Concentrate Newbie: Where to Begin?

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Well I now see the nearest legal adult dispensary one state over has UKU High THC Cannabis Oil, Sira terp crystals, Sira shatter, and UKU Pure Wax. I've never tried any of these things and nobody in my crowd of old hippies knows about anything other than buds and hash. I've never even seen a dab rig or a mod other than online. I'm not sure where to begin, but I am ready to try!

So I just ordered an EZ Sai Kit from POTV with two coils and a wpa from Humbolt so I can try concentrates. Can I use the oil, crystals, shatter, and wax in this? Where should I begin in my experimenting?

PS: In addition to just wanting to have fun!, I'm looking in this direction because my lungs, after a lifetime of smoking weed and cigarettes, say Go Easy Please.(Haven't had a cig in 6yrs or smoked weed in 4yrs.) I tried edibles, but they are so hard to control the stone--either not stoned enough or crawling on the floor! So I'm back to flower and my lungs are still getting irritated. Several folks suggested that concentrates are purer and may be less irritating. So I'm here. Looking for fewer but more medicated hits.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If you want easy on the lungs I would recommend a banger and coil heater from Shane @710Coils with aa Auber RDK PID controller mated to a decent cheap bong, that Sai will not be so smooth.:2c:
You can also upgrade the banger with a ruby insert or similar once you get the bug.:tup:
But for now you were asking about the Sai, I use rosin in my TAF Sai with the quartz bucket...when I do.
I would recommend a Headbanger from here too as they are really cheap and quite easy on the throat if you keep the temp low and don't run them dry,
https://www.vaporl.com/airistech-headbanger-kit-1500mah.html:tup:

gratefulabe

Yea I haven’t used my TAF SAI with the buckets since I migrated to a 710 setup with a ruby insert. It’s not portable, but I don’t use much outside of the house and the SAI is ok for a small preloaded amount, but it’s a pain to put more in on the go so we usually just bring a full spectrum pen for those occasions.

shredder

I pretty much agree with all the posts. An enail is far and away your best option for using concentrates.

Portable concentrate vapes can get you buzzed for sure, but as they get dirty the good taste goes and the last hits are rough on the lungs.

I use a headbanger like @LesPlenty suggested and two sai's. In my sai's I use ceramic donut coils. The other coils don't work well for me and my old lungs.

With a decent enail you have much better temperature control and a smoother session.

And while I'm at it, you can get much more precise dosing using concentrates in medibles than using herb. And like most of us here I'm a big rosin fan. Something fairly easy to make at home.

Whisper

My first purchase was a Headbanger, the guys told me it was a worthy portable, it is. I use it for quickie hits.

We bought a Ditatium, to begin with. The safety features sold me. I feel like I may be missing something that the enail crowd is getting, but, I too was clueless. I have a friend that uses a big ass torch, with glass, cold start. I guess there is a lot of flavor that way, but, the torch? I can't be messing with a big flame, I burned myself repeatedly dropping vapcaps on my legs.

So there are many ways to consume. Like @shredder said, there is more than one way to enjoy concentrates.

Good luck, and keep reading. That's what I am doing, too. Thanks for the question.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Well I now see the nearest legal adult dispensary one state over has UKU High THC Cannabis Oil, Sira terp crystals, Sira shatter, and UKU Pure Wax. I've never tried any of these things and nobody in my crowd of old hippies knows about anything other than buds and hash. I've never even seen a dab rig or a mod other than online. I'm not sure where to begin, but I am ready to try!

So I just ordered an EZ Sai Kit from POTV with two coils and a wpa from Humbolt so I can try concentrates. Can I use the oil, crystals, shatter, and wax in this? Where should I begin in my experimenting?

PS: In addition to just wanting to have fun!, I'm looking in this direction because my lungs, after a lifetime of smoking weed and cigarettes, say Go Easy Please.(Haven't had a cig in 6yrs or smoked weed in 4yrs.) I tried edibles, but they are so hard to control the stone--either not stoned enough or crawling on the floor! So I'm back to flower and my lungs are still getting irritated. Several folks suggested that concentrates are purer and may be less irritating. So I'm here. Looking for fewer but more medicated hits.

The slightly cheaper, but not scrimping on quality option, is @LesPlenty suggestion. If you do get the bug and wanna go indestructible and all fancy, there is the T-Bucket from NewVape.

I've been on a years long mission to remove all irritation from my lungs, and removing all coughing from the dab experience, while still consuming as much as I want.

I'd def recommend going concentrates/banger/enail and a quality gem insert for the least lung irritation/most high/least amount of vapour equation.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Made it to the big ATG dispensary in Salisbury, MA. Supermarket sized and just as busy. I bought some shatter(Rugburn Og), rosin(Black Mambo), and a vape cart(Rude Boi). I intended to buy wax and not the vape cart, but the budtender highly recommended that I try a vape pen and cartridge. I bought what she thought was the best/strongest.

Tried the rosin in my brand new EZ Sai after a couple of burn offs. Fantastic and flavorful. Took two hits from the vape pen. OMG! I've been toking away for many years, mostly flower buds and rarely hash: These rosin hits and vape pen gave me the biggest tastiest hits I've ever experienced. Huge clouds and great taste from both. Can't wait to spend more time experimenting. I'm staying down on Cape Cod with friends who take a toke or two but aren't into it like me, so going whole hog into this stuff may have to wait until I get home next week. But a toke or two here or there will still be fun.

Interesting that all the products, which are packaged like they're from large scale national or international cannabis players and are from three different companies, are all produced in Mass. It must be part of retail legalization here to require local sourcing. I like it!

Top Bottom