Yes, that was me. Though I still have not had access to a Solo to make the replacement part or take measurements. I hope to have access to a solo within the next month or two, but until then, I really can't make any prototypes.

That is, unless you were willing to send me the broken base plate for your Solo, I could possibly 3D scan that and make a replacement part (or re-design to increase stability/strength of the part)

VANVAS

lol ! At the moment is not broke just i had doubts cause i believe will broke...but i think a lot of solo owners had this problem...thanks @Ratchett and i hope your news!!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Indeed, I'll probably buy a solo from the classifieds in a few months simply to have for making prototype parts. Keep an eye on this thread for updates, on my latest offerings.

lonelyhero

the lost soul
Company Rep
Would it be possible to 3d print a nibbler xl for the w9 hercules sr74x?

lonelyhero,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Would it be possible to 3d print a nibbler xl for the w9 hercules sr74x?

While it is 100% possible to 3D design the part, something this small is currently unprintable with available technology in materials which are deemed "food safe". (I can print prototypes for test fitting, but nothing which would be "vapor safe")

Check back in 2-5 years, I'm sure there will be 3D printed glass (or other food safe materials like 316 Stainless Steel) :science:

Delta3DStudios,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I'm back with another item!

Introducing the
Davinci Ascent Desktop Charging Station:
il_570xN.643949206_nq60.jpg

il_570xN.643949148_267t.jpg

Yup, I've been teasing this for a while, however my original designs were far too large for my printer. I've reduced the print time from 17 hours down to 9 for this current design. There is a channel for the wire to exit through the side of the unit, and the power plug is held in place via pressure fit. To charge, simply drop your Ascent into the dock, while charging, feel free to rotate open and begin loading your Ascent!

Also new to my 3D design arsenal - custom text! I can now easily emboss/engrave custom text onto my 3D models. By default, I put "Ascent" on there, but I can always change that if you desire (currently configured for 2 lines of text, but I can easily add more).

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Ratchett,

...3D printed metal still isn't food-safe because of the bonding resins used are most certainly toxic and therefor I don't believe they would be safe currently for vapor paths.

Is it not possible to remove contaminants such as those from bronze-infused models using high-temperature curing followed by some acid bath, ultrasonic cleaning, etc, whatever it takes?

Then such cleaned surface would be submitted to some metal plating process that ensures it's really safe. No?

Additionally, i was looking at this particular product and wondered all the sudden:

Maybe food-safe metals ain't necessary at all in order to conceive some simple yet efficient (spiral) concentric Heat-Exchanger structure, so what would you think?

Thanks to the new technology it should prove easy to channel fresh-air through a 3D food-safe ceramic maze, along a spiral path flooded with heat from simple tubular radiators, maximizing contact-surface and hence heat transfer i presume. Would it not??

Also, does this 3D method offer a selection of high-temperature plastics, euh... Since they're so popular in some parts of the vape universe anyway!...

:peace:

Egzoset,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Salutations Ratchett,

Is it not possible to remove contaminants such as those from bronze-infused models using high-temperature curing followed by some acid bath, ultrasonic cleaning, etc, whatever it takes?

Additionally, i was looking at this particular product and wondered all the sudden:

Maybe food-safe metals ain't necessary at all in order to conceive some simple yet efficient (spiral) concentric Heat-Exchanger structure, so what would you think?

Thanks to the new technology it should prove easy to channel fresh-air through a 3D food-safe ceramic maze, along a spiral path flooded with heat from simple tubular radiators, maximizing contact-surface and hence heat transfer i presume. Would it not??

Also, does this 3D method offer a selection of high-temperature plastics, euh... Since they're so popular in some parts of the vape universe anyway!...

It might be possible to make bronze or stainless 3D printed parts food-safe, but I don't have access to the technology necessary to deem it "vapor safe". I can certainly design parts to be printed in any material, but I won't take any chances with the health of my customers.

According to shapeways, the only 3D printable material they make which is "food safe" is glazed ceramic.

If you wish to order any of my items (or a custom model) in another material and experiment yourself, by all means PM me and I will help. But I won't post those kinds of items on my store.

I could make a custom heat exchanger design with ceramic, but unfortunately the tolerances must be quite loose to ensure components fit - I'm having a hell of a time making a perfect fit for my herbalizer HT adapter. In fact, if the item can't be printed in 1 piece, there's a good chance they won't fit together if printed in Ceramic (nature of the beast currently).

As far as high temperature plastic, most home 3D printers on the market use FDM technology (fused disposition modeling). The printer's hot-end nozzle contains PTFE lining which usually softens at 265 to 270C. As such I print usually no higher than 240C. Some new hotends have been designed to use all stainless steel so they are safe to print with materials up to 300C, which I could use to print tool-grade polycarbonate and PEEK plastics.

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: Egzoset

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again Ratchett,

If you wish to order...

Thanks for that prompt reply, but no, i simply wanted some general background information just like that which you've provided me here today!

I feel somewhat puzzled thinking i can't be the very 1st guy to wonder, that's all.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Ratchett,

...keeping an eye out for what other materials I can make which are safe...

Additive manufacturing may not be an option for safe metals right now but i could argue it's still possible to use the substractive methods, waterjet abrasive cutting for example.

Top Bottom