• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CBD Strains BEFORE/AFTER Others

darkrom

Great Scott!
What are your experiences with vaporizing high CBD strains before or after other strains? I always heard that CBD will take down the anxiety and panic of THC. I finally got a high CBD strain, it tested at 16%. Very calm and relaxing on its own, no paranoia etc.

However yesterday I vaped some of the high CBD strain. Felt calm as expected and no high. Then an hour later I vaped some regular bud probably 18% THC. I was almost tripping for 2 hours with a high that was more intense than dabbing. Not at all muting the THC.

Is this because I vaped the CBD first? What are your experiences with mixing CBD and THC strains?

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
What i know and experience is that CBDs enhance the effects of THC , i feel it at least 50 % :D (i can tell exactly if it is that much , but maybe i need some help from that vapewithfire guy to get my numbers exact) :) . I feel that there is increase of thc effects but also i feel like it more of it gets "burned away in my system" faster than without increase of CDB.. So i am hard with the words right now.. But its like you get more bang from the thc also it burns away more efficient and get cleaned (exhausted) of the system.. i notice tolerance decrease after an ABV oil session.. Weed in the next days has way more effects over me.. It is not so if i use pure oils .. my tolerance gets fucked up bigtime..

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
I can tell you from my experience that CBD oil dabbing beforehand and then vaping flowers after the high is more intense but it seems like my high is more tiresome after on the cool-down which makes me assume that I might need more but that is not the case. The thing I assume is that while CBD will have more of a healing effect and not really heady stone but a body feeling, THC from my flowers will be more noticeable and vibrant (I can feel it better and make an in-depth conclusion that it is due to the CBD sublimate oil dab.) If that makes any sense at all. THC activates my euphoria and stabilizes my sleepiness. I have grown accustomed to vaping before work so I need a good balance but more THC usually helps me become more active, at least that's what I think.

CG420,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
Interesting, do you happen to know what percentage CBD you are dabbing before the flowers? Alsp what happens if you vape a high THC strain and THEN the high CBD oil/flower? Flowers around here are virtually free of CBD. The highest CBD content I was able to procure before this batch of Yummy by CBD Crew was a Headband variety from a caregiver, that tested at 1.2% CBD.

So when I vaped the 16.5% CBD strain then a bowl of some random 18+% THC strain, I was REALLY high. I can't tell if the CBD enhanced the racy effects and aggravated my natural anxiety, or if the CBD simply enhanced the whole thing and got me SO HIGH that I had a panic attack just because I am not used to being that high. I really would describe the 2 bowl combo I had as far more intense than anything in memory besides 1g hash edibles. To give an idea of my tolerance, I could hit the same vape and lay down 5 back to back bowls with ease on a day off from work, so it wasn't just "good bud" or anything like that, strains I had already been vaping.

The only variable that I am wondering about was the day it happened I started to get sick that day. Unfortunately being sick COULD be part of this, because I was sick the next 2 days and had to miss work today. Just finally recovering. Worst cold I've ever had, and I usually just shrug off colds no meds etc especially since they are rare. So if it seems like my experience is more likely I just got high right as I came down with something, don't be afraid to tell me. I won't be offended if it seems like this is unlikely caused by the CBD. Just trying to learn.

I know the obvious answer would be to vape the CBD strain, then wait an hour or so again and vape the regular bud. I would, but I'm sick and to be honest I'm not a huge fan of intense highs like that. I'd rather NOT find out by being blasted out of my mind, though I supposed it could be much different if I had nothing going on and didn't have to function through it as a surprise.

I'll try again eventually, but now I'm more curious than ever about CBD.

darkrom,

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
I would have no clue really what percentage of CBD might contain but it isn't 16.5% that's for sure. I assume my sublimate is CBD enriched because of oxidation and vaping what is left of my herbs in one shot (flash-vaping) I accumulate a small amount but the dabs I intake are similar to the tiny dabs you would put in the VXNail. I don't have one I am just referring to it. I have tried Agent Orange, King's Kush, and from what I could remember these strains had about 10% CBD (more or less, I am not accurate it was a while back) and the effects last only a couple of hours with pain relief to my back, my mild arthritis on my hands, and seems to be a muscle relaxant (legs, upper back, and face melt sorta feeling.) I am gonna experiment with a pure CBD cheeba chew and see what results I would get from there. One of my friends said it feels like popping pills lol. I kind of believe him. Not really but we will see next pay check.

As for your sickness, I'm sorry to hear about that. I don't think I could tell you if it's because of what you are doing. Everybody's different and not all immune systems are created equal as well as herbs too so some might experience a different sensation. I'd like to hear inputs from others though. This is an interesting topic to be discussed!

CG420,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
Let me know what you think of the CBD cheeba chews on their own and when combined with a higher THC herb. I hope our dispensaries get those when they open up.

darkrom,

the_cascadian

contrary to what AV has said, i've heard that CBD counteracts the effects of THC and will minimize the high. i've only run limited experiments on myself, primarily with the harlequin flower. this particular batch was tested around 7.8% CBD and i didn't notice it having a synergestic or minimizing effect when combined with high THC strains, say around 18%.

darkrom, i think you got so blasted because you were getting sick. but maybe it WAS from the combination of the two?

Try mixing high CBD flower with high THC flower. I've been vaping half of each in a salad and I think I prefer the effects to straight THC. The CBD strain I'm using is 12% CBD and 0.5% THC.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've heard that CBD minimizes the effects, but I don't know. I've also heard CBD before can make it stronger (but can't find that info while looking it up) and that CBD AFTER thc will minimize the effects.

More experiments are needed, hopefully you guys with much better access to CBD can help out.

darkrom,

the_cascadian

i've experimented with several high cbd flowers in the seattle area: harlequin, sour tsunami #3 and the remedy. none of these strains left a particularly strong impression on me. i was left wondering if they do have benefits at all or is it just a scam? before anyone jumps down my throat, i don't have any serious medical issues and i'm sure there are folks that do benefit from high cbd strains, but all they do for me is make me...kind of high.

the_cascadian

as i understand it, cbd levels vary from one generation of plants to the next, or from one phenotype to the next...i've wondered if the dispensaries i visit sell flowers that may have been batch-tested a few years ago and high cbd levels were found, and they continue to sell flowers from the same grower without re-testing again and again to ensure high levels of cbd.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I believe that is probably VERY likely in many dispensaries. Lab tests are expensive, and a lot of them like to make money.

darkrom,
Top Bottom