Converting Normal e-cigs to Cannabis Concentrate Vaporizers

Valvolean

Modnote: Title changed to facilitate discussion. :)

Mistic - $7.99 BHO Wax e-Cig (title changed)

I have a number of e-cigs that I use:

Mistic $7.99 - 1 Large Battery, 1 cart, lots of smoke and good battery life.
Cigarex $59 - One Large Battery, 3 carts
Cig2O $25 - one battery, good smoke, decent battery life.
No.7 $59 - 2 batteries, 6 carts
Vapure $100 - Two small battery and small diameter. Doesn't last long. Don't waste your money!

Got 3 grams of local BHO wax and started experimenting.

After a few hours of tinkering I am glad to announce that I have the following loaded with about .5 grams BHO wax each.

Mistic, Cig2O and No. 7 have been successfully retrofitted and are providing great quality, pure BHO vapor. My recommendation would definately be the Mistic. You can pick one up with battery and full cart for $7.99 or pay $29.99 for the Starterpack and get the USB charger and 4 more carts:

http://www.misticecigs.com/

My Cig2O and Cigarex e-cig USB chargers will both charge my Mistic so it appears that the fittings are pretty common. I have some video of the whole process.

Valvolean,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I see - that looks cool.

With all the e-cigs_converted_to_concentrate_vapes out now, this seems like it would be easy to do, what's your secret?

And, welcome to the board! :)

sessnet,

Valvolean

sessnet said:
I see - that looks cool.

With all the e-cigs_converted_to_concentrate_vapes out now, this seems like it would be easy to do, what's your secret?

And, welcome to the board! :)

I removed the fiber roll, put enough back in (about 1/4"), and to the bottom to act as a wick. I then just used a piece of metal coat hanger to drop some dabs in. Careful to make sure it slides down the side and there is a clear path for air to get through just add a dab and blow very gently back trough the distal end of the cart.

There is usually an isolator tube running a majority of the length of the cart. Try and keep it in when you remove the fiber roll. If it comes out just stick it back in and use a dab of BHO to stick it in place. Don't fill the carts higher than the top of the isolation tube.

Update: It seems that after at least 300 puffs the first cart for the Mistic quit working. It was running low and I tried cramming the coat hanger in too hard. In the cart there is a heating element that is wired from the nozzle to the barrel of the cart. I didn't know how all this worked until now and will be more careful with the "heating element" inside the cart.

They all pretty much work they same and all work well.

Valvolean,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Can't wait to see the video(s)!

I have a few new e-cigs laying around I didn't want to use, since I only use one.

If I could transform them into super-stealthy vapes - that would be mindbending.

This seems like an amazing way to save money and be stealthy. I mean, who would expect anything - if you had two of them in your pocket, the only difference - one of them had something different inside... :brow:

sessnet,

Valvolean

Using my No. 7 e-cig loaded with BHO now. So far, I would say that I liked the draw of the Mistic better but it could easily be a quality control problem on my part.

This cart is constructed a bit differently. The isolation tube runs the entire length of the cart and actually connects the nozzle to the cap. The tube is split at the nozzle end I guess so that VG could get into the tube. I have a hunch that the tube is going to have to come out but we will see.

Failure:

They don't all work the same. No. 7 started failing and after taking apart the cart it was apparent why. A large silicone spacer/seal sits between the heating element and the cap of the cart for the No. 7. I can see how the heat needed to vaporize the BHO might be higher than the e-juice. This one maybe isn't such a good design for modification. The Mistic has a metal nozzle welded via a heating element to the barrel that you have to watch for but has a nice Viton "O" ring that should be able to withstand the heat.

I got the No. 7 at a truck stop and have never seen them again.

Valvolean,

anmclark23

wonder if the blu cigarette would be a good candidate...

it illuminates a blue light at the tip like the cherry of a cig...not to mention cool look, feel, etc...like 10 bux as a disposable and Dr. Oz recommends them...

i only seen them at walgreens, meijers and online, but personally its the best i tried

video?

anmclark23,

Valvolean

The disposables don't utilize a rechargeable battery to my knowledge. Just order the $15 starter pack from Mistic. I know they work. Two of my Mistics got loaded with about 1/2 g each of BHO and vaporaized every bit of it. I doublt the heating element holds up for another charge though. I have taken apart about 5 different brands now and the atomizer/nebulizer configuration is slighly different in all of them. This cheap Mistic only has a heating element with no atomizer to get clogged. I have another Cig2O that is also loaded an producing with an atomizer/nebulizer combo. I am saving for Sunday.

Valvolean,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i'll bite the bullet, but concentrate is damn expensive to waste if it won't work.

OO,
Top Bottom