Crafty+ Pros and cons?

AK47 AMI

I have been looking for a thread about the crafty+ but the only ones I can find really don't tell me what I need to know? Is this a good vape for medical reasons? Decent parts? Does it have a plasticky taste like an inferior Chinese vape which is what I'm trying to avoid and would like to preserve my health?? What are the major pros and cons for this and is it worth getting? Waiting for a tinymight but might be waiting forever! Please advise if anyone knows, thank you and much appreciated 😀

AK47 AMI,
Reactions: LesPlenty

darbarikanada

this might help answer some of your questions, but people have different sensitivity to plastic taste, so you'll get different opinions on that. the mighty and crafty are known for cool vapor, which might pertain to your health (hot vapor might irritate some people's lungs). convection vapes like the tinymight generally make hotter vapor, but people report getting cooler vapor from convection vapes by using long glass stems.

troy, who did the review below, also reviewed the tinymight a while back, and I don't think I've ever seen him cough so much. it was his first review of it, so he probably hadn't totally mastered it, plus he's into big clouds, probably didn't try to figure out how to get cool hits.

one last thing: mighty and crafty are graded as 'medical devices' in Germany; from everything I've heard, these 'medical grade' vapes are the same as the ones sold everywhere.

you're probably better off with mighty/crafty than a budget Chinese vape if you're concerned about materials. IMHO.

darbarikanada,
Reactions: LesPlenty

AK47 AMI

Thank you, I'm currently looking at the splinter and 510 mod box... If I get that and the cooling pipe then should be ok I think....the other option is the tinymight, I'm guessing both are very good quality medically from what I'm hearing/reading too? And fit my needs well 😉

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I never liked my Mighty, never really liked the taste and I take Troy's comments about flavour with a grain of salt as he is a combuster too...yet I saw him doing herb in the Switch and complaining profusely about the terrible smokey taste so go figure...his videos are still very informative in every other aspect. :2c:
Another main con of the Crafty+ is battery size and management, no USBc charging is a joke for something just released.
The Cragty+ does not come with the loading tool anymore either and I think it should due to the poor design around the bowl that collects and hides any spilled grind (I never liked the aluminium capsules as the vape already has an aluminium bowl and heater!
The Mighty is only one of a handful of medically certified vapes but after VW diesel gate who would trust German testing...not me, I don't trust any corporation whose god is money.:2c:

Last edited:

Shadooz

The plastic CU give a bad taste even with "medical" grade plastic. I only use(d) my crafty with wpa.
They will be good couple of month before getting the airpath full of residu...
Hope u will have the luck to have an RMA, and so a new unit soon, and before the end of warranty...
Hope u will not have a melted plastic/fuse hit, as i get twice before rma..

I Get 4 units, now in the drawer...

blackstone

I haven't combusted in 5 or 6 years, and I agree with Troy and many others that S&B vapes have really great tasting vapor, so I hope that clears up any confusion:lol:
You'll find it hard to get these effects per gram from another portable this small and reliable!
As I heard a convection enthusiast say the other day, the Mighty was often too much for them.
That kinda performance can come in handy if you have not got lots to waste.
And as far as medical use it's comparatively pretty clean, the Mighty was the only one certified I thought, and IMO I would not consider the others mentioned to be medical as they don't isolate the airpath from a current carrying coil arrangement inside.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
My S&B Plenty is miles ahead of the Mighty on Taste, it is in my top 3 vapes...the Mighty is the only vape I have ever sold and I just had to fix up a warranty replacement for the guy I sold it to and the one he broke was a fairly new warranty replacement.

LesPlenty,

justcametomind

Imho the bigger pro of C+ (and every other S&B vape I tried) is the ability to never ever go near burnt flavor/pyrolisis while achieving optimal extraction.
Worst con is not being on demand and cooking the bowl while you don't sip. That would be ok too, if just heating time was a matter of seconds and not minutes. I'd remove the capsule while not vaping and the vape is still hot if I'm short on weed.
I went with all vapes on demand (TM and such) but especially with the artisanal ones I'm developing a scratchy throat that I've never had while using S&B products. That's because of me using high temps but otherwise I would have to stop vaping while there's still half the cannabinoids. Deciding where to stop is very hard for me and I liked when my S&B portable decided that for me.
I don't combust and I'm fine with S&B plastic taste, which is inexistent to me, imho the bad taste is given by reclaim stuck in the CU, but I'm fine with that too, and don't find it disturbing.

Last edited:
justcametomind,
Reactions: blackstone

AK47 AMI

Guys I've looked at the splinter and the splinter Z, anyone had any of these,they're a good on demand vape, they sound more to my needs and the reviews are great? Will just need to get a mod box and a decent cooling pipe? As Darkaribanada says the xl8r looks good!

AK47 AMI,

Vaporware

I don’t have either Splinter, but apart from being discontinued (and some design/build issues that don’t seem to bother most people) I think they’re solid choices. The Z has a bigger, more powerful heater but it also uses more power. You also need to be comfortable with using and possibly configuring a 510 mod, but it sounds like you are so you’d probably do fine with one.

@justcametomind A big difference between S&B and a lot of the artisan stuff is hybrid heating vs full convection. You inhale more hot, dry air with full convection especially if it’s not through water. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. :)

Vaporware,

AK47 AMI

Cheers all, I think I'm going to take the risk and wait and get the tinymight finally, it's only going yo cost me a little less for the splinter with modbox send pipe anyway so might as well go for it... Plus I've never used a modbox and sounds like it could be complicated lol, anybody get the cooling pipe with the tinymight, if so which one? I think I have an adaptor already for it which is an old phone adaptor? So may not need one of them either! 😉

AK47 AMI,
Reactions: Vaporware
Top Bottom