• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cloud Electro uses teflon in their "nails"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerj55

Hi everybody! This is my first submitted post so if this is in the wrong sub I apologize. I also apologize because this will be a very long winded post.

I recently bought a Cloud Electro from vape-smart.com because they included one of the larger nails for free, and I had a discount code. I received the device about two weeks ago with a broken carb cap and loved it at first(minus the broken cap). I called them and they agreed to replace it. Later on in the first day of me using the device, the large nail stopped working. I figured it was a dud and popped in the regular size nail and continued on. I used that nail a few times and went to bed. The next morning I woke up and took a dab and hopped in the shower. When I got out I went to take another dab and it wouldn't heat up like the larger nail the night before. I realized something was up so I called them again and explained what was happening. They explained that this was abnormal and would send a new nail out ASAP and that I could pay to ship the device back to them and they would investigate what was wrong and possibly replace it with a new one. I didn't agree with that and decided to not send it back and decided I would use the last two nails I had(one left since it came with 2 regular nails and 1 large nail, and the one they were sending out) The next nail lasted a few days and I really thought I had just been unlucky and had some duds, however after about 2-3 days that nail died as well. This is when I decided to torch my nails to see if maybe some reclaim had worked its way to the inside of the nail as there are 2 little holes on the side of it. While torching it I noticed the metal kind of melted and bubbled and some white stuff(teflon) bubbled out of there as well. I then took two pliers and tried as hard as I could to pull the head off of the nail but it just would not come off. I then realized I could squeeze where the teflon came from and it would just break. This is what I found inside:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q1se1j0l6qzl7an/AAA8cPYQu4ZGn2Wnqqgi8IpKa?dl=0

They have also erased reviews I have left on multiple sites, including the one I purchased the device from. I have contacted them and have had no response so far so I want to spread my information to as many people as possible. Obviously you should decide if this device is worth it to use, but this nail gets up to 800 and 1000 degrees while teflon decomposes above 662.

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
Thanks for the report. I am going to look more into this as well since I own one of these.

smutman,
Reactions: tylerj55

tylerj55

Thanks for the report. I am going to look more into this as well since I own one of these.

I plan on tearing down the battery since at this point it's useless to me so I'll update when I have time do so. Working full time, mid-terms, and then leaving for a cruise this weekend has really killed all of my free time lol.

https://theintercept.com/2016/03/03/new-teflon-toxin-causes-cancer-in-lab-animals/

If it doesn't poison you directly, manufacturing that shit likely will poison other people... like it did in the past already...

WOW! Thank you for posting that! Hopefully people will see this and realize how bad this device and the materials used really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom