Can you use a preloaded SAI TAF like a cart?

badbee

So I'm thinking I want to completely give up using carts, for all the obvious reasons. If a SAI TAF is preloaded can it provide multiple small hits spread over a few hours in a dark (mostly) room without need to turn on a light or fuss over it? Periodic cleaning is OK so long as it can be done later or next day. I want something that can be used quickly and easily, like a cart, for "fill in" hits during the evening between flower sessions.

Are there any reasons why a direct coil load pen, eg Terp Pen, would work better than the SAI for this scenario?

badbee,
Reactions: arb

florduh

It could work. But you will burn off most of the terps after the first hit or 2. Causing all subsequent hits to taste like reclaim. You'll want to regularly swab it out with a q-tip. It's basically a little banger, and is best used like one. It's very easy to use and maintain, but it's better to only load enough for 1-2 hits.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Get a Sequoia the larger bowl size will get you through your stated mission easily.
I use the titanium bowls and it is way better than any of my pens.
I also stick a 5" piece of whip into the mouthpiece and use a glass mouthpiece on the other end for lip feel.
Works really well and depending on temps can really bring the flavors out.

SonicBacon

@florduh , @FlyingLow , @arb Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I'll probably hate old concentrate taste even more than day old flower. I guess the only way to know if this can work the way I want is try it out...
I preload the Ti bucket and it’s a good first hit, a mediocre 2nd hit, and a reclaimy taste for the third hit. So I guess I am saying that preloading works fine, but the taste diminishes rapidly. The Ti bucket is easy to clean up a day later if you leave it though.

SonicBacon,
Reactions: arb

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Are there any reasons why a direct coil load pen, eg Terp Pen, would work better than the SAI for this scenario?

Still love my OG terp pen for when you need quick hits without any fuss. The problem with being in the dark is you'll need to see what you're doing to reload. You can preload it, but you'll only get 1 really good hit and maybe a wispy 2nd before you need to load it again. As long as you keep feeding it without letting the coil go dry, you will get decent tasting hits.

It doesn't replace a Sai bucket or any enail-like portable, but it serves its purpose very well. If I'm having trouble sleeping, I keep my little terp pen preloaded by my bed for one massive blast in the dark. I keep buying new tips, they're cheap as hell.

BabyFacedFinster,
Top Bottom