Connecticut Cannabis News

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Interesting! What's the time line on this? I'm not allowed to view the site from the UK and my bro lives in CT.

Cheebsy,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

A bill legalizing marijuana cleared the Connecticut House of Representatives on Wednesday; the measure could receive final approval in the Senate on Thursday

Following more than seven hours of debate, the Connecticut House of Representatives avoided a threatened gubernatorial veto and approved a revised bill that would legalize marijuana in the state.

The measure cleared the House by a largely party-line vote of 76 to 62. Twelve Democrats joined all but one Republican--Rep. Rick Hayes of Putnam--in voting no. The bill could come up for a final vote in the Senate as soon as Thursday.

1nd3cEnt

Patients of Connecticut's medical cannabis program can grow cannabis beginning October 1st, 2021. Medical patients at least 18 years of age are permitted to have 6 marijuana plants at home, 3 of which must be mature and 3 must be immature. Where a household has more than one registered patient, the law puts a limit of 12 plants per household.

All cultivated cannabis plants must be grown indoors within the patient's primary place of residence and must be hidden from children and teenagers, all under 21 years of age. Patients incur penalties if their cultivated crops can be seen from the street. Attempts to illegally sell cultivated crops to recreational and unregistered medical users can also be considered a felony. The law outlaws the use of medical cannabis to treat pets and other domesticated animals — if this provision is violated, Connecticut residents risk a Class C misdemeanor.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Connecticut's first Recreational Cannabis sales began last week, with a whimper.
The program is really different than in next-door New York or MA or even Rhode Island!

I'm in NY, but technically the closest legal store to me right now is Stamford CT.
I just looked at a menu and it's pretty disappointing.

There are seven stores (for now) in the state allowed this privilege, all were initially medical dispensaries.
In NY, med stores will wait for others to establish and only then they will pay up to 2 million dollars for licensing. NY is at least trying to give small businesses a leg-up.

CT has a 1/4 OZ. LIMIT per visit to the legal store. Are you fucking kidding?
I remember tobacco farms in Connecticut.

This is the appealing name of a $90/7g. (the least expensive flower they have),

Hybridol QR T23.36 17642 (AGL)​

vapviking,

Madtater

Connecticut's first Recreational Cannabis sales began last week, with a whimper.
The program is really different than in next-door New York or MA or even Rhode Island!

I'm in NY, but technically the closest legal store to me right now is Stamford CT.
I just looked at a menu and it's pretty disappointing.

There are seven stores (for now) in the state allowed this privilege, all were initially medical dispensaries.
In NY, med stores will wait for others to establish and only then they will pay up to 2 million dollars for licensing. NY is at least trying to give small businesses a leg-up.

CT has a 1/4 OZ. LIMIT per visit to the legal store. Are you fucking kidding?
I remember tobacco farms in Connecticut.

This is the appealing name of a $90/7g. (the least expensive flower they have),

Hybridol QR T23.36 17642 (AGL)​

It started with a whimper because CT was too stupid to open this when (or shortly after) mass did. I am in enfield and have been traveling to mass to purchase. Also, the taxes are higher than in mass (as usual)…..i will continue to go to mass until july when the rest if the dispensaries open up, or just start growing my own.

As for the name, i was expecting somethi by like that because the only dispensaries that are open right now in CT are hybrid (those that were medical that now sell adult use).

The entire process has been procrastinated, then rushed. CT doesnt do anything right.

Madtater

For those that live near me. This one is in my home town. Matter of fact, a buddy of mine used to own this outback until the rent got too expensive to maintain.

Good use of a vacant building. Great location being right off the highway and around food and a mall.

I prefer the more boutique dispensaries, but thats just me.

Top Bottom