Can someone help me to fix my E-Z Vape 5? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

asteezy88

I just bought a vaporizer from a smoke shop a few weeks ago. It looks just like the easy vape except it isn't. It is the same style with the ceramic heating element but instead of a knob it had 5 buttons. - + power, set and mode with a digital led display. It doesn't have a fuse replacement in the back or anything so I wouldn't know how to replace it if that be the problem. I didn't use it for a few days and when I go to plug it in, the ceramic heating element flashes red a long with a small red and green light on the led display. When I unplug it, it turns off and when I plug it back in it does the same flashing thing. Pushing buttons doesn't do anything all it does is flash. I only had this thing for a few weeks and paid almost 100 bucks. If anyone knows any way I could possibly fix it please share with me! All feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

photo_zpsc4976d8a.jpg

asteezy88,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just bought a vaporizer from a smoke shop a few weeks ago. It looks just like the easy vape except it isn't. It is the same style with the ceramic heating element but instead of a knob it had 5 buttons. - + power, set and mode with a digital led display. It doesn't have a fuse replacement in the back or anything so I wouldn't know how to replace it if that be the problem. I didn't use it for a few days and when I go to plug it in, the ceramic heating element flashes red a long with a small red and green light on the led display. When I unplug it, it turns off and when I plug it back in it does the same flashing thing. Pushing buttons doesn't do anything all it does is flash. I only had this thing for a few weeks and paid almost 100 bucks. If anyone knows any way I could possibly fix it please share with me! All feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

I added the image to your post. That is an E-Z Vape 5, a Chinese box vape with a spotty reputation here on FC. It is supposed to have a 5 year warranty, but as mrweed advises, you probably should take it back to the shop.

pakalolo,

asteezy88

Would that still be a good idea even though I got it from a random smoke shop a city 20 minutes from me.

asteezy88,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
better than loosing 100 bucks, i think! you could also send it to the company and let them repair it, but you would have to pay shipping on your own and you'll be without a vape for a couple of weeks. Also I wouldn't be too sure that they will really replace it.
much easier to deal with the seller, i think!

good luck! at least the shop can send it in for you, if they won't give you back your money

mrweed,
Reactions: Roger D

FrogBoy138

I don't know how long it would take to fix it would be in shipping for months and don't forget the fees.
Gas to drive 20 mins to the shop you got it with the receipt could be more then it's worth. You don't really seem to have any warranty paper work. I think you might need to cut your losses and move on. If you want a warranty buy from a reputable dealer. If can get up another $100 and you listen and learn from the members here you will get a much better vaporizer.

FrogBoy138,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Would that still be a good idea even though I got it from a random smoke shop a city 20 minutes from me.

Easy Vape (or E-Z Vape) is a Chinese manufacturer of box-style vapourizers. They've been around for a long time and have offered several models, all low-priced. The most warranty info I've seen says that it has a five year warranty on the heater element. Some vendors say it's one year. Others say the warranty applies to all manufacturing defects. The company doesn't have a website so you're depending on vendors and members for information. I can't find anyone who actually got warranty service from them.

Since this purchase was only a few weeks ago, to me the most obvious action would be to go back to the shop. If they won't do anything for you then I suspect you're out of luck.

pakalolo,
Reactions: max

max

Out to lunch
It would be good idea to me. What's 20 minutes? It takes twice that long (or longer) for tons of people to get to work every day. You should have asked about warranty and returns before you bought it. Most reputable stores allow a return within 30 days, regardless of warranty. If they won't take it back and give you a replacement or refund after a few weeks of ownership, I certainly wouldn't do any business there in the future.

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Call the shop for the name of his distributer. They are usually the ones who deal with returns for the manufacturer.

ACE OF VAPE,

asteezy88

Thanks guys! I took it back to the shop today and he told me to leave my name and number along with the vape. He said he'll talk to the guy that delivers then and try and get a replacement! I plan on selling the new one for 80$ or so and getting a magic flight launch box. what do you it's think? I've heard some mix reviews about it

asteezy88,

hoptimum

Thanks guys! I took it back to the shop today and he told me to leave my name and number along with the vape. He said he'll talk to the guy that delivers then and try and get a replacement! I plan on selling the new one for 80$ or so and getting a magic flight launch box. what do you it's think? I've heard some mix reviews about it

The MFLB is definitely a step in the right direction, but it's an entirely different animal from the one you have now

hoptimum,

asteezy88

Yea I've been researching it quite a bit. Can you get like big hits from it? And could u get more high off it than the one I have ya think? Lol

asteezy88,

hoptimum

Yea I've been researching it quite a bit. Can you get like big hits from it? And could u get more high off it than the one I have ya think? Lol

IMO, the two factors determining the quality of your hit on the MFLB are the batteries and the draw technique. As long as you get the new glyph batteries youll be fine, but you have to keep them charged and when youre on the go you should plan on carrying some extras. The MFLB likes a very fine grind that barely fills the trench. The draw should be very slow since the faster you draw, the more it will cool down, which you don't want. If you want a vape thats very easy to use and can produce larger rips, check out the Vapolution 2.0, which is a plugin that doesnt cost much more .

hoptimum,

max

Out to lunch
Hard to beat the Vapolution for that price. It takes a little more attention during use than a box vape, but it's got a time tested, dependable design and an all glass vapor path, which very few models have.

clouded vision

someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the FC deal still available for the VAP2 $100for that package abd it includes the AIW which would normally cost $25 so going straight through the manufacturer would ultimately be cheaper. granted that eBay deal would be really close abd if you don't have the extra money for the AIW then you could get away without it for the $80 from eBay

clouded vision,

asteezy88

Is the aiw really worth it though? I'm so on the edge on which to buy. Quite a few mixed reviews

asteezy88,

clouded vision

Idk, I don't have a VAP2 but I know from experience with other units that taking all tubing out of the equation definitely makes for a better flavor. I can only imagine the same goes for the VAP2.
I would probably post that question in the vapolution thread to see what actual users have to say

edit:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=370491385639
here you go now you won't have to pay shipping on either and you can decide later if you want the AIW or not. Plus it looks like you can make him an offer for the VAP2 posted above so maybe you can get it even cheaper

clouded vision,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom