• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Can you boil screens and re-use them?

Miss Orange

Hey kids! I am new to vaporization and I must say, I LOVE it! I just got my first VaperCannon 4th gen. with whip from ebay and already (in 3 days time) I am 100% converted to vaping. It is amazing!

Anyways I notice the residue is starting to build up a little on the screen and bowl and I was wondering if it's possible to boil the glass pieces, with the screen still in place? Will it damage the glass in any way? Is it better just to remove the screen and replace with a new one?

Seems like it will be a pain to get the screen out tho??

TIA!

Miss Orange,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I'd say just get in the habit of replacing them when they get really clogged up. A little build up is fine.

I save all my old screens in a metal tin for some odd reason.... but it might be a good idea to order a 100 pack from an eBay vendor. You might want to do some double checking but my screens were 3/4 inch and I use a similiar modeled box vaporizer, the VaporWarez. I got a big pack really cheap so I don't have to worry about changing it often.

But again, I have to emphasize get in the habit of changing them often, I find it vapes much better and more evenly, not to mention tastes better, at first it is a real pain, but with patience you can change one real quick and easy.

Welcome to the world of vaping btw! :)

Ah yes, and if you want to boil the glass piece to clean it, screen in place, that should be fine. Alternatively, an isopropyl bath would do the trick. However, you might want to look into ' wand hash '.... ;)

SpiralArchitect,

spikyvape

I put the screens in some ethyl alcohol 90% (i have been told that wass the cleanest)
after that they are clean again.

After that i boil them in some hot water to get maybe rests from the Ethyl of. But i skipp this
once in a while haha.

After that they are as new and you have some wand hash indeed ;)

spikyvape,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:wave: Miss Orange

To answer your question, I can think of no reason why boiling the wand with screen inside would cause any damage to either. Borosilicate glass and stainless steel can handle boiling water no problem. High quality stainless steel screens are reusable, it's mainly the metal fatigue stress from inserting/removing that messes them up.

You may find boiling water doesn't clean all the resin off, in which case an alcohol soak as mentioned should do it.

Not sure what your wand looks like but this video might help. Looks like a pita. :lol:

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
I agree that alcohol is a better method. If you want to keep the screen in place, you can either soak it a while in ISO, then shake it up while closing off the ends, or just put some ISO and salt in the wand, and shake it up for a while. Really depends on how much residue is there. After cleaning, if you let the 'dirty' ISO sit in a glass container (something with a flat bottom works well) until it evaporates, you can scrape the brown remnants up with a razor blade and you have the so-called 'wand hash'. :)

max,

jx80

I try to clean after each use to keep them clean, just by blowing off the leftovers but I have boiled the extremes screen before and it works but alcohol seems to get everything.

jx80,

Miss Orange

Most excellent information, on all accounts! Nice video, really helpful..

Can't wait to try making (and learning about) wand hash. Thanks! :brow:

Miss Orange,
Top Bottom