• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CO2 carts for 510 vapes

shredder

The dispensary nearest to me now has CO2 carts. I never tried any yet, don't know much about CO2 extractions, and thought I'd ask about them here. The price is about like a distillate cart.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
All I've had other than one distillate cart has been CO2 extracted resin. The CO2 cartridge tastes significantly better than the grey market distillate I had and smoother as well. However I never really liked any of the carts I had effect wise? This was some years ago and my only selection was indica or sativa both made from several strains in the batch. Made for a very blah experience, garbage in garage out! But things have significantly improved now, I can get strain specific carts.... Maybe things have gotten better? Might be worth investigating again especially now that my tolerance is a lot lower these days. Guess I might unretire my ccell palm 🤔

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Recently I tried a live resin cart to avoid the additives in the flavored distillates. It's ok to me at best. Maybe its the batteries I've used, but most of the time I find the hits to be harsh and the high to be similar. I also get neurotic about where to put the damn thing so it's not lying on its side or upside down for fear of leaking.

Around here, the half gram resin carts are $15 more than a full gram of a really good concentrate.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: shredder

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Recently I tried a live resin cart to avoid the additives in the flavored distillates. It's ok to me at best. Maybe its the batteries I've used, but most of the time I find the hits to be harsh and the high to be similar. I also get neurotic about where to put the damn thing so it's not lying on its side or upside down for fear of leaking.

Around here, the half gram resin carts are $15 more than a full gram of a really good concentrate.

I was looking up a cart I bought. “Raw Garden” brand. The labeling says “REFINED Live Resin”, the word in CAPS, “refined”. Read a whole article that a cart made in a distillation process CANNOT be “LIVE” anymore. Maybe in a homemade cart where you aren’t separating everything . Supposedly, this means they cannot just say “live resin”. Other brands could use other words in the label as well. I didn’t notice any difference from the other non “live” carts I have tried.

shredder

Around me in northern mi, there are about three levels of carts.

Cheap carts $19.80 for one gram, better distillate carts at $40-50 for one gram, and live resin from $33-65 for a half gram cart. And now one place has 2, one gram CO2 carts for $40. A orange dream sickle, and a guava (sp?)

Some of the cheaper $33 (freshcoast) live resin carts have cheap hardware and clog frequently. Certain element brand live resin carts can go for $60-65, but with better hardware.

Edit, I forgot pods. Locally there are stilzy, monster, pax, maximum pods for about $40 for a 1 gram distillate pod.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Some of the cheaper $33 (freshcoast) live resin carts have cheap hardware and clog frequently. Certain element brand live resin carts can go for $60-65, but with better hardware.

I thought it was a lot to pay $45 for a half gram live resin cart, but I will say that the hardware was well done. The mouthpiece, fittings and heater are all ceramic. The ceramic heater doesn't use a wick of any kind.

The only bitch was it didn't fit in my ccell palm. I bought that palm a year ago and hadn't used a cart since. I finally pick one up and the damn thing don't fit. Luckily I had an older 510 stick battery lying around.

I think I took it to the beach too many times now. It's about a month old and has sat in a hot bag a number of times. I'm guessing that is the main reason that I can take 3-4 big puffs and not get super high. BTW, the first time I hit that thing I took a drag like I was puffing my Terp Pen. I fucking damn near killed myself on one hit. I blew a throat burning cloud the size of fucking Cleveland.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Around me in northern mi, there are about three levels of carts.

Cheap carts $19.80 for one gram, better distillate carts at $40-50 for one gram, and live resin from $33-65 for a half gram cart. And now one place has 2, one gram CO2 carts for $40. A orange dream sickle, and a guava (sp?)

Edit, I forgot pods. Locally there are stilzy, monster, pax, maximum pods for about $40 for a 1 gram distillate pod.

My experience is you tend to get what you pay for. Not always, but a lot of the time.

Especially since “top shelf” has so much to do with hype these days rather than
quality.

Your market sounds similar to ours, basically $20, $50, and $70 price points - the old “three tiers to up sell” 😁

My favorite is the rosin pens of course, but they are $$$$$.

I notice cured resin is getting much more popular here as an option after the sea of live resin.

One tip when shopping for carts, IMO the lower the THC% the better. Anything really high tends to suggest excessive refinement. I like to stay in the 60% range if possible. This is usually where much of the flavorful ones are at; most shoppers miss out on these while looking for THC blowouts with the biggest numbers. Actually what you want is lower THC numbers but a high total cannabinoid % - this means there’s much more going on inside than just liquid Marinol.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was looking up a cart I bought. “Raw Garden” brand. The labeling says “REFINED Live Resin”, the word in CAPS, “refined”. Read a whole article that a cart made in a distillation process CANNOT be “LIVE” anymore. Maybe in a homemade cart where you aren’t separating everything . Supposedly, this means they cannot just say “live resin”. Other brands could use other words in the label as well. I didn’t notice any difference from the other non “live” carts I have tried.

Yeah raw garden dabs are nice, however the live resin sauce sugars and or diamonds are all nicer full spectrum than their refined live resin, though they charge more for that one bc of higher thc percentage levels, yeah it is just distillate with different marketing language... If I use it I will add those white crystals to the golden goo of the live resin for more full spectrum etc. For their cartridges so they are all refined live resin, distillate now it seems, I thought I remembered having regular live resin from them years ago though, the cartridges are still nice, but not quite like a rosin cartridge... CO2 oil cartridges used to be the standard, most distillate is made that way now, right? I'm just going to use up what I have and hopefully switch to Blue River Rosin next time! Have hardly been using cartridges since I'm not going anywhere lol

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I was always very underwhelmed with CO2 extractions. Didn't try a ton of different ones but flavor was always underwhelming from what I remember. Much preferred BHO and rosin/hash etc.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I was always very underwhelmed with CO2 extractions. Didn't try a ton of different ones but flavor was always underwhelming from what I remember. Much preferred BHO and rosin/hash etc.

A lot of processors winterize or distill co2 oil which takes most of the flavor away, but then call it co2 oil on the package for clean packaging reasons. If you can find some where it hasn’t been further refined it can be very tasty. One of my favorites was a Grape Pie that came in around 13% terpenes which is pretty solid for co2.

I'm just going to use up what I have and hopefully switch to Blue River Rosin next time!

Blue River is fire, I regret that my last cart purchase wasn’t one of theirs.... $70 for a half gram is some serious sticker shock for me but it’s probably the best truly portable vape experience I’ve ever had.

Top Bottom