Concentrate Vape Pen

Which one you think is best vape pen for wax?

• Total voters

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I had the first PuffCo, thought it was alright. I think the PuffCo+ is an improvement without exposed coils but haven't tried one yet.

Edit: Let me elaborate beyond alright. Initially the taste was exceptional with the Exodus Cheese CO2 extract I was using in the device. As time progressed, that good taste wasn't quite as good anymore because of the exposed coils not ever getting clean. It would still be there for a fresh hit slightly but would fade quick which makes sense.

Moral of the story, look for something in which coils aren't exposed to the oils you'll be adding. This is why PuffCo improved their chamber and they say it can be cleaned with a Q-Tip.

Haven't used anything else you listed.

Last edited:

throwawaytre3s

I'm going to have to go ahead and throw the Yocan Evolve in there. It's built well and is simple, the atomizer part at least. Then pen itself died after a week, but that's fine, since it comes with a 510 adapter for a vape mod. The coils last a long time (I've gone through two in 2 months, with not so regular but still often enough use), and are easy to clean. Good airflow.

Baron23

I absolutely love the Linx Hynos Zero.....but for low temp concentrate vaping mostly. I have DT 2.5 and 100W TC mod, I have Galaxy, I also just bought and have been running a Liger Banger 2.0 and enail.

But if you at all like sipping on concentrates, the Hypnos Zero is a well made piece of work. On highest setting you can still get thick clouds (not hot nail dab thick but pretty cool IMO) but if you drop down in temp a bit this is a very nice pen for sipping from.

Delta 3D Studios Grasshopper stand works well with with this pen also.

Vape-Jack Lee

I'm going to have to go ahead and throw the Yocan Evolve in there. It's built well and is simple, the atomizer part at least. Then pen itself died after a week, but that's fine, since it comes with a 510 adapter for a vape mod. The coils last a long time (I've gone through two in 2 months, with not so regular but still often enough use), and are easy to clean. Good airflow.
Thank you i will look into Yocan

Vape-Jack Lee,

subway13029

I second the Lynx and yocan..the yo an for big hits and the Lynx for consistent nice tasty rips...I wouldn't recommend any of the others..but that's my opinion..

GuyLeDuche

^ "Eat a bag of Dick's!"
The YoCan Evolve is a great unit, I use the ceramic donut coils and they work really well on a mod. I've tried many of the others (Dr.Dabber, Seegos, Gpen, Source Orb, and many others lol...) and have to agree that exposed coils are not the way forward for me. I see people saying "donuts for terps, dual coils for the big clouds" but what they are really saying is "vape with donuts, combust with coils" ;)

I just ordered a Divine Tribe 2.5 combo pack with the deep and shallow bases and a Pyrex mp ($30) , I think it will be another really solid option for a wax pen :)

EDIT: Also This looks like a pretty good deal to me, I had the Source before the Quartz Terras came out and they seem pretty good to me....

Last edited:

Baron23

The YoCan Evolve is a great unit, I use the ceramic donut coils and they work really well on a mod. I've tried many of the others (Dr.Dabber, Seegos, Gpen, Source Orb, and many others lol...) and have to agree that exposed coils are not the way forward for me. I see people saying "donuts for terps, dual coils for the big clouds" but what they are really saying is "vape with donuts, combust with coils" ;)

I just ordered a Divine Tribe 2.5 combo pack with the deep and shallow bases and a Pyrex mp ($30) , I think it will be another really solid option for a wax pen :)

EDIT: Also This looks like a pretty good deal to me, I had the Source before the Quartz Terras came out and they seem pretty good to me....
I did the same with DT plus has other of their stuff. The only piece I really haven't used or found a use for is the shallow base but I suppose if trying to load really sticky oils the shallow might be desirable. But for any shatter like stuff, I like the deep base as you get less splatter up in the MP.

Enjoy...hard to beat DT and a box for price, power, and features.

Eatrocks

What you think quartz, ceramic and titanium coil?

Ive never tried the donut coils, i remember when they were first introduced as ejuice coils for rdas...they didnt really catch on cause the slow heatup time and price.

Check out the w9 dual kiss cart for 510 mods, they are about 13 bucks each, thats all im gonna vape with for the foreseeable future. They can rip like a quartz with the right wattage. Quartz acts the same on all power levels to me, thats why i would pulse the button during a draw.

Eatrocks,
Reactions: Morty

jim-bob

Ive never tried the donut coils, i remember when they were first introduced as ejuice coils for rdas...they didnt really catch on cause the slow heatup time and price.

Check out the w9 dual kiss cart for 510 mods, they are about 13 bucks each, thats all im gonna vape with for the foreseeable future. They can rip like a quartz with the right wattage. Quartz acts the same on all power levels to me, thats why i would pulse the button during a draw.
You probably already know this, but if KISS coils are your jam you're much better off hitting up the 5-packs on oilvaporizer.com.

jim-bob,

Eatrocks

You probably already know this, but if KISS coils are your jam you're much better off hitting up the 5-packs on oilvaporizer.com.

Yea i was gonna mention that i saw a 5 pack of them for like 40ish?! are they the exact same???? Or clones.
Got mine from puffitup AND also recieved a box of strawberry nerds.

They are versatile for sure, the first couple uses i kept the wattage lower and had very light color claim splatter inside.

Eatrocks,
Reactions: waxdab23

jim-bob

Yea i was gonna mention that i saw a 5 pack of them for like 40ish?! are they the exact same???? Or clones.
Got mine from puffitup AND also recieved a box of strawberry nerds.

They are versatile for sure, the first couple uses i kept the wattage lower and had very light color claim splatter inside.
Yeah, the OV 'prime' cartridges are the w9 KISS cartridges. I've been really happy with the duals at 12.5w.

jim-bob,
Reactions: waxdab23

Eatrocks

Yeah, the OV 'prime' cartridges are the w9 KISS cartridges. I've been really happy with the duals at 12.5w.

Thats about where ive been setting mine, jumped up around 16w for some nice rips too.

I was surprised by the plastic materials but it seems to be similar materials to the mighty/crafty.

Only gripe is the mouthpiece is SOOOO flimsy, the o-ring is super weak but it not a deal breaker...probably rubbing a pinch of reclaim on the oring would help lololol.

Still got a 510 herc cart with one use on it, think i couls throw it on ebay after an iso bath?

Eatrocks,
Top Bottom