Cannabis Gummies

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
I have a simply method :

1) Use store bought gummies, they have to be the type thats coated in sugar i recommend Sour Patch Kids for good absorbtion
2) I normally use concentrates for easy calculation on the potency, if i add 1 gram of rosin i will expect that to be 650mg thc at 65% potency.
3) Mix 1 gram of decarbed-rosin with 6ml of MCT-oil,
4) This shjould give you a total of 140 drops depending on the size pipette used, 650/140= 4.6 Mg Thc/drop,
5) Align gummies on a parchment lined tray, Use your pipette to distribute 1 drop on each gummy
6) Place the tray in a dust free area and position a clean fan to blow on the tray for about 30min
7) Turn the gummies on the other side and distribute another drop on each gummy and leave with the fan blowing agian for 30min
8) Result should be gummies containing the amount of 9.2Mg Thc/piece .

If you dont have any oils and are going to be using herb then i would guess 4-5 grams would be equal the amount of thc that 1 gram of rosin holds. Depending on the quality on the herb ofcourse.
Just gave this method a shot.

I used Lidl brand sour punch bites which are larger than sour patch kids. I mixed 7 teaspoons of coconut oil with 6 grams decarbed BHO. Ended up putting 7(!) drops on 140 gummies almost exactly distributed.

Here's 35 with 3 drops on each.

I was impatient and put all drops on in 1 go around basically. There's definitely some seepage around some of them onto the parchment.

I'm thinking there's probably a better candy for dropper edibles, something more porous. I'll look through the candy section when shopping again for inspiration. Edit: The wide gummy strips would work well now that I think about it. The bites that were flattened seemed to have absorbed a lot more so strips would be ideal.

I ate a gummy that ended up getting some extra drops on it, we'll see how that goes.

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Yeah, I used 1 cup coconut oil for 3.5 flower. Next run I will use half cup.
The general standard is 7 grams flower per half cup oil.

That's approx 20 doses at 25mg a piece (if I'm not mistaken).

Last edited:
VapeEscapist,

dinajafer

If You ever have been thinking about buying cbd for your pets it is mandatory to follow a couple of moments like the right dose, since even if initial a CBD product would not be fatal, in higher doses usually it could create some side-effects, then, all the time you have to consult it with your vet since they are more informed about that when giving some cannabis products to your pet. As for me, I was having a problem with my dog, and the vet advised me to give some cannabis gummies to him, since it is easier to be devoured by the dog, and it is more efficient,and hopefully Milo will be better soon.

dinajafer,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

If You ever have been thinking about buying cbd for your pets it is mandatory to follow a couple of moments like the right dose, since even if initial a CBD product would not be fatal, in higher doses usually it could create some side-effects, then, all the time you have to consult it with your vet since they are more informed about that when giving some cannabis products to your pet. As for me, I was having a problem with my dog, and the vet advised me to give some cannabis gummies to him, since it is easier to be devoured by the dog, and it is more efficient,and hopefully Milo will be better soon.

My state in just this year passed a law allowing vets to mention thc/cbd, until then they couldn't even mention it. I asked our vet if she had training concerning marijuana. She said it was barely talked about in school.

If you think about it, few medical doctors know much about marijuana either, so why should vets be different?

If my animals are suffering I'll do what I have to.

shredder,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I've been too lazy to try making these, but I bought some recently.

Regardless of the candy, I've found 20mg to be just enough for me. Two gummies at 10mg each hits me pretty good. One problem I'm having with edibles is that the experience over time is like a sharp peak rather than a bell curve. My high comes to a sharp peak in about two hours after ingestion, and then it's a rather quick decline to baseline again. The peak is sometimes not enjoyable for a half hour or so.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: vapirtoo

Bortz

I've been too lazy to try making these, but I bought some recently.

Regardless of the candy, I've found 20mg to be just enough for me. Two gummies at 10mg each hits me pretty good. One problem I'm having with edibles is that the experience over time is like a sharp peak rather than a bell curve. My high comes to a sharp peak in about two hours after ingestion, and then it's a rather quick decline to baseline again. The peak is sometimes not enjoyable for a half hour or so.
Interesting, I have been attempting to work around this as well. I experience a similar phenomenon with my edible onset and duration. I come here to ogle the gummies and learn, but usually make capsules and infused honey myself. I will say the cannabis honey when mixed in water is damn near instant onset for me, and very useful for rapid response. ( I think macbill shared the recipe around here somewhere)

I am experimenting with removing the sunflower lecithin from my recipe to see if it slows down the absorption. I use a blend of oils to attempt multichannel delivery. I am actually making a batch of capsules this morning without lecithin. Had two grams of Orange Cookies RSO, so making duplicate batches, same potency, same oil blend, one with lecithin, one without. I also wonder if sugar plays a role in an insulin type response, affecting the absorption/metabolism.

My standard recipe for capsules has been 1/1/1 EVOO/Cacao Butter/Coconut oil by volume. 1/1 ratio liquid sunflower lecithin to RSO by weight.

If I glean anything useful from my experiment, I'll swing back around and share it here. Much testing is required...for science :science::whoa::borg:.

Back to gummies! :leaf:🧸:leaf:

shredder

Freezer for longer term.fridge short term. If left out, mine can develop mould after a few days, maybe a week. These are home made mind. Maybe bought ones can last longer.

I made a batch that molded in the fridge in 2 weeks. I threw out over 50 gummies.

I no longer make gummies, and now we use the silicone gummy molds for chocolates.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Goes to show how much preservatives are in the some of the store bought ones that will stay good for serval years after opening even at room temp, lol. :D

Some of the commercial ones don't list any water in the ingredients. I never quite figured out how they were blooming the gelatin without water but it probably removes much of the likeliness to mold.

The caranuba wax coating probably helps too.

Top Bottom