Cracked the inside of my illadelph coil

sad day, finally broke; I cracked the thing :( I would post pictures but I dont have a camera, it is a hairline fracture on the interior coil, no glycerine has leaked yet. What should I do?

mod note: If this is glass then it belongs in the glass section.

biojuggernaut,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
That sucks dude! How do you think the crack happened? Could it have been during your cleaning routine?

I wonder if the coil was still a little cold when you used warm water to rinse/wash it ou, which might have caused the crack. Otherwise, I don't know how it could have happened.

I wouldn't do anything with the illadelph now except look at it on your shelf, unless you can figure out how to get the glycerin out. Unless of course, you have the detachable coil, then you simply need to buck up and buy another, or you could cheap out and put a Hoss (gasp!) coil on it for half price.

notmyrealUSERname,
Uh, I fuckin broke the thing messing around with vapor rigs. Shoving whips and the such inside the illadelph tube I hadd it coming for two years, just always thought I was gonna drop it - not some measly shit like this :uhoh:

Oh well though, I might still use it till it dies at this point since this morning no glycerine leaked out, there is just a crack on the tube :(

biojuggernaut,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey bio why dont purchase glass repair kit ? I think there was some thread about leaking vapor tamer.. I will check the search engine if i can find smth :).
Anyway i think you can search for a glass blower too.. I think that there even might be some guys on FC that can handle the repair..guide you trough or point you someone.. If it was me.. i would check with Calen the maker of the Gnome.. not that he said he is making repairs but he is the only glass blower i know around that makes custom stuff other than cleardome

Abysmal Vapor,
I just contacted apathy. Thanks for good looks AV. A really big bummer but it might not be leaking. I can't tell.

biojuggernaut,
Top Bottom