CBD Vaporizing

Do you like vaporizing CBD?

• Yes (Tried it and liked it.)

• No (Tried it and didn't like it.)

• Never tired it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

EverythingsHazy

Hey (Combustion) Fuckers,
So I've been looking into CBD to vaporize for health purposes, and was just wondering what experiences you guys have had with vaping THC-free CBD. Also, what is your favorite online CBD vendor (that ships to all 50 states).

Philreal187

I experimented with cbd oil in an e liquid style vape just to try for work and daily life when I don't use herb. I didn't notice any positive effects (or negative at that) and would hate to get into the whole e juice mixed with cbd oil game. I have no medical reason to use cbd and it was purely for recreational research. If medically it helps you then I say experiment with different cbd forms and definitely research the brand before purchasing. I was pretty close to buying a wax or concentrate cbd form but it was like $30 a gram and I would find the $30 better off with herb personally.

Any way best of luck and I hope some informative members give you the guidance your looking for, not just personal experience like me haha.

herbivore21

Hey (Combustion) Fuckers,
So I've been looking into CBD to vaporize for health purposes, and was just wondering what experiences you guys have had with vaping THC-free CBD. Also, what is your favorite online CBD vendor (that ships to all 50 states).
I'd be looking for a vendor who sell isolated CBD crystals if I were you.

CBD isolates from industrial hemp are preferable if you want 50 state legal, since there is a higher likelihood of this being a genuine 50 state legal product - also remember that it doesn't matter whether it came from industrial hemp - if it is pure CBD, it doesn't matter what the source of the CBD was. Shit's all the same when you put it through the mass spectrometer!

With 100% or near 100% CBD, you can then mix this material in with your dabs or flowers and enjoy the benefits of CBD alongside your preferred terp/cannabinoid profile. To rule out many of the valid concerns surrounding shady CBD products, pure CBD isolates with appropriate COA's from bona fide testing labs are a sure-fire way to get what you are meaning to pay for!

I would not purchase eliquids, oral oils or any CBD preparation that is not pure CBD crystals if it is sold online and purported to be 50 state legal. There is so much snake oil out there including a large number of infamous 'CBD' products of these kinds that have been found not to contain CBD at all or in anywhere near the concentrations they were advertised to contain!

Not only that, but tinctures, eliquid and oral preparations are typically mixed with solvents (PG/VG/ethanol etc) and other vegetable oil carriers - you may find the bulk of what you are paying good money for in fact is not the CBD you were looking for. As well you are relying on the producers skills to emulsify/dissolve the actives in the carrier solvent which is easier with some solvents than others. Any uneven mixture of these elements means that a given batch of tincture/ejuice/whatever could be very different to what it says on the packaging!

Ejuice solvents (PG/VG) are now known to produce probable carcinogens including glycidol and propylene oxide respectively when vaporized (the amount varies according to the voltage you use with your given ecig cart - dual coil carts produce less of the offending compounds than single coil carts) and no product that a medical patient is vaporizing should contain these compounds (we should all avoid this stuff really - none of us need probable carcinogens - but especially in medical scenarios avoid these fillers!).

Now to the question of crude extracts: What I refer to by 'crude extracts' are the kinds of extracts that we most commonly dab from cannabis varieties we all know and love that contain THC, stuff like BHO, rosin, QWISO, QWET, even bubble and dry sift. These are not considered isolates and are described as 'crude' because they collect a large fraction of the compounds in the original plant material, rather than very specific ones.

Regarding High CBD Cannabis varieties (not industrial hemp!):

You do not want crude extracts from high CBD non-industrial-hemp chemovars if you wanna buy it out of state.

These high CBD containing plant chemovars (the varieties of cannabis plants that have high %'s of CBD in one or more phenos - like ACDC for example) tend also to have very low up to moderate amounts of THC, which may on the very low end of the spectrum be negligible but still above the very low threshold (which escapes me right now, but is a fraction of 1%) required of a product for 50 state legal shipping.

This means that unless the source is using isolation techniques to remove the THC which will jack the retail price right up depending on the methods they are using (also potentially brings in some very dangerous solvents where chromatography is concerned; you wanna have a legit chemist doing this kind of job, not a cannabis guy/extract artist. None of us will be surprised to learn that a legit organic/analytical chemist is going to ask for higher remuneration than some dude running a closed loop and a vac oven in his garage), crude extracts from high CBD cannabis chemovars are likely to fall foul of 50 state legal requirements. It is likely more financially beneficial for a processor working with these high CBD, low THC containing cannabis phenotypes to make crude extracts and sell them locally (without working to remove the THC completely). Less labor for a solid cash return and will be more preferable to most customers.

This kind of product would actually be great in your situation if you did not have to get it over state lines (which is an idea that I wouldn't mess with!) lol

Regarding Industrial Hemp CBD Extracts

You do not want crude extracts (BHO/rosin/etc) from industrial hemp varieties either - only pure isolates (achieved by fractional distillation/chromatography etc). This is because industrial hemp varieties can frequently have very, very low total % of CBD vs other unwanted/inactive compounds. However, pure isolates of CBD from this source material with a valid COA (certificate of analysis) from a legit testing lab to verify that it is the real deal are a better method to buy CBD across state lines. I would suggest looking for this kind of product.

* Note: You could find CBD isolates from high CBD chemovars rather than industrial hemp but you are likely to find that this is more expensive since the scale with which these chemovars are grown is dwarfed by comparison to the scale of various industrial hemp grows around the globe. Especially because where plants are able to be grown that have any THC to speak of (whether high CBD chemovars or not), the tendency is to grow more of the THC varieties.

Final note:

Do not be intimidated by high prices of isolated pure CBD crystals. You will be likely to find that 0.025-.04g of pure CBD mixed with a small amount of your preferred material will provide the equivalent CBD in weight to a large dab of a high CBD bho/rosin! A little bit will go a very long way!

I hope this helps anyone looking for CBD, which is a very effective medicine for some ailments for which the other options are pretty grim!

For those who are recreational users, unless you are finding that your regular THC containing material is getting you uncomfortable or paranoid/anxious - you might find that CBD is not what you want to be using, it could even reduce the desired effects of your THC based material for you.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
+1 for cbd crystals

They seems to be a good add on to evening vaporizing rituals IME

They came as kief (powdery), no smell, quite a lot of vapor from very little scoop (like regular kief)

They aren't cheap though (>50€ for 0.5g 99,5% cbd)

herbivore21

Is this analysis representative of what you are looking for?
https://cbdpurus.com/analysis-of-cbd-isolate/
I am typically used to seeing COA's that are on the letterhead of the analytical laboratory where the testing was done and usually featuring a signature of the lab tech who did the analysis.

The testing methodology mentioned on the cbdpurus site (NMR is certainly an effective analytical method for our purposes AFAIK) checks out and the melting point data looks good (well within 2 degrees centigrade of the bulk of the melting points for CBD in the literature I've read).

The provided analyticals do appear on a document with a biotech company letterhead who appear to make CBD products themselves. While this company by their website do have at least one staff member whose stated qualifications place him clearly beyond qualified to do the analyticals, this does not seem to necessarily be an independent analytical testing laboratory first and foremost. This is not necessarily a problem the one doing the testing is qualified and working with appropriate materials/equipment.

I do note that there is a lot of promotion of cbdpurus interspersed in these documents on the same company letterhead. This does not strike me as the kind of discussion that an independent testing facility would usually enter into on COA paperwork - but who knows! It could be helpful to contact the testing lab and ask them about any concerns like this. That's why the details are provided on this sort of paperwork :)

As for the forest folk link, I don't know that I'd touch that. It is definitely for oral use only (only product I can see is the honey product where raw organic honey is mixed with CBD crystals). I can't get a very clear idea of the ratio of CBD to honey or how they mix these products (it seems like they're using an ultrasonic processing method but the provision of a frequency (528hz). It is possible that this could provide a consistent product perhaps.

The big concern with that product for me though is it seems like they're saying that these 15ml bottles have approximately 50mg (in their language: ~50mg) of CBD. That is to put it in terms a dabber might understand - .05g - or a good sized dab in the whole bottle. I don't think that's likely to have a meaningful amount of CBD for your trouble.

Last edited:

herbivore21

Thanks for that.
How about this http://www.cbdunlimited.com/certificates-of-analysis/ ?

And can you just put the crystals on a bed of bud in your fave vaporizer (Volcano)? Or can I put in my Liger just like any other concentrate?
You could do either of those things when it comes to vaping it! :)

That site's COA does not seem questionable like the other one. It does have a bit of residual heptane, about halfway up to the OSHA maximum short-term exposure limit in the workplace! I don't think I'd wanna dab large volumes of that on an ongoing basis, it is probably better to put into edibles (you can much more safely eat huge amounts of the stuff than inhale it).

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Some things to consider:
1) If the CBD is coming from a hemp source, has it been tested for heavy metals, pesticides and residual solvents (as mentioned above), as hemp will pull heavy metals from soil?
2) Even if you see lab results or CoA, you want to be sure the lab is accredited ideally to ISO /IEC 17025 standards and operating as a Patient Focused Certification accredited Lab. You can also look for PFC certification for the producer of the CBD outside of the Lab setting.

I have seen manufacturers of CBD products not do initial testing of the CBD oil they mixed with PG/VG and flavors. I have seen lab results then come back on finished e-juice liquids come back hot on a particular pesticide. Had a proper analysis been done on the CBD initially, it could have been returned to the cultivator/manufacturer after being held in quarantine until it passed testing.

Know your source and research as much as possible before you buy. Don't just trust online reviews or the one lab report that got put up on the web, do the leg work, it's worth it. Anyone not wanting to answer your questions should be a huge red flag to find someone else who will.

herbivore21

Some things to consider:
1) If the CBD is coming from a hemp source, has it been tested for heavy metals, pesticides and residual solvents (as mentioned above), as hemp will pull heavy metals from soil?
2) Even if you see lab results or CoA, you want to be sure the lab is accredited ideally to ISO /IEC 17025 standards and operating as a Patient Focused Certification accredited Lab. You can also look for PFC certification for the producer of the CBD outside of the Lab setting.

I have seen manufacturers of CBD products not do initial testing of the CBD oil they mixed with PG/VG and flavors. I have seen lab results then come back on finished e-juice liquids come back hot on a particular pesticide. Had a proper analysis been done on the CBD initially, it could have been returned to the cultivator/manufacturer after being held in quarantine until it passed testing.

Know your source and research as much as possible before you buy. Don't just trust online reviews or the one lab report that got put up on the web, do the leg work, it's worth it. Anyone not wanting to answer your questions should be a huge red flag to find someone else who will.
These are all good pieces of advise - Especially your reiteration of the golden rule which is - ask questions of both the manufacturer and testing laboratory!

Pesticide tests are a must for the purchase of all cannabis/hemp products. If you get a product without pesticide panels, you are trusting the guys who grew the plants a lot more than you should!

Heavy metals must also definitely be tested as @cannabis.pro says for hemp products, particularly in the case of hemp varieties which as he says do tend to pull more of this stuff out of the grow medium (I thank cannabis.pro for pointing this out here though, it should be mentioned in every single relevant thread!). If your CBD crystals are 99%+, it is much less likely than less pure extracts to find any large amount of nasties - but you could still easily have thousands of ppm of unwanted/dangerous components in that final ~1%, which can still be far too much depending on any nasties present!

I did not know about PFC certification but it looks like they draw on standards from the American Herbal Pharmacopoeia monograph relating to cannabis which is a solid regulatory base for certification! Wonderful news - you are right to suggest that all should look for this certification (I'd suggest looking for this certification for non CBD mmj too!) - thanks for sharing!

EDIT: I also wanna highlight that any isolate that has been purified using chromatography can involve the use of some very serious solvents. At least one of the above COA's does not test for cyclohexane or benzene residuals. The former is well known for use as a solvent phase in various research literature for HPLC/Column chromatography with cannabis derivatives. Benzene is commonly found in the same fractions distilled from fossil fuel sources as cyclohexane and it is notoriously difficult to purely separate the two - remember we are talking about benzene here - one of the more infamous carcinogens on the block!

Cyclohexane with suitable lack of benzene is very expensive to purchase. It can be a damned sight cheaper to buy cyclohexane with residual benzene in unsafe quantities.

Cyclohexane and benzene are both only permissible in somewhat-low and very low concentrations for human inhalation exposure: 300ppm and 1ppm respectively.

Where CBD is fractionally distilled for separation rather than using chromatography, solvents like cyclohexane are not likely to be a consideration. It is very helpful to find out what the purported extraction method is for the material you are purchasing - not just the material it was extracted from!

Last edited:

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Not a fan of industrial-hemp based CBD. From Project CBD:

• Industrial hemp typically contains far less cannabidiol than CBD-rich cannabis strains so a huge amount of industrial hemp is required to extract a small amount of CBD. This raises the risk of contaminants as hemp is a “bio-accumulator”—meaning the plant naturally drawns toxins from the soil.
  • Hemp-derived CBD and refined CBD powder lack critical medicinal terpenes and secondary cannabinoids found in cannabis oil. These compounds interact with CBD and THC to enhance their medicinal benefits.
  • It’s against federal law to use hemp leaves and flowers to make drug products. Hemp oil entrepreneurs attempt to sidestep this legal hurdle by dubiously claiming they extract CBD only from hemp stalk before importing it to the United States, a grey area activity at best.
My current preference is cannabis-based CBD oil, Co2 extracted.

herbivore21

Not a fan of industrial-hemp based CBD. From Project CBD:

• Industrial hemp typically contains far less cannabidiol than CBD-rich cannabis strains so a huge amount of industrial hemp is required to extract a small amount of CBD. This raises the risk of contaminants as hemp is a “bio-accumulator”—meaning the plant naturally drawns toxins from the soil.
  • Hemp-derived CBD and refined CBD powder lack critical medicinal terpenes and secondary cannabinoids found in cannabis oil. These compounds interact with CBD and THC to enhance their medicinal benefits.
  • It’s against federal law to use hemp leaves and flowers to make drug products. Hemp oil entrepreneurs attempt to sidestep this legal hurdle by dubiously claiming they extract CBD only from hemp stalk before importing it to the United States, a grey area activity at best.
My current preference is cannabis-based CBD oil, Co2 extracted.
Sure, ideally we'd all prefer to be able to process our own high CBD cannabis flowers for concentrates containing CBD - or buy such products made in legalization jurisdictions where testing can show that they are good. However, this is not possible for a large cross-section of people in various jurisdictions who can't access this material. This kind of material is not 50 state legal.

First point you raise is addressed by the posts above - get heavy metals/minerals testing in industrial hemp derived CBD crystals. No test, no buy.

The lack of terpenes in pure/isolated CBD is very easy to address. Mix the isolated CBD crystals with your THC/terpene based material you're already vaping! ;)

The third point may be true, but it remains that if you've got 99%+ pure CBD crystals which have been tested for pesticides, heavy metals, residual solvent etc and it all checks out - then this point is irrelevant for the end user. Remember as well that there are at least a small handful hemp derived CBD processors who operate wholly outside the US (Europe is one example) and supply US retailers. :peace:

EDIT: I wonder if we could separate the poll out between medical and recreational users. As I said above, recreational users may find CBD counterproductive altogether! Also CBD is not necessarily useful for all of the medical conditions that cannabis derivatives are effective in treating - some may respond more or less to other cannabinoids/terps/profiles of course.

Last edited:

George1151

I have used CBD strains (Canada licensed LP's/Licensed Producers). It was the first thing I tried when I got my license. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to help me much. I take cannabis primarily to prevent chronic headaches and the idea of a no high "natural" remedy definitely appealed to me.

I have tried several strains one of them was tested at 24% CBD and virtually no THC. Those who say you don't get stoned from CBD are wrong, at least in my case. It's definitely different from THC but it does produce a "body" stone that doesn't seem to last too long. I have also mixed high CBD strains with varying amount of THC strains too. I have only vaporized flower, I have not tried the incredibly expensive CBD oils that are now available from licensed producers in Canada.

The good news seems to be that high THC strains of indicas DO help in preventing my headaches. It is still too soon to say for sure since my headaches come in bunches but they are definitely improved since I have been vaping high THC daily. I have put a self imposed limit of one bowl at night.

If I do get a severe headadche either form of cannabis does NOT seem to help relieve it. It doesn't make things worse but doesn't help either.

George1151,
Reactions: syrupy

Danksta

I just ordered a gram of this a couple days ago http://blueriverextracts.com/cbd-acdc-crystals-1-gram/

It's the isolate with terps drops added to produce the crystals. I'm very excited to try it. Looking purely for the medical benefits. I will not be mixing it with THC.

These people were the first to put out the terpenes. I don't trust anyone else right now. Tony Verzura seems to know his shit. I'll be sure to give you guys my feedback.

Anyone else try these yet?

Danksta

I had to go for the terps. I want be able to enjoy the dab and get medical benefits. You could save money buying them separate and making your own crystals.

Yes, 50 state legal.

Danksta

So how does one make crystals out of these 2 products:
http://blueriverextracts.com/acdc-25ml-grade-a/
https://isodiol.com/cbd-products/cbd-crystal/

How many drops of Terps to add etc.?

I believe he uses 4 drops.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKKDK6UgSQK/?taken-by=tverzura&hl=en

• tverzuraI hope you guys enjoy the first batch. @Regrann from@blueriverterpenes - The transformation from 99.9% CBD Isolate oil into CBD Terp Crystals happens organically over a period of 24-72 hours. In this photo you can see the high concentration of Lemon Tree Terpenes used to trigger this reaction. Some of our customers should be receiving their CBD Terp Crystals today. Gently tap them when you first open them to shatter them from the glass bottom jars and enjoy!

New Flavors
    Skunk OG
    Northern Lights Chem Dog
    Top Picks
    Red Congolese
    Dawg Walker
    Orange Cookies
    Pineapple Goo
    Soma Lavender Skunk
    Karma's Bitch (RD1 x Neville Haze)

Under Rated
    Chiesel
    Swiss Tsunami Terpenes
    Black Lime Reserve Terpenes
    Super Lemon Haze Terpenes
    Grape Ghost Terpenes
    Swiss Tsunami Terp Crystals
    Grape Ghost Terp Crystals

Danksta,

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
TERPENE CBD ISOLATE RECIPE

How do I mix Blue River Hemp CBD 99.9% Isolate with Blue River Terpenes to make different products at home?

Answer:

Step 1: Prepare

Melt CBD Isolate down in the new glass jars provided with the product by placing it in a pan on the stove on low heat (175f to 200f).

Step 2: Mix

Once CBD Isolate is melted clear turn off heat source.

As it cools (150f) add 4 drops of ANY Blue River Terpenes.

Mix in the terpenes while it is still warm and just starts to cools down.

Be sure to use a clean sterile titanium or stainless steel tool to mix the terpenes into the CBD sap.

Step 3: Uses

The CBD Terpene Mix can be used like any other extract for inhalation, diluted further with more terpenes for vape pen cartridges, or infused into edibles, topicals, tinctures, and capsules.

herbivore21

TERPENE CBD ISOLATE RECIPE

How do I mix Blue River Hemp CBD 99.9% Isolate with Blue River Terpenes to make different products at home?

Answer:

Step 1: Prepare

Melt CBD Isolate down in the new glass jars provided with the product by placing it in a pan on the stove on low heat (175f to 200f).

Step 2: Mix

Once CBD Isolate is melted clear turn off heat source.

As it cools (150f) add 4 drops of ANY Blue River Terpenes.

Mix in the terpenes while it is still warm and just starts to cools down.

Be sure to use a clean sterile titanium or stainless steel tool to mix the terpenes into the CBD sap.

Step 3: Uses

The CBD Terpene Mix can be used like any other extract for inhalation, diluted further with more terpenes for vape pen cartridges, or infused into edibles, topicals, tinctures, and capsules.
Great news! So glad to see you have had success man! Please keep in mind that the CBD only needs to be heated to 151f or so to melt to liquid so it is probably best to keep this sort of temp or mildly higher (155f should be good) so that you don't risk degrading the cbd some.

herbivore21,

Silat

Great news! So glad to see you have had success man! Please keep in mind that the CBD only needs to be heated to 151f or so to melt to liquid so it is probably best to keep this sort of temp or mildly higher (155f should be good) so that you don't risk degrading the cbd some.

The temp that is mentioned in the recipe is from Blue River. It is not my number:)

I am adding this from a Blue River posting:
"add 4 drops to it after melting it down.... stir... wait 24hrs with the lid on.
Heat up CBD warmer longer to create a heavier effect.... less time keeps it clear with energetic response."

I have asked today for clarification of what he means by
"Heat up CBD warmer longer".

Silat,

herbivore21

The temp that is mentioned in the recipe is from Blue River. It is not my number:)

I am adding this from a Blue River posting:
"add 4 drops to it after melting it down.... stir... wait 24hrs with the lid on.
Heat up CBD warmer longer to create a heavier effect.... less time keeps it clear with energetic response."

I have asked today for clarification of what he means by
"Heat up CBD warmer longer".
'Warmer longer' to me suggests you use a higher temp for a longer period of time. Of course, exactly how much higher for how much longer is another question lol

herbivore21,
Reactions: Silat

Silat

'Warmer longer' to me suggests you use a higher temp for a longer period of time. Of course, exactly how much higher for how much longer is another question lol

I am proficient in the kitchen (look good in an apron) and can cook without a recipe but when it comes to my drugs I do not want to "burn" the batch. :)

Top Bottom