cross-eyed

djonkoman

anyone else here noticed effect of weed on being crosseyed?
I myself do but have never heard of someone else with the same except one on a forum that doesn't exist anymore

little background on my condition:
according to my parents, until I was 3 there was nothing wrong with my eyes
then I became crosseyed, I never had a lazy eye tough, I subconscieusly shift wich eye I look with once in a while(don't know how big intervals, but I once read our brainhalfs shift dominany every 20 minutes, so could be my eyes also shift every 20 minutes, but it happens so subconscieusly I have no idea of this is the case)

I can also conscieusly switch eyes, wich is convenient for example when I'm driving my bike, it hails and the wind is coming from one side, making the hail land hard on 1 half of my face, then I just close the eye on that side

as a kid I got eyesurgery, they shortened my eyemuscles
this didn't solve it and I still always had an eye that was visibly off(just not always the same eye)
crosseyedness and lazy eyes are common in the family btw(from the mother of my mothers side), there's also one who has the same as me(no lazy eye), the others have a lazy eye
as a kid I got regular checkups in the hospital, I was told that if I wasn't able to look with both eyes simultaniously before I was 12, I would never be able to
my last checkup was around when I was 11, and just before I was 12 I noticed that at some moments if I really concentrated on it I could look with both eyes

this stayed like this, when I was 15 I began smoking

one day, don't know how old I was, I was sitting in my room stoned(from a sativa), I always have a bottle of water in arms reach for cottonmouth, and I was playing a bit wth the cap of that bottle
I held it before one eye... and I noticed I looked straight trough it(that was how it appeared to me, you're probably very familiar with the effect if you look with both eyes and cover one, you see the thing covering that eye and what's behind it sultaniously)
so I began paying attention to it, and I noticed that everytime I was high on a sativa, I looked with both eyes without concentrating on it
indica'didn't have this effect tough, probably because the tiredness/sleepiness counteracts the effect, if I'm tired, sleepy, or drunk and it's the end of the night, usually one of my eyelids hangs lower
if I look in the mirror and I'm pretty stoned and try to look really stoned(relax facemuscles, stare at mirror with stoned grin and squint/relax eyes) also one eyelid hangs a bit lower

I also noticed on some ocassions when I was driving on my bike to the city to go out and got high before that I had a panoramaview(much wider visual range as I was used to)

and by now looking with both eyes simultaniously is more and more common to me, I'm also high often :p
and I like sativa's the best anyway(also the reason I stared vaping, more high), so everytime I'm high I get this effect

and I think it's really amazing, it seems to be a temporary effect tough, I haven't really payed attention to it while sober lately but the last tme I remember was that sober I still had to really concentrate/focus on it to look with both eyes, while high it goes completely without effort, ehile high I can't even look with one eye without the other one closed, no matter how hard I try(the conscieusly switching between eyes I do my closing the 1 I look with at that moment, then I look with the other, and then I can open the first again and kep my vision at the other with a small effort/ little bit of focus, if I don't pay attention to it anymore I automatically look with what at that moment is my dominant eye)

even sober and looking with only 1 eye my crosseyedness isn't visible anymore tough, that surgery didn't really seem to help but in the years afterwards my crosseyedness got slowly less visible, no idea if the surgery played a role in this, and by the time I went to highschool nobody noticed I was crosseyed until I told them and they looked very closely, and even then they weren't always able to see it (except the sister of a friend, I told him I was crosseyed and he said his sister asked if I was when he showed her a picture of me)

but the weird thing is that I've never read anything else about this, no scientific reserch in this direction etc, only when I posted my story on another forum once there was one other person who said he noticed a similar effect(he had a lazy eye btw)
but except for that one post, nowhere ever I've been able to find someone with a similar experience, while for me this effect is so obvioously connected to weed that I can't imagine there aren't more people who get this benefot from weed, and that there's absolutely no research into this

djonkoman,

djonkoman

and it's especially special since as far as I know there's no known cure against crosseyedness, except the patch on the eye for kids with a lazy eye(I never had a patch on my eye since I never had a lazy eye) or surgery, and surgery is far from a garantueed fix(I had surgery and it didn't seemto do much if anything, my uncle who has a lazy eye also had surgery but according to him too late, at 6 I think, mine was at 4 or so)
they also once said they wanted to give me glasses but that was only so that other people woudn't be able to see I was crosseyed but it wouldn't fix a thing, so I said I would never wear it(as a kid I was against symptomfighting), and I never got it

and I think they don't even know the cause(with lazy eyes they have some theories but that's it)

djonkoman,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
djonk, thanks for that wonderful post. I have not heard anything about your issue specifically but I know the neurological effects are being studied, my sister and brother both have MS so neurological issues interest us. If I ever see anything on eye control I will make sure to get it here mucho pronto! :)

Thanks again for taking the time to share,

t-dub

t-dub,

djonkoman

I don't often have edibles and the times I had I didn't pay attention to it, but I think it depends on the effect

with indica's he sleepiness counteracts it, so I think abv-edibles wouldn't work

edibles only get me high when I share them with others, once I made a cake with a friend, we each took a half
that night I ate half of my half, so a quarter, while watching tv, waited a few hours but didn't get high(but I did have red eyes the next morning)

a few days later it was liberation day(5th of may), and then the entire city is a party basically, musical performances everywhere etc, and I shared my remaining quarter with a friend and we both got very high, while I had less as the night before I got much higher

so since this effect goes together with the high I don't think edibles by myself would work and with friends only if the effect is enough sativa-like

combustion also works but I think vaping works better, since it's clearer and less of the tiredness on the comedown that I think will counteract it

but the difference is so slight I only ocassionally notice it, everyone always said to me I don't have depth perception but I never experienced it like that, I see how far something is by it's size and the context
and now I can see depth I know I was right, I only notice the difference with things like lighting a candle, getting the flame into the intake hole of my VG and pouring a drink into a glass, but depth isn't something you conscieusly see
the biggest difference is the increased width of what I can see at once without switching my eye or turning my head

but high I can't do my childhood boredom game, if was bored as a child I always looked for a lightsource and something between me and the lightsource that could block it
then I moved my head so that that thing exactly blocked the lightsource, then switch eyes and the lightsource was unblocked again, then I would move my head so that the lightsource was blocked from the eye I switched too, switch back and repeat

djonkoman,
Top Bottom