CBDa levels in CBD rosin???

MinnBobber

I am trying to get maximum CBDa levels. In quality CBD rosin, from CBD flowers or CBD ice hash, pressed at low temps (like 170 F for flower and 160 F for ice hash):
- what kind of CBDa % would one expect?
I would think that raw CBD flower would be predominantly CBDa, correct?
Can you preserve most of that into rosin with heavy conc CBDa?

Anyone have lab test results for CBD flower and CBD rosin, showing CBD and CBDa??
Thanks for help on this

MinnBobber,
Reactions: shredder

MinnBobber

There was a Stephen Hawkins strain with 17% CBDa that would be awesome to try squishing!

@ginolicious In my limited CBD presses, they have been about 18% yield so very satisfied.
Odd that your experience is so poor results?

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Be honest. I’ve never had any success in pressing rosin from CBD bud. Never. I have 20% CBD strains that produces nothing at all.

There was a Stephen Hawkins strain with 17% CBDa that would be awesome to try squishing!

@ginolicious In my limited CBD presses, they have been about 18% yield so very satisfied.
Odd that your experience is so poor results?
Interesting.
In my trials most high CBD bud did produce at least some rosin. But some very poor indeed.
I lately ordered a couple of 5g packs from a continent supplier. Indoor and outdoor.
Surprisingly it was an outdoor grown NL CBD with not the highest CBD % that yielded the most rosin. But it yielded lower than 18% for sure.
Most CBD rosin I made is very dark even if the nugs are said to be pretty fresh.
I remember having pressed a nice CBD SuperSilverHaze that gave pretty tasty lighter rosin, but it was from lower small buds and gave very little rosin yield.

Edit: https://swissmedicalcannabis.ch/en/
These guys deliver CBD buds worldwide, it seems. You might try to press their moon rocks for increased yield :D. Not sure on the CBD-a though and cannot comment on their quality.

Last edited:
Thick Vape,
Top Bottom