• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Changing-temperature of the MFLB = Less of a buzz?

MLark

You might be inhaling at 200-300 degrees, with a changing temperature. Wouldn't you not be getting all the THC or the most out of your bud?

(Compared to a fixed temp vaporizer, set at like 350)
(Staying far clear of the piece for that reason. Figure i should learn before assuming though)

MLark,

Snafu

that is why you dont toss your duff after your sessions with the little box :) there is good stuff still left to be baked into something seriously good!

Snafu,

Beezleb

Snafu said:
that is why you dont toss your duff after your sessions with the little box :) there is good stuff still left to be baked into something seriously good!

or drank!

Beezleb,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
MLark said:
You might be inhaling at 200-300 degrees, with a changing temperature. Wouldn't you not be getting all the THC or the most out of your bud?

(Compared to a fixed temp vaporizer, set at like 350)
(Staying far clear of the piece for that reason. Figure i should learn before assuming though)

Thats why you learn a technique that works for you. I have a technique that gets me hits I want every time (assuming the bowl isn't done). The vape was designed to hold a constant temp. The vape is a fixed temp vape, its your breath that makes it a variable temperature. Thats why if you have a good technique you can get all the clouds you'd like.

You can reach temperatures that are hot enough to combust material...you should have no problem vaping all your THC off the plant. The only stuff left will have to be baked out or washed out.

finchrock24,

vapirtoo

finchrock24 hit the nail on the head.
Great technique with the LB can get
you any effect that you want:
micro- hitting
slow draw
no draw till you
see smoke :lol:
not to mention the new power adapter. :ko:
all of these will affect the temp. :peace:

vapirtoo,

MLark

While your drawing the temperature is decreasing though, so say something is released at 350F you would only be on it for a moment, not releasing it all. This goes for every chemical in it. And other things boil before THC so you could be getting vapor but little THC? Or be below sedative CBDs at 360F as theres no way to know without a readout/easily descreased temp. Or is there?

Thanks for the responses. Just trying to understand eh.

MLark,

max

Out to lunch
finchrock24 said:
The vape is a fixed temp vape, its your breath that makes it a variable temperature.
Battery connection time is a factor as well. Keep the battery connected, while NOT hitting the vape, and it'll just get hotter. The iolite would be a fixed temp vape. Aside from ambient heating, the vape maintains a pretty constant temp while on, and just reheats when it detects that the temp has dropped.

MLark said:
While your drawing the temperature is decreasing though, so say something is released at 350F you would only be on it for a moment, not releasing it all. This goes for every chemical in it. And other things boil before THC so you could be getting vapor but little THC?
THC releases at a fairly low temp. You'll get water vapor before THC, depending on the moisture content of the herb, but that's about all. Vape your bowl contents until it turns brown, and you're getting the THC. Vape until it's a really dark brown, and you're getting most all of the active, desired compounds. The tradeoff to higher temps is that you're also getting more toxins vaporized. But even high temp vaping is still much healthier than smoking.

The point you may be missing, in this talk of fixed temp vs. variable temp models, is that your draw speed affects the temp with either system. Hit it really hard, and you may well be lowering the temp below the vaporization point. If the vape's temp is adjustable with a dial, setting the temp high will allow you to hit it hard and still maintain a high enough temp to vaporize. OTOH a high temp setting combined with an easy, slow draw, will give you high temp vapor. That's why bag fill is so popular for group vaping. There's no individual draw speed differences to deal with. You get a steady temp with constant air flow-everyone gets the same temp. You don't have the adjustable temp option with something like the iolite. So if you like to hit a vape really hard, the iolite would probably be a poor choice. You can't change the temp, so you're forced to adjust the draw speed to fit the vape's design. A PD, also not temp adjustable, would do better because it has a heat exchanger with enough mass to maintain a temp much better with a hard hit. A vape like the iolite doesn't have that mass of metal to help retain heat under hard hitting. This is all about the learning curve for direct draw models. It's not the same learning process for every model. They have different designs. The LB has more of a learning process than a typical variable temp model because more factors are involved in the vaping temp- battery connection time, draw speed, and the state of the battery (fresh charge, almost drained, or somewhere in between). Most everyone figures out how to use the LB successfully though. It just takes a little practice.

max,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Nice write-up Max.

Personally I'm looking for only materials released a lower temps. I don't want to be sedated. But that's just me.

willieR,
Top Bottom