Charcot-Marie-Tooth spasms and neuropathy

Snarfblatt

The above mentioned neurological condition is getting worse as I age. Spasms are happening uch more often and the neuropathy has progressed from pins & needles to pins and burning (like eating chiles). The quack has started me on tramadol and wants me to consider a fentanyl patch. I REALLY don't want to go down the opiate road to doom. Charcot-Marie-Tooth is not common but there must be others out there that have tried weed for relief. Has anyone found a particular strain that helps with the spasms especially? They come on with no warning and I sometimes yelp in reaction to the stabbing pain. It's embarrassing in public. Has anyone found relief from straight CBD? I tried edibles but 75mg was too much for a 1st dose. I was locked on the couch laughing at Cow & Chicken for hours with the grandkids, nice but I was not functional and can't spend every day like that.

shredder

The above mentioned neurological condition is getting worse as I age. Spasms are happening uch more often and the neuropathy has progressed from pins & needles to pins and burning (like eating chiles). The quack has started me on tramadol and wants me to consider a fentanyl patch. I REALLY don't want to go down the opiate road to doom. Charcot-Marie-Tooth is not common but there must be others out there that have tried weed for relief. Has anyone found a particular strain that helps with the spasms especially? They come on with no warning and I sometimes yelp in reaction to the stabbing pain. It's embarrassing in public. Has anyone found relief from straight CBD? I tried edibles but 75mg was too much for a 1st dose. I was locked on the couch laughing at Cow & Chicken for hours with the grandkids, nice but I was not functional and can't spend every day like that.

The doctors went back and forth with a diagnosis with me. I'm still not positive I have cmt. I do have the classic champagne legs that comes with cmt.

For me the biggest thing is to drink lots of water to keep cramps at bay. Both CBD and THC help. Caffeine and alcohol both can cause cramping.

shredder,

Jimmyweaese

I have it.It took awhile to diagnose me also.Theres another autoimmune disease like cmt,,,chronic demylealy,I dont remember rest.I was on heavy amounts of prednisone. That s was nasty. .
Herb helps with loosening my constantly tight skin..

Jimmyweaese,
Reactions: shredder

Jimmyweaese

I'm on very small amounts of pain meds. And took tramadol for to long.Id think twice about tramadol. Wouldnt fentanyl be a bit much. I'd stay away from that. But hope for better times ahead. My age also ,cmt is no joke.

Jimmyweaese,

Jimmyweaese

I'm on very small amounts of pain meds. And took tramadol for to long.Id think twice about tramadol. Wouldnt fentanyl be a bit much. I'd stay away from that. But hope for better times ahead. My age also ,cmt is no joke.
I use distillates from Vireo,high thc,low cbd Jack Herer,I guess is what its like.

Jimmyweaese,
Top Bottom