Couch Log vs Herborizer Ti - Hash Sessions

the_hexx

Team Hash
Hi all,

It's been a while since I fed my VAS, last time around it was with the mighty Vapbong. I am a dedicated hash (Euro-style) enthusiast, and after being advised on here that the Vapbong would suit my hash needs I decided to take the plunge. Fast forward a few months, and I can safely say that the Vapbong is my favourite device for vaping hash, even surpassing more hash-specific vapes like the Vapman.

I have narrowed down the search for a new vape and the contenders are Couch Log and Herborizer Ti. I know that these are totally different beasts but if any of you has experience with hash on these devices and believe that there is a clear winner between the two, then I would appreciate your feedback!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I use both with hash and have found myself reaching for the CL the most, to the point of no longer using my Herbo for hash. It's mostly because CL just handles it very well with my glass lined stem that uses the stainless herb chamber (although the stem itself has been a bad choice for me quality wise, I would probably have been better off with the glass bowl). CL heater is just very nice with even heat retention during the hit, this allows for a pleasant extraction.

Herborizer I like more with herb, or for hash it needs larger doses for nice experience (.13 and upward) and I am currently doing smaller doses. There's a microdosing bowl though (not sure if that's what they call it) and people like that with hash and it would probably allow smaller doses as well.

Herborizer with all its glass (which I've had some annoying experience with the quality) and exposed heat, I am not comfortable leaving it on all day. CL is no problem. This also makes it easier for me to reach for CL naturally.

So CL is for me the winner for hash, but keep in mind I haven't made use of their respective versatility.

(I'm also in Europe and I use Moroccan hash)

Oh and I use both of them exclusively through my water pieces and my Prophet.

And use a bed of vape wool

GoldenBud

the Couchlog because it has a smaller bowl.. with larger bowl you need to keep the hash in place etc'.. there's more place and surface area in the bowl so the hash can lose mass/potency because the bowl is bigger

my opinion ? get UD SC3+ for hash at 11.5 with the GonG. so pure! why? because of the smaller bowl ;)

condition

I use both with hash and have found myself reaching for the CL the most, to the point of no longer using my Herbo for hash. It's mostly because CL just handles it very well with my glass lined stem that uses the stainless herb chamber (although the stem itself has been a bad choice for me quality wise, I would probably have been better off with the glass bowl). CL heater is just very nice with even heat retention during the hit, this allows for a pleasant extraction.

Herborizer I like more with herb, or for hash it needs larger doses for nice experience (.13 and upward) and I am currently doing smaller doses. There's a microdosing bowl though (not sure if that's what they call it) and people like that with hash and it would probably allow smaller doses as well.

Herborizer with all its glass (which I've had some annoying experience with the quality) and exposed heat, I am not comfortable leaving it on all day. CL is no problem. This also makes it easier for me to reach for CL naturally.

So CL is for me the winner for hash, but keep in mind I haven't made use of their respective versatility.

(I'm also in Europe and I use Moroccan hash)

Oh and I use both of them exclusively through my water pieces and my Prophet.

And use a bed of vape wool
So before I buy Moroccan, you just use a bit of vape wool at the screen of the Couchlog's basket?

And you are finishing the load through glass in one draw, as with dry herb? Do you have to set the temp higher or draw harder? Because the hash has less volume from the weed, so the load has to be elevated with the vape wool, to come closer to the heater? Also the prophet is not a water pipe, just dry glass?

condition,

the_hexx

Team Hash
I have tried several methods vaping hash, including the one Abele describes above, here's my favourite for the Vapbong and Dynavaps:

I use scissors to cut hemp fiber, crumble my hash to small pieces and then tumble it in a hemp fiber-covered surface until each little piece gets covered with it. I end up with 6-8 little hemp-fiber covered mouse turds for each session, that's the amount that works for me. By the way the Vapbong bowl is massive and these don't even cover the whole screen, but works like a charm.

I realise that this is a bit laborious, but the results are fantastic.

GoldenBud

I already have a bag of vape wool. The hash has to be as close to the main unit as possible, or it doesn't matter?
Also you load hash in one piece or smaller pieces are better?
hash is very sticky, trying my best for pieces.. haha..
bho pieces.. very minimal dose each time..

GoldenBud,
Reactions: condition

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

So before I buy Moroccan, you just use a bit of vape wool at the screen of the Couchlog's basket?
Yes.
And you are finishing the load through glass in one draw, as with dry herb?

Depends on the glass. My recycler pretty much demands clearing the bowl in one draw (depending on dose also of course) because it requires strong draw. But in most pieces I can vary and stretch it out.

Do you have to set the temp higher or draw harder?

I don't really temp step with my CL. I use 6.5 for herb and 7.5 for hash. Draw is similar.

Because the hash has less volume from the weed, so the load has to be elevated with the vape wool, to come closer to the heater?

I definitely like to have the heater close to the material so the lifting effect of the vape wool is very welcome.

Also the prophet is not a water pipe, just dry glass?
Correct although you could use it with water (I haven't tried myself)
Also you load hash in one piece or smaller pieces are better?
I do smaller crumbles which helps the heating of the hash. I use a poke tool between hits to loosen up the material.

condition

Yes.

Depends on the glass. My recycler pretty much demands clearing the bowl in one draw (depending on dose also of course) because it requires strong draw. But in most pieces I can vary and stretch it out.

I don't really temp step with my CL. I use 6.5 for herb and 7.5 for hash. Draw is similar.

I definitely like to have the heater close to the material so the lifting effect of the vape wool is very welcome.

Correct although you could use it with water (I haven't tried myself)

I do smaller crumbles which helps the heating of the hash. I use a poke tool between hits to loosen up the material.
thanks for your detailed reply, I will try to test it during the weekend. I see you like high temp, 6.5 for herb :tup: I have combusted a couple of times with high temp and small load. Once I even saw flame coming through the glass injector.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

thanks for your detailed reply, I will try to test it during the weekend. I see you like high temp, 6.5 for herb :tup: I have combusted a couple of times with high temp and small load. Once I even saw flame coming through the glass injector.
I believe there's some variances in temperature, although combustion is possible at those temps I have found hehe.

I just remembered I use herb between 5.5 and 6.5 depending on the bud. (Haven't used it with herb in Some time,)

condition

Hey, so I got a semi premium concentrate, kind better of Moroccan. I tried it already twice and gives a full, reach vapor without resistance.
Once I overloaded, passed the first ridge of the loading chamber and some concentrate remained on the ridge of the heater. So I don't have load pass the the narrow space of the loading chamber?

Also my vape wool's instructions read to mix the wool with the concentrate before loading. Have you tried this way? the loading space is limited, does the hash has to be on top?

And finally, do I throw the vape wool after each use, or I can load new hash on top and it doesn't get clogged?

condition,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I tried it already twice and gives a full, reach vapor without resistance.

Nice!

So I don't have load pass the the narrow space of the loading chamber?
Correct

I use the tamper tool to level the load with the ridge in the herb chamber and make sure the edges are free of any material, also seems to lower risk of combustion. It's ideal because with the sunken heater screen the heater is as close as possible to the material.

It's the main reason I haven't gotten the glass bowl yet, because from what ive read doesn't seem to offer that advantage. I have ordered a Phase3 bowl that should fit, so I'll be able to do some experimenting.

Also my vape wool's instructions read to mix the wool with the concentrate before loading. Have you tried this way? the loading space is limited, does the hash has to be on top?
I haven't done this, topping the wool with a layer of hash is perfect for me. Some concentrates might favor this mixing method, but with the hash I use I don't think it makes sense unless with something like Vapman. I do use vape wool sandwich on my butane vapes. With CL I just use one layer of crumbled hash on top of the vape wool, it handles small doses very well.

And finally, do I throw the vape wool after each use, or I can load new hash on top and it doesn't get clogged?

This is why I use 2 layers of vape wool. After a session I'll throw out the top layer with the hash residue, and for my next session I'll put the bottom layer of the previous session on top. So recycling the wool once.

condition

It's the main reason I haven't gotten the glass bowl yet, because from what ive read doesn't seem to offer that advantage. I have ordered a Phase3 bowl that should fit, so I'll be able to do some experimenting.
Thanks for detailed reply. Are you using the glass m/p from the manufacturer or the regular mouthpiece? I ordered both glass bowl and glass mouthpiece and the loading chamber inserts similarly to both, stops at the o-ring (which sits on the outer ridge). Or you load the chamber directly to your glass, to the 14 mm downstem?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Thanks for detailed reply. Are you using the glass m/p from the manufacturer or the regular mouthpiece? I ordered both glass bowl and glass mouthpiece and the loading chamber inserts similarly to both, stops at the o-ring (which sits on the outer ridge). Or you load the chamber directly to your glass, to the 14 mm downstem?
Do you use the herb chamber with the glass bowl? I thought it was meant to fill with the herb directly and then inject the heater tube.

I have only used the glass lined stem myself.

Top Bottom