Convection vape w good battery

ive_ana

I'm looking for a portable pure convection vape that has a battery that lasts as long as the Solo II. Also hoping it costs under $200. Any suggestions?

ive_ana

Doesn't exist, you're going to have to sacrifice some of these requests, and list more requests to get better suggestions...
I thought that price point would be wishful thinking. Is there anything at $300? Other than those two must haves I'm open to suggestions. I'm just tired of charging batteries after a evening of use. OG Hopper was my first vape & like the taste. I have a few conduction vapes. I got suckered into getting the AirVape Legacy & it has good battery life but is too finicky.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Check out Tinymight (pure conversation) and Firewood7 (hybrid but much more powerful and efficient than Solo) both my top two portables these days, both on demand with regulated battery powered temp control... RBT Milaana as well, for an unregulated pure convection on demand option (it is more manual less automatic) while TetraP80 is probably out of your league (price wise and tough to aquire) Oh and it's also worth looking into a plug-in log vape, if you are using at home, Heat Island are great and can be had starting at around $50 if you email Alan@toasty-top.com

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
510 unit or splinter I love a stempod but that took some time,practice and learning to make coils........all pretty easy and worth doing.
😉

Oh yeah good point, if there is no aversion to tinkering, StemPod could be the cheapest convection on demand portable available what's the best battery life! Some Splinter still available with Milaana I believe too...

cptofnthng

i would say there is no super sturdy convection vape. but quite a few with replaceable batteries.. that should sort out youre longings on that front.
you can also never go wrong with a Lotus, a tafee bowle (4 bowls per charge, 1 hour recharge) or a tinymight. i personally love the variety. but once the OAB is up and running, all other vapes pale and stay put.
also someone mentioned the minivap, im quite sure its not convection, hybrid at least. Problem with convection vapes afaik is that theyre pulling a lot of energy at once when heating. while conduction vapes can slowly lower the batteries power and therefore battery lastw longer in General. minivap is a battery beast btw. arizer vapes too, but i couldnt use them anymore. correct me If im wrong (Not about arizer, but the discharging).

GoldenBud

also someone mentioned the minivap, im quite sure its not convection, hybrid at least. Problem with convection vapes afaik is that theyre pulling a lot of energy at once when heating. while conduction vapes can slowly lower the batteries power and therefore battery lastw longer in General. minivap is a battery beast btw. arizer vapes too, but i couldnt use them anymore. correct me If im wrong (Not about arizer, but the discharging).
the heater is usually much smaller and less heavier than the convection vapes.. that's how Solo II can prodive 9~ bowls

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Razhumikin

i would say there is no super sturdy convection vape. but quite a few with replaceable batteries.. that should sort out youre longings on that front.
you can also never go wrong with a Lotus, a tafee bowle (4 bowls per charge, 1 hour recharge) or a tinymight. i personally love the variety. but once the OAB is up and running, all other vapes pale and stay put.
Minivap has a pure convection option and a hybrid option

SkutFarkus

MMJ Patient
@ive_ana I’ve not tried it personally but based on troy time 420 Vape zone the boundless tera might be a good option. It’s all convection with dual replaceable 18650s. Pretty sure it’s $200 sounds like it might be just what you are looking for…

gangababa

I have an original Arizer Solo and a Boundless Tera, and was going to stay out of the conversation because the Solo battery is unbeatable.
However, I decided to quantify that knowledge by seeing how many sessions each gave on one full charge.

I ground up sufficient quantity of herb for the series of sessions to remove that experimental variable. I also used the two units in as exactly similar a manner as possible to reduce the users 'usage pattern' variable.
I have been using the Tera as a direct replacement to the Solo and use the same solo stems in both heaters. My Solo sessions start at #5 then jump to #7, and I cache the loads.

For the experiment, I alternated the Solo (at 5&7) and the Tera (at 200 and then 220 Celsius; the Solo reaches 210). Both had been overnight on the charger.
The results were seven Solo sessions and four Tera sessions. The Tera would not heat and turned off when I attempted a 5th stem.

A Solo stem works well in the Tera, reducing the load volume. Because the glass heats up, conduction does occur as is true of the Solo also.
Personally I consider the Solo to be more efficient at extraction but since many do not toast and toss ABV like I do, the noticeable (even to me) taste and delivery of the Tera may attract.

As to portability, It is large and is heavier than the Solo, and when using Solo glass has the same breakage issue. One may need to carry a second pair of batteries if the day is long. A long day away from home is possible with a backup battery set and a Storz & Bickel cassette of dosing capsules, using the plastic mouthpiece (remove the screen and cut about 1 mm off the gasket and place a 1/2 inch Solo screen inside between the plastic and gasket).

The Arizer Solo is simpler, basic; the battery best.

The Tera is more versatile, with multiple use modes, one-degree-step temperature settings and a high-heat mode.
Using Solo glass in the Tera requires the use of one or two hi-heat silicone "O" rings (Solo mod), but no other modification.
Curiously, I can use the original magnetic cover from the glass mouthpiece (removed) with one and only one of my accumulated stems.
All of the other Solo stems would require modifying the plastic-top hole.

GoldenBud

A 100% better thing than a big battery is an easily replaceable battery. That way you can keep as many spare batteries as you want charged, so you never run out of power.
That's why I saw somebody saying about his Crafty+, which he modded to be as a '18650 swappable batteries', like : "Open baggaged Crafty+ is the most beast portable ever"
and he may be not wrong..that sounds perfect for a portable..

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
That's why I saw somebody saying about his Crafty+, which he modded to be as a '18650 swappable batteries', like : "Open baggaged Crafty+ is the most beast portable ever"
and he may be not wrong..that sounds perfect for a portable..

Yeah, but you can get significantly smaller than that with an 18650 replaceable battery, like the TinyMight.

justcametomind

If you have a Solo 2 you are probably fine with its bowls size, other than battery capacity. If that sounds good I’d consider getting a Fury edge. And a small USB power bank. That was my choice when I needed vaping outside and needed a few hits. I wouldn’t go with artisans vapes for many reasons: they are faster to heat up than a Fury but are more fragile. You may be used with glass pieces on portables (I’m not), but having had a Solo 2 you probably wouldn’t like the risk of combusting with you new portable (Solo, Fury, and all the non artisanal vapes don’t ever combust). The Fury edge or the newer Rogue are imho a fair compromise for fast heat up even if they are not namely on demand. At the end of the day I get most of my fury in terms of portability, ease of use than my Tinymight. The Tm is faster heating up but it’s harder or impossible to clean and load while walking, not to talk about the risk of breaking a stem in the process, and be vapeless for the rest of the day.
I dropped my Furies countless times and still have to break one doing so.

Top Bottom