Could someone recommend me a first desktop?

Hey, I'm interested in buying my first desktop but after looking at all the available options I'm starting to get a headache.
Since I vape inside(no smoking policy) only a couple times per week with a portable(Solo II), I'm a bit cautious of the big increase in smell a desktop could produce.
Those log vapes I read about sound perfect for my needs but I live in Germany so it doesn't look like I can get my hands on one of those.

Discreteness aside, my budget would be around $200, everything else doesn't matter too much.
So far I have my eyes on the Arizer Extreme Q because of its versatility, would that be a good choice or are there better options?

Price: ~$200
Delivery system:
At home, mostly alone
Efficiency:
Doesn't matter
Manufacturer:
Because I live in Germany, any that even ship here is fine
Stealth: Low smell amount would be of high priority, the vape itself can stay out in the open
Learning curve: Doesn't matter
Temperature control: Doesn't matter​

SkidaddleBadaddle,
Reactions: LesPlenty

HighVapeEnthusiast

Maybe the woodscents you’re able to get in France? But not for 200€….
Is diy an option?
Something like a pinky or so?
The smells depends mostly on the amount of herb and the herb itself you use in my opinion.

:peace:

Maybe the woodscents you’re able to get in France? But not for 200€….
Is diy an option?
Something like a pinky or so?
The smells depends mostly on the amount of herb and the herb itself you use in my opinion.

:peace:
The woodscents look impressive but with that price I definitely have to think twice about buying one. What benefits do they have over other vapes at that price range?
Because I'm a beginner to desktops, diy seems really intimidating, so I'd prefer to buy something premade.

I’d recommend you check out the TinyMight. It is an on-demand portable, but produces thick vapor within seconds. IMO, TM>Arizer EQ. Also, It is also readily available in Europe.
Since I already have a portable I'm afraid that I end up neglecting that one once I have a better vape. The tinymight being on-demand caught my interest, though.

SkidaddleBadaddle,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Why getting a desktop vape if you vape just twice a week?
If you think a log vape would suit you you could get a corded minivap which has a similar footprint and great flavor. 100€ cheaper than woodscents
Sorry I phrased that wrong. I vape daily but mostly outside, only inside like twice a week which would change of course after buying a desktop.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
https://lacentralevapeur.com/en/fixed-vaporizers/19-life-saber-vaporizer-2020-or-lsv.html If you looking to get it used with water LSV
If you want a stand dry use
FC13LCV10 discount code LSV is 170 /DBV is 188 and ship free
You can aslo get a bubbler in the price range if you dont have one to pair with your LSV.
You better ask if the water pipe adapter is included in the kit before that ,though.

Last edited:

beluga808

What about the Heat Island log vapes? Should fit your price range, even including customs / tax.
This is his website.

Those log vapes I read about sound perfect for my needs

What exactly are your needs? Maybe there's something else than a log vape that could suite you...

Last edited:
What about the Heat Island log vapes? Should fit your price range, even including customs / tax.
This is his website.
I came across them, they absolutely caught my interest but I'm not really sure if they get shipped to here. Guess I'll email the seller!

https://lacentralevapeur.com/en/fixed-vaporizers/19-life-saber-vaporizer-2020-or-lsv.html If you looking to get it used with water LSV
If you want a stand dry use
FC13LCV10 discount code LSV is 170 /DBV is 188 and ship free
You can aslo get a bubbler in the price range if you dont have one to pair with your LSV.
You better ask if the water pipe adapter is included in the kit before that ,though.
I definitely want one for dry use, the DBV hasn't fully sold me yet but I'll keep it in mind as that's the first European website I see that sells them :lol:

What exactly are your needs? Maybe there's something else than a log vape that could suite you...
The only reason I thought log vapes would suit me is because I read that some also can do aromatherapy at the same time, thus resulting in less smell. Frankly though, I don't see any other major benefits they would provide so maybe I have a wrong lead.

I guess my only needs would be having something hard-hitting for home while also staying somewhat discreet.
I tried a volcano with a bag once, giving me a heavy-hitting high that I would be looking for. But while I like the flexibility of just walking over to a window with the bag in hand, I think over time I'd rather stick with something like a whip.

SkidaddleBadaddle,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
The only reason I thought log vapes would suit me is because I read that some also can do aromatherapy at the same time, thus resulting in less smell. Frankly though, I don't see any other major benefits they would provide so maybe I have a wrong lead.

I guess my only needs would be having something hard-hitting for home while also staying somewhat discreet.
I tried a volcano with a bag once, giving me a heavy-hitting high that I would be looking for. But while I like the flexibility of just walking over to a window with the bag in hand, I think over time I'd rather stick with something like a whip.
DBV can be used with essential oils via aroma top.
It also can be used to vaporize concentrates ,but you have to buy extra attachments.
If you gonna spend over 200 ,it might be better to look at the Herborizer Ti with the sherlock stand, they got nice prices on it too.
Best side of logvapes ,is they are durable as hell,but their bowl capacity is small compared to DBV,and you know when it comes to heavy hits, more is more..
Edited:
Maybe it is also worth to take a look at the ditanium if you are looking to do concentrates too.

Last edited:
DBV can be used with essential oils via aroma top.
Well now you got my interest, maybe this will be the vape to go for.

It might just be their website but Herborizer seems to add a lot of tax, so I don't see anything cheaper than 350 from there.
And concentrates I won't worry about until my country starts to legalize :D

SkidaddleBadaddle,
What portable do you use now? If it's any kind of session vape consider upgrading to a TM. With a nice j-hook and/or a bubbler the hits are big and fast without the tether of a power cable or the slow heatup time of most desktops
Currently I use an Arizer Solo II, so getting something on-demand would probably be best, though I don't really mind heatup time.
The more I look at the Tinymight however, the more it interests me, so it will probably end up in a decision between this and the DBV.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Currently I use an Arizer Solo II, so getting something on-demand would probably be best, though I don't really mind heatup time.
The more I look at the Tinymight however, the more it interests me, so it will probably end up in a decision between this and the DBV.
Yeah, fuck the Solo II with its small, slow heater and tight draw resistance.

The TM's stainless steel cooling unit in the included short stem robs flavor so get a j-hook or bubbler to use at home. The TM is great for temp stepping: take one hit at 4, 5, 6, and 7 on the dial and you'll likely be close to done. It's just so much more powerful and versatile than what you're used to.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Guten Tag! Maybe write a bit more about *why* it has to be a desktop, because I don't really see why you wouldn't look in both categories. A portable device would also be more ideal when you're worried about smells because it lets you sit and stand wherever you want when you vape (for example closer to the window). Well, you *do* say you fear neglecting your Arizer, but does that really make sense? :-) The Tinymight would indeed blow the Solo out of the water performancewise, however, they are very different and could be used for different scenarios (TM: hard & fast, Solo: slower sessions). So either it's a massive upgrade or they complement each other. As vapers we explore new devices and shouldn't cling to old tech just for the sake of it.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
My favorite desktop is a log from Germany (CouchLog) but it might be out of your price range.

I agree with @Siebter , we probably need to know why you want a desktop. In my experience they absolutely put out more vapor and thus smell more while in use. Also you are typically tethered by the power cord so you can't choose a different spot if needed, without some hassle.

Tinymight seems like a good upgrade in any case. I agree with the Heat Island suggestions, although I don't have one yet. You might also consider building a Highlighter, that should be easy enough to obtain the parts and stay in budget.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah @SkidaddleBadaddle if you are using a solo, the tinymight will be a big upgrade, more of a mobile desktop... However yes I highly recommend heat island from Alan, it is one of the best simplest purest log vape designs and it can be had for the least amount of money when you email him to ask what he has in stock ready to go, indeed he does ship internationally (bamboo body units are the cheapest, you can get a complete set up for under $150)

I was mainly fixated on desktops because my thought process was simply big vapes = big clouds. Never would I have thought that a small device like the tinymight would be so strong but after watching a couple of videos I was convinced otherwise quickly.

Luckily a kind member offered me a log vape which I'll most likely be choosing but regardless, thanks everyone for the replies!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was mainly fixated on desktops because my thought process was simply big vapes = big clouds. Never would I have thought that a small device like the tinymight would be so strong but after watching a couple of videos I was convinced otherwise quickly.

Yes yes portables have come a long way! There are a lot of very powerful pure convection on demand vapes, that are essentially battery powered logs, honestly most of them outperform the logs in my experience... All depends on your needs though and usage style (check out torch powered vapes like StickyBricks style btw for impressive performance cloud-wise without needing any large size!)

Luckily a kind member offered me a log vape which I'll most likely be choosing but regardless, thanks everyone for the replies!

That's great! So many nice members here, welcome btw, hope you stick around :tup:

PeteyS

I bought the Arizer Vtower for my first, and possibly only desktop.
You see, My vape room might only be temporary, and i might have to eventually go back to smoking outdoors, so i didn't want to invest too much money on a desktop.
The Arizer Vtower hit the bill perfectly. Low price point, and good-enough performance. They use under 50watts, so I can power it with my Jackery battery bank if i really wanted too. Never tried it, but might be fun.
Pete.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I live in Germany
I definitely want one for dry use
big vapes = big clouds
The Plenty by Storz $ Bickel, made in Germany, tastes great dry and loaded to the brim can knock your sock off.
That said it is not for everyone as it takes a while to heat up and can hold A LOT of herb per bowl to perform at its best, I never liked the bowl reducer or capsules for it myself.
The TM is also a good option by the sound of it, pretty well all owners love them.

Top Bottom