Confessions of a Vapor-wuss

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Hello, My name is macbill, and I'm a vapor-wuss.

I can not handle dense, vaporous clouds of dope. Somewhere in my 56 years I've screwed my lungs up good. Could it be the 23 years of heavy cig smoking or 42 years of dope smoking? Possibly. I have an amazing grasp for the obvious.

Damn, I see some photos of encapsulated vapor on the 'net prior to inhalation, and it looks like rain clouds over the tropics: dense, and heavy - laden with vapor. If I tried that, my lungs would feel as if I inhaled spun glass.

I have a Volcano. Yeah, I know: waste of cash. But I had not done the research. Nevertheless, what I have to do is vaporize in stages. I do the first at 355. Then I regrind and do 400. If I went straight to to say, 388, I'd cough my head off. At least with what I'm smoking at the moment.

I have an I-inhale, too, and it too, gets a little coughy for me.

Anyone else have some vapor-wuss characteristics?

macbill,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
oh shit sorry to be the first one posting this but FUCK NO :p :lol: from time to time fatty clouds can get a bit rough but its usually pretty mild. but I have to give it to ya.....you roasted your self out.

There are times though where I can see what your talking about...if I get sick or something. That can make it hard to hit large clouds.

honestly wouldn't you want to invest in primarily making ganja treats? start rebuilding your lungs now...vapor is still a foreign substance invading them. :uhoh:

just my :2c: to make an attempt at helping you live a healthy life

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I rarely cough with vapor, but almost all of my smoker friends who come over do.

stickstones,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Beezleb said:
Have you tried chilling the vapor or is not due to heat?
No, I never have. It's worth a try, I guess. I suspect, rather, that I've abused my poor lungs. I should be happy I can hold a hit in at all.

macbill,

Beezleb

Some people have heat issues with vapor and if you just switched to vaping it may be an initial reaction to the change from smoking. It didnt hurt me but I felt a bit tingly for a short week, felt like my lungs were healing and I cleared alot of nasty lung stuff the firs part of a week after I started vaping.

Ahh, I see your using a volcano.

Question, do you use your filled bag right away or do you wait a bit after filling the bag before using. If you wait a few minutes for it to cool a bit does it affect your lungs the same as if the bag was just filled or is their a difference?

If its easier on you after cooling the vapor than perhaps looking into a wand type of vaporizer with ice or water or a running a whip vape through a water bong would be easier on you.

If heat is not an issue than perhaps you are right and your lungs are just roughed up. Before throwing in the towel I would do the following:

Get a check up and make sure nothing else medically is going on.
Take an extended break from smoking and vaping and make some edibles for a month or so and let your lungs heal up some, easier said than done as old habits are hard to break.
Try vaping again and cooling it first as much as you can after extended break.

Best of luck to you and I hope its just an initial thing.

Beezleb,

HoneyAir

stickstones said:
I rarely cough with vapor, but almost all of my smoker friends who come over do.
When something gets passed around and its 'out' by the time it comes back to them again, some develop the BAD HABIT of desperately needing to inhale far more than they can stand when it is their turn, resulting in their spewing into the air huge plumes of smoke [and all your dollars wasted on that overpriced bud] into the air.

If its their bag, no problem... if its mine... sheesh. They are NOT impressing me. :mad: This is NOT a competition, its something to relax with!!!

Macbill, are you able to take much smaller hits and hold them in longer instead? Combustion destroys THC in such a way that most of it is ingested when you inhale smoke, but with vapor the longer you hold it the more effect you get from it because there is so much in there.

If any amount of vapor bothers you though [and you are certain it isn't a reaction to how it tastes coming from a bag?] then I would take Beezleb's advice.

HoneyAir,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Macbill - I too am a vapor puss, I cannot take dry vapor and pretty much vape with water and ice every time, here's a pic of my favorite bong and its cooling effects for my throat and lungs

iceeuv.jpg

stonemonkey55,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
HoneyAir said:
stickstones said:
When something gets passed around and its 'out' by the time it comes back to them again, some develop the BAD HABIT of desperately needing to inhale far more than they can stand when it is their turn, resulting in their spewing into the air huge plumes of smoke [and all your dollars wasted on that overpriced bud] into the air.

If its their bag, no problem... if its mine... sheesh. They are NOT impressing me. :mad: This is NOT a competition, its something to relax with!!!

Macbill, are you able to take much smaller hits and hold them in longer instead? Combustion destroys THC in such a way that most of it is ingested when you inhale smoke, but with vapor the longer you hold it the more effect you get from it because there is so much in there.

If any amount of vapor bothers you though [and you are certain it isn't a reaction to how it tastes coming from a bag?] then I would take Beezleb's advice.
Yes. I find if I first vape at, say, 355 F until all the goodness is gone and then I regrind it and finish up at 390 F for a bag or two, I feel that I may be getting an equivalent of 1 load all at 390 F ,which sends me into spasms of coughing. It doesn't make a difference if its cooled down 10 minutes - there is a concentration of vapor that I cannot tolerate. I have all the time in the world: I don't mind taking more hits.

So I do it it in two stages.

Like that old vaudaville joke: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this"
Doc says, "Then don't do it"

macbill,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
stonemonkey55 said:
Macbill - I too am a vapor puss, I cannot take dry vapor and pretty much vape with water and ice every time, here's a pic of my favorite bong and its cooling effects for my throat and lungs

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9221/iceeuv.jpg
Damn, that's got to work great. Wouldn't it be great if someone figured out a completely Air/Conditioned vaporizor. I ain't askin' for much.

macbill,
Top Bottom