Compatible vaporizer parts and accessories

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
This thread is intended to explore all the different pairings people have stumbled upon that involve mixing and matching of different vaporizer parts and accessories that can save money and enhance the vaping experience.

Discovering a metal, wood or glass part or accessory from one vape that works equally well or better with another is always an unexpected benefit. Most posts might not involve your equipment, but still may spark an idea that does. Looking forward to reading about what successful pairings others have found.

General questions about a particular vaporizer should be directed to already established specific vaporizer threads.

CAUTION: Manufacturers intend their vaporizers to be used with OEM parts or accessories only. Experimenting with non-OEM parts or accessories could void your warranty.

endof3d

The unexpected pairing that I want to share involves a Dynavap and a Flowermate V5 Nano. Thought the following might be of interest to those who own one or both. What I found was that the Nano could effectively heat up a DV on par with a torch or induction heater.

The Nano has a very deep but narrow ceramic oven that holds about .4 grams that all but swallows up the entire length of a exposed DV tip. The diameter of the DV tip is just slightly larger than a Nano’s flower capsule, but still easily slides in and out of the oven. When the oven is active, the inserted DV bowl is fully surrounded and in contact with heated surfaces and hot air from above.

The Nano’s heated bowl has the advantage of having many times the actual surface area and mass than the DV cap and tip alone. This results in the availability of considerably more heat calories for the on going extraction.

The Nano/DV pairing works on the same extraction principle as the Arizer portables do. The difference being that the Nano/DV is capable of producing much thicker and more satisfying vapor.

DSC00897.jpg

With a medium fine grind, a firm pack, and temps starting at 400F/205C with plenty of ceiling I am able to create good, repeatable results. Your experience may differ. The AVB is evenly extracted with no chance of combustion even at max temp. So far only experimented with three different Ti tips with the 21 VonG tip being the preferred.

Past the honeymoon phase now but still haven’t touched a torch or either of my two IH’s since coming across this pairing. Bought a second Nano as a back up and another for the wife. For travel I just pack an extra battery and a torch for insurance.

Pros:
Smaller and less expensive than most IH
No counting or adjustment of coil height
Single degree temp control to 446F/230C
Removable 18650 battery
Zero chance of combustion
Portable: Solid aluminum body that
closes tight for travel

Cons:
Typical portable vape heat up times
Battery life could be better
Robot fart smell when new
Butt ugly

Note: The FM V5.0, the V5.0 Pro and V5.0 Mini all use the same herb pods as the Nano, so it’s possible they work with the DV as well.

Last edited:

howie105

Matching different sized parts is usually the biggest challenge in part swapping for me. If the usual 14 mm and 18 mm adapters don't work it often turns into the folded silicone adapter approach. If that way doesn't work then something more involved is frequently required for example, recently I have been trying to turn my coil driven ELEV8R into a one hitter using a 14 mm (.05 g) rimmed screen. The first part was figuring out how to match the 9/16" heater body opening to the 6/16" male to male screen carrier that would seal well. Using a stepped bit I countered bored a pepper mill cap, coated the bare wood with high temp silicone sealer (tight fit & heat protection) and away we went.

David Root

The glass bowls from an Ispire wand will work with a Flower pot head.
A 3/4" titanium screen with the edges folded down a little fits perfect in the bottom and stays there.
The folded edges keep the screen from laying on the glass. Great Air flow.
I then put an O ring that came with the Ispire Dynavap kit on the outside of the bowl for a perfect seal.

Should work with all flower pot heads.

Also can use the Flower pot head as a log type vape with stem like Dynavap or toasty tubes.

David

VapurrDo

I turn beer bottle corks into vape adaptors ;)

the one I use connects the bong to the whip. it also serves as a kind of a down piece. A longer down piece can be made by gluing 2 corks together it just means a lot of cutting/sanding to make a small straw with it.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Though I am not a fan of S&B dosing capsules- due to their added draw restriction, my lack of dexterity in my fingers to open/close, and to lesser importance I just prefer to lessen the number of parts in my cleaning routine- it is mentionable that they are very much compatible with Aezhenn wood stems for use in P80s or Tubo Evic.

coolbreeze

Though I am not a fan of S&B dosing capsules- due to their added draw restriction, my lack of dexterity in my fingers to open/close, and to lesser importance I just prefer to lessen the number of parts in my cleaning routine- it is mentionable that they are very much compatible with Aezhenn wood stems for use in P80s or Tubo Evic.
Add a DLX One to a capsule and Aezhenn Tubo stem and you've got a really nice manual vapor pipe.

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
The unexpected pairing that I want to share involves a Dynavap and a Flowermate V5 Nano. Thought the following might be of interest to those who own one or both. What I found was that the Nano could effectively heat up a DV on par with a torch or induction heater.

The Nano has a very deep but narrow ceramic oven that holds about .4 grams that all but swallows up the entire length of a exposed DV tip. The diameter of the DV tip is just slightly larger than a Nano’s flower capsule, but still easily slides in and out of the oven. When the oven is active, the inserted DV bowl is fully surrounded and in contact with heated surfaces and hot air from above.

The Nano’s heated bowl has the advantage of having many times the actual surface area and mass than the DV cap and tip alone. This results in the availability of considerably more heat calories for the on going extraction.

The Nano/DV pairing works on the same extraction principle as the Arizer portables do. The difference being that the Nano/DV is capable of producing much thicker and more satisfying vapor.

View attachment 15262

With a medium fine grind, a firm pack, and temps starting at 400F/205C with plenty of ceiling I am able to create good, repeatable results. Your experience may differ. The AVB is evenly extracted with no chance of combustion even at max temp. So far only experimented with three different Ti tips with the 21 VonG tip being the preferred.

Past the honeymoon phase now but still haven’t touched a torch or either of my two IH’s since coming across this pairing. Bought a second Nano as a back up and another for the wife. For travel I just pack an extra battery and a torch for insurance.

Pros:
Smaller and less expensive than most IH
No counting or adjustment of coil height
Single degree temp control to 446F/230C
Removable 18650 battery
Zero chance of combustion
Portable: Solid aluminum body that
closes tight for travel

Cons:
Typical portable vape heat up times
Battery life could be better
Robot fart smell when new
Butt ugly

Note: The FM V5.0, the V5.0 Pro and V5.0 Mini all use the same herb pods as the Nano, so it’s possible they work with the DV as well.
Thank you for this. I have a Flowermate V5 Nano and never use it. I just got it out, and am going to try this.

Petetbay

The unexpected pairing that I want to share involves a Dynavap and a Flowermate V5 Nano.
I tried this with the DV tips in straight glass/wpa no air port and it worked good sometimes and sometimes not so good. Wasn’t sure of the problem so I put a IQ ceramic spacer(large one) in the bottom in the hope that when heated the cold air coming up thru the spacer would be heated and give some convection heat and you know works good every time now. Still weird to be pulling on a DV continuously like any other vape. Nice find. :bowdown:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I tried this with the DV tips in straight glass/wpa no air port and it worked good sometimes and sometimes not so good. Wasn’t sure of the problem so I put a IQ ceramic spacer(large one) in the bottom in the hope that when heated the cold air coming up thru the spacer would be heated and give some convection heat and you know works good every time now. Still weird to be pulling on a DV continuously like any other vape. Nice find. :bowdown:
Turns out I have the V5 Nano, and the V5.Os. The tips fit in both, so I'm going to try them both, with spacer. Just back to check instructions. I got that Stoner memory going on.
Thank you @StringTheorista, I ordered the silicone hookah grommets, and I'm sure I'll be using them for something.

endof3d

Odd. :hmm: My dear wife who has had difficulty operating (ie. producing vapor) from just about every vape I've handed her to try, had no difficulty - much to her surprise - producing satisfying vapor from this combo.

Try packing the bowl to the top and even over packing above the top with a fine grind and firm pack. Let the Nano heat up to preset temp - minimum 400F - and wait an additional 10 seconds. Take a small pipe puff to heat the flower. Then press the DV down into the oven tighter with air port closed while taking a draw. With this method I am able to get a MTL conduction hit or if releasing the pressure slightly get a conduction/convection hit.

Have you experimented at higher temps 430F or above. If my lungs where younger I think I could cache a full bowl in one or two hits. Hurts just thinking about it now. Note: CCD set to half bowl works just as well.

Petetbay

Odd. :hmm: My dear wife who has had difficulty operating (ie. producing vapor) from just about every vape I've handed her to try, had no difficulty - much to her surprise - producing satisfying vapor from this combo.

Try packing the bowl to the top and even over packing above the top with a fine grind and firm pack. Let the Nano heat up to preset temp - minimum 400F - and wait an additional 10 seconds. Take a small pipe puff to heat the flower. Then press the DV down into the oven tighter with air port closed while taking a draw. With this method I am able to get a MTL conduction hit or if releasing the pressure slightly get a conduction/convection hit.

Have you experimented at higher temps 430F or above. If my lungs where younger I think I could cache a full bowl in one or two hits. Hurts just thinking about it now. Note: CCD set to half bowl works just as well.
Yeah that is basically how I pack, it’s conduction so tight pack is good. I’m running ti tips, you running the steel? 1st few times was 400, now max 446F all the time and not very harsh, gets fully extracted. Haven't been vaping a few days so haven’t got back to it. I tried the same in the Argo and Ace, wasn’t as good a fit, Ace does 464F might need to play with it a bit. Nano does it pretty good I like running the DV wpa thru a j-hook, nice.

endof3d

@Petetbay Like everything about the Focus Vape; the form factor, removable battery and the 464F temp max.
Have only used three different Ti tips so far, thinking about digging out a 18 ss tip just to see if it makes a difference. See that you own a Rogue, curious if you've given the DV a try with the Accessories Attachment minus the screen?

Petetbay

@Petetbay Like everything about the Focus Vape; the form factor, removable battery and the 464F temp max.
Have only used three different Ti tips so far, thinking about digging out a 18 ss tip just to see if it makes a difference. See that you own a Rogue, curious if you've given the DV a try with the Accessories Attachment minus the screen?
Focus Vape I use mainly for hash/kief, sometimes herb w/Davini spacer, pretty well the same as the Nano. I tried the Rogue with the DV tip, didn’t know it fit, I use various custom stems with Simrell Stingers, as well as the Hula and Gnarly DV dimpled stems. Did like 5 loads with different DV stems, M19 w/Simrell Performance Kit was way too hot on the lips though it worked. Hula stem was also too hot worked good and I remembered the Gnarly which is 6” long, nice no heat problems and no matter which temp 365-430*F long 20-30 sec draws and was harsh and not really the hi density clouds like the Nano with shorter pulls, but it fully extracts really dark avb almost blackened in bits. Got pretty hi and went to sleep as I was coming off a little temperance break. Convection doesn’t work so good with the DV, I had tried in the V3Pro and the Tera before and neither worked very good.
A thing about the Focus Vape is the temp control will go past 464 and back to lowest temp # and same on the bottom temp so you can back the other way. Sometimes I might touch the up button when running at 464 and then realize you’re at the low temp when the heat drops off, usually run at 462 so it don’t lose heat accidentally. :cheers:

Petetbay,
Reactions: endof3d

coolbreeze

One of my most-used and very favorite vapes, my flame birch @Dreamwood DLX One with a couple different Lamart stems. The top one is made by @Aezhenn and requires a stainless steel S&B dosing capsule from @Ed's TnT. The green fumed Nub uses a basket screen by I'm not sure who. These both hit sooo nice!
IMG-0659.jpg

IMG-0666.jpg

Top Bottom