• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cart plugging?

Nazz1

What makes my cart plug?
It is only partial, if I inhale harder it opens up, and then works for a while till I set it down for some time. Then plugged effect again.
I keep it vertical, so the oil stays down.

New to 510 carts...I am using a Rove battery now. PCKT One Plus on the way.
Could I be inhaling too hard and pulling oil into the tube?

Nazz1,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Carts suck. It is oil leaking down below your atomizer and blocking the air intake at the bottom.

FlyingLow,

damm

Using a weak battery during use causes unused concentrate to build up and fall into the air pathway leading to clogs.

Change out the battery and get a different cart, and you should be fine. Once the carts clog; they will always clog. If you can handle cleaning them out, you can finish the cart. Just get a different battery, and before you start sucking, unclog it.

damm,

Nazz1

Using a weak battery during use causes unused concentrate to build up and fall into the air pathway leading to clogs.

Change out the battery and get a different cart, and you should be fine. Once the carts clog; they will always clog. If you can handle cleaning them out, you can finish the cart. Just get a different battery, and before you start sucking, unclog it.
How do I clear it before I suck on it??

Nazz1,

badbee

@Nazz1, I've come to the conclusion that it isn't really due to user behavior after trying all the suggestions mentioned above. It doesn't seem to matter how hard or when, or at what temp. Carts leak for me about half of the time, usually just a bit and they can be cleared with a strong pull, not too much loss overall. My last cart, which was one of a pair from the same manufacturing run, used the same way, leaked like a son of a bitch and I probably lost half of the gram, so annoying.

When the clog gets really bad you can use a pin or paper clip to reach down the air path and remove some of the excess leakage. Wipe it on some parchment paper and you can use it later (messily and inefficiently).

I'll keep buying carts (well known brands from a legal dispensary only) for occasional use because they are just so damn convenient and efficient. Realistically, even if I lose 25% overall they are still more efficient than most other vaping methods. Flower is of course better, but sometimes just not an option at the time.

Good luck and try not to hurl it into the trash in a rage :)

damm

How do I clear it before I suck on it??
Like @badbee says, you just need to suck very hard. Sometimes It can take a good 30-45 seconds of trying before it clears up.

Not very fun to deal with. I'm using Rosin cartridges in an I-502 state, so I have no choice in what carts to use. I get what I get.

damm,

yankeetokeniner

ive never had a cart that hasn't clogged.
paperclip works but a little risky
i've hit the fire button while inhaling hard and that seems to help vs inhaling hard w/o firing.

yankeetokeniner,

badbee

Another point about clearing. Don't fire for the full 10 seconds without airflow, that can cause overheating and gives the whole thing a lasting scorched taste. When clearing use the double tap prewarm that some batteries have or pulse the button for just a couple of seconds on then off while pulling hard. This is why I don't buy auto-draw batteries without a button...

Nazz1

Okay so next issue... I bought some concentrate syringe to fill a cart. But it did not come with needle.
Can I just fill the chamber instead of going through the center hole?
My cart comes completely apart for cleaning. When the mouthpiece is off, I have access to the hole in the center and also the chamber is open at the top.

Last edited:
Nazz1,

Nazz1

Okay so next issue... I bought some concentrate syringe to fill a cart. But it did not come with needle.
Can I just fill the chamber instead of going through the center hole?
My cart comes completely apart for cleaning. When the mouthpiece is off, I have access to the hole in the center and also the chamber is open at the top.
I went ahead and tried it.
Actually ....this way of filling seems better. You are putting it directly into the chamber instead of the hole you inhale through. But a needle would still make it easier to fill the chamber.

Nazz1,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Sometimes heating the cart with a hair dryer get things flowing again. I think if carts aren't used up, the thinning agent evaporates, too, leaving a thickened oil.

macbill,
Reactions: Nazz1

tokenknifeguy

ive never had a cart that hasn't clogged.
paperclip works but a little risky
i've hit the fire button while inhaling hard and that seems to help vs inhaling hard w/o firing.
I haven't ever had a cart that was clogged. Unless my carts come pre clogged and I just don't know what an unclogged cart hits like. I always hit my cart for another 2 seconds or so after releasing the fire button. Never had a problem.

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Try not screwing the cart in as tight. Just enough to make electrical contact. To tight can make them leak.

elmomuzz,
Reactions: Nazz1
Top Bottom