Cloud or LSV

olivianewtonjohn

So I already have a solo and love it. In general I'm a light weight. I was thinking about getting a desktop vap and thought I should get something that could hopefully contrast with the solo (vs the eq or something). I mainly go through water. I know there is typically a large price difference but not in this case. I know there might even be a reliability difference. What I don't understand is the performance different. Could someone please let me know their experience? Going to be a nice bday present regardless of what I pick

EDIT: Should have specified cloud + vs LSV

Last edited:
olivianewtonjohn,

weedemon

enthusiast
the cloud is the superior vape for running through water (imo). but that also comes at a cost that is up to 3x as much as a LSV.

The LSV was my daily driver for a long time once my old cloud broke. I loved the LSV, especially through a water pipe. It did a great job, but then I got a sublimator and I put the LSV away. I have actually lent the LSV out to a friend to use instead.

now that I have my evo, the sub has been on standby. (for now while i learn what the evo is all about)

So a TLDR would be: the LSV is a great vape, but if you have the cash and are able to wait a month or 2 then i'd say go for the evo! Having a great standby vape isn't a bad idea either :) [no disrespect to the solo (i love mine) but it's not a "desktop" vape]

Liberty

now that I have my evo, the sub has been on standby. (for now while i learn what the evo is all about)

So a TLDR would be: the LSV is a great vape, but if you have the cash and are able to wait a month or 2 then i'd say go for the evo! Having a great standby vape isn't a bad idea either :) [no disrespect to the solo (i love mine) but it's not a "desktop" vape]

What are your thoughts on the Cloud vs. the Sub? I have a Sub, but have never used a Could.

mod note: Please don't hijack the thread. It's an Ask FC thread and the OP's question is the topic.

Liberty,

max

Out to lunch
What I don't understand is the performance different.
The EVO has heat retention that the LSV doesn't, so your draw speed is much more of a factor with the latter in determining the vaping temp. The EVO has no learning curve. You can hit it as hard as you want once it's nice and hot.

olivianewtonjohn

Guys this is for cloud + (with high temp epoxy on the ceramic-for preventative measure) vs LSV.....No I cant afford the cloud evo (and cant justify that much $$$ right now). Is the LSV 80% of the cloud +? How close are they?

olivianewtonjohn,

olivianewtonjohn

the cloud is the superior vape for running through water (imo). but that also comes at a cost that is up to 3x as much as a LSV.

The LSV was my daily driver for a long time once my old cloud broke. I loved the LSV, especially through a water pipe. It did a great job, but then I got a sublimator and I put the LSV away. I have actually lent the LSV out to a friend to use instead.

Just read your sig...Especially curious if your recommendation holds true for the cloud+ vs LSV?

olivianewtonjohn,

weedemon

enthusiast
well here are my thoughts on that one.

I had an original ticker (I think people are calling it an OG ticker?). I LOVED IT! it was my "end game" vape it lasted me 6 months before it stopped heating properly and fell silent. I know others have had similar problems and I heard the + models had and issue of the contact coming off? I think you said you have that issue covered though? so if you are confident in that holding up then I'd say get the cloud! So I can't exactly speak for the Cloud+. but... the cloud+ I am sure, performed like my ticker did. So based on that... the cloud would be a superior vape in terms of quality and delivery of vapor. again this is my opinion. the taste on the cloud is just phenomenal. the abv that I got out of it was so spent I questioned even using it in abv after applications (edibles, or my fave: oil) moreso than the abv I produced with my LSV.

But there is a catch, the cloud is significantly more fragile and prone to break. How many lsv's have you heard of breaking? not too many... the cloud+ thread however? That's got a slightly different tune.

So if you can't afford to replace it due to the cost, I would go for the safer bet of the lsv. Then I would save up for an evo or maybe a sub, or even the herbalizer (should be a great vape i hear also...)

The lsv element has a great track record and would be a wonderful one to keep around later. Trust me, once you have a vape that is really awesome in it's field, you discover others that do a different trick. we call it VAS.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
If your wondering to get an eBay super cheap aka SS FFteam (it lives on!) or an LSV. I think it's a no brainier to get ya an LSV that will be under warranty. I know your original post says choose between these two but honestly I have never had a log vape, but my research of them makes me think it would be a perfect pairing for ya. :2c:
But there is a catch, the cloud is significantly more fragile and prone to break. How many lsv's have you heard of breaking? not too many... the cloud+ thread however? That's got a slightly different tune.
I dropped my LSV 4 ft on tile last night, my face was like :ugh: Then I realized it was all good I was like :rockon::bowdown: 7th Floor!

olivianewtonjohn

Well I ended up ordering one of the rogue manufactured clouds, I just couldnt pass up getting one for almost half the price of a LSV. Unless I change my mind when I get it I am going to open it and see what I can do with those ceramic wires. Not the best design if you ask me :2c:, sounds like this is the biggest improvement that was made to the evo models.

Thank you everyone for your help, definitely feel like I made a more informed decision because of you all.

Top Bottom