Can RSO be used to save money?

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
In my local dispensaries, a regular 0.5g vaporizable cart is $60-65. One gram of RSO tube is also $60-65. So same price for twice the amount - with RSO. But is it analogues in terms of savings per dose? Or does one need to take a higher dose of RSO vs other concentrates to get similar effects, which would explain why it's twice the weight for the same cost?

RSO is about ~70-80%. Carts are %75-85, so same concentrations it seems

Last edited:
3dfx-glide,
Reactions: pomogirl

ginolicious

You should not vape RSO. RSO is suppose to be ingested. Not inhaled. I don’t know if you plan on ingesting you’re vape carts as well. Or if you are just making a comparison.

Rab

The post is a little confusing.
Vape carts and RSO are completely different things. So its kind of like comparing oranges and orange E liquid so to speak lol.
So I don't think "Savings per dose" would really be worth calculating on two different kinds of medicine.

Rab,

GoldenBud

it's great if you don't want to wake up in the morning ;)
anything higher in THC will make your tolerance go higher, buy a log or a device which is limited to 0.1g(herb) , you will save money :tup:

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Whisper

C No Ego

In my local dispensaries, a regular 0.5g vaporizable cart is $60-65. One gram of RSO tube is also $60-65. So same price for twice the amount - with RSO. But is it analogues in terms of savings per dose? Or does one need to take a higher dose of RSO vs other concentrates to get similar effects, which would explain why it's twice the weight for the same cost?

RSO is about ~70-80%. Carts are %75-85, so same concentrations it seems
for serious treatments up to 5 grams RSO is used daily .... and this is illegal - 60$ a gram when maybe five a day are needed ... the World

C No Ego,

GoldenBud

for serious treatments up to 5 grams RSO is used daily .... and this is illegal - 60$ a gram when maybe five a day are needed ... the World
man, i'm pretty sure you can die from 5 grams of RSO? 0.5g is too strong lol? you mean RSO on skin?

GoldenBud,

Vapefanatic

man, i'm pretty sure you can die from 5 grams of RSO? 0.5g is too strong lol? you mean RSO on skin?
He's talking bout cancer patients i believe but 5g a day is still way too much. You're supposed to slowly build up to 1g a day. Recommended to start at around 0.33g and increase from there. About the size of a grain of rice.

Btw to answer OPs question, you CAN dab RSO but you're also getting lotsa wax, chlorophyl and impurities. Perhaps if you really purge them well, but it'll still be dirty afterwards compared to real dabs/ rosin Etc.

C No Ego

ther is no way that it can kil anyone even if 50 grams are ingested ... ther is a guy ETC.... who took 50 grams RSO at once after having been off it because of traveling. he had been treating cancer with the oil for years and it came back when he stopped and traveled ... the next day after the 50G rso dose he shit out the Tumor ( No joke) ... this is info I've received from Dr Bob Melamede
http://canna-sapiens.com/

@Vapefanatic 1 to 5 grams is the norm ... if the person is sensitive a rectal suppository can be used , frozen for insertion along with dosages by mouth

Vapefanatic

ther is no way that it can kil anyone even if 50 grams are ingested ... ther is a guy ETC.... who took 50 grams RSO at once after having been off it because of traveling. he had been treating cancer with the oil for years and it came back when he stopped and traveled ... the next day after the 50G rso dose he shit out the Tumor ( No joke) ... this is info I've received from Dr Bob Melamede
http://canna-sapiens.com/

@Vapefanatic 1 to 5 grams is the norm ... if the person is sensitive a rectal suppository can be used , frozen for insertion along with dosages by mouth
I was just quoting Rick Simpson himself bro. You can watch his vids. Its what he says. I'm a cancer survivor myself but I only started using RSO post cancer so I really can't make any personal claims here. Just quoting the man himself is all. I might've missed out on the latest best usage practices. If so, i sincerely apologize.

C No Ego

I was just quoting Rick Simpson himself bro. You can watch his vids. Its what he says. I'm a cancer survivor myself but I only started using RSO post cancer so I really can't make any personal claims here. Just quoting the man himself is all. I might've missed out on the latest best usage practices. If so, i sincerely apologize.
for some people it is way over a rice size piece used per session ... especially people with access ... ( @ $60 a G forget about it )

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
You should not vape RSO. RSO is suppose to be ingested. Not inhaled. I don’t know if you plan on ingesting you’re vape carts as well. Or if you are just making a comparison.
Hi Cartman,

Yup, I know RSO Isn't vapable, sadly :( but thanks for the heads up

I was more comparing price per dose. I already micro dose with a VapCap but there are periods where it's not enough due to various circumstances and I need stronger effects and to take it longer. But I can't grow my own and as we all know this stuff is sold at pretty high prices.

(I think that cooking with shake weed is about the most cost effective way to medicate, but I don't care for the trouble of making edibles and I tried it in the past and failed and ended up wasting several eighths (each $60) on 3 recipies that all gave exactly 0 effects of any sort, despite my best attempts at de-carbing in the oven according to different recipies. Maybe my oven thermometer isn't accurate, idk, but it put a real sour taste in my mouth when I lost about $200 in weed to these experiments. So I'm done with cooking.)

--------

I know you can put a tiny drop of RSO into an empty pill and swallow, or put it under your tongue. But basically I was wondering if 1g of RSO will last longer than regular 0.5g vape cart, for money saving purposes. I've never used RSO so I don't know how that one tiny "half a rice grain" sized dab ingested would feel or how long it would last compared to let's say a regular edible, or how many of these tiny "half a rice grain" doses are in 1g of RSO.

I went to the dispensary today and found out about a product called FSHO (Full Spectrum Hash Oil) which can be placed into refillable vape carts and vaped as usual so maybe that's the way to go?

From what I read in the past and looking at local dispensary prices, for general cost savings: home made edibles w/ shake>micro dosing flower in a vape (maybe flip home made edibles and micro dosing, not sure tbh)>pen vaping+other concentrates>smoking/combusting the flower.

I have no idea where RSO and FSHO stand

Last edited:

GoldenBud

the first hours of the RSO may lead you to vape more: you can find yourself in a 'party mood'. and it was 70% indica by the label...... :lol:
make me dance man. and when you dance, you vape more ;)

but.. and there's big but.. if you find a grower, buy/take his trim. from 100g you can make like 15g of hash, through dry ice or even more than 15g.. that WILL save you money for the next 1-3 weeks ;)
@3dfx-glide did you try to just decarb 0.2g of weed (120C for 40 mins) and then put it in a capsule? amazing effects, no effors. done it today with 0.4g, it's too much for the normal day by day, but 0.2g i guess will be great for u.
*but remember that you need to eat something fatty 10-20 minutes before it

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Hi Cartman,

Yup, I know RSO Isn't vapable, sadly :( but thanks for the heads up

I was more comparing price per dose. I already micro dose with a VapCap but there are periods where it's not enough due to various circumstances and I need stronger effects and to take it longer. But I can't grow my own and as we all know this stuff is sold at pretty high prices.

(I think that cooking with shake weed is about the most cost effective way to medicate, but I don't care for the trouble of making edibles and I tried it in the past and failed and ended up wasting several eighths (each $60) on 3 recipies that all gave exactly 0 effects of any sort, despite my best attempts at de-carbing in the oven according to different recipies. Maybe my oven thermometer isn't accurate, idk, but it put a real sour taste in my mouth when I lost about $200 in weed to these experiments. So I'm done with cooking.)

--------

I know you can put a tiny drop of RSO into an empty pill and swallow, or put it under your tongue. But basically I was wondering if 1g of RSO will last longer than regular 0.5g vape cart, for money saving purposes. I've never used RSO so I don't know how that one tiny "half a rice grain" sized dab ingested would feel or how long it would last compared to let's say a regular edible, or how many of these tiny "half a rice grain" doses are in 1g of RSO.

I went to the dispensary today and found out about a product called FSHO (Full Spectrum Hash Oil) which can be placed into refillable vape carts and vaped as usual so maybe that's the way to go?

From what I read in the past and looking at local dispensary prices, for general cost savings: home made edibles w/ shake>micro dosing flower in a vape (maybe flip home made edibles and micro dosing, not sure tbh)>pen vaping+other concentrates>smoking/combusting the flower.

I have no idea where RSO and FSHO stand
Response to edibles is NOT guaranteed, in terms of perceivable/enjoyable effect: in all my experimentation, I’ve gotten lifted by ONE experience. Otherwise, I find it “raises the floor” when I smoke or vape - if I’ve got edibles in my system, I get higher faster, off less, when taking via the lungs. This is separate from any questions of ‘tolerance’, it has to do with the enzyme that converts in the liver.

full disclosure: no first or second hand experience with RSO

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
To add my two cents: I have to give my lungs regular breaks after being a cigarette smoker for 50+ years and a dope smoker for like 45 of the last 50 years. Also I've been going across the Canadian border regularly for many years but didn't want to carry but still had long drives ahead, so eat a brownie or cracker 20minutes before the crossing. So I started getting into edibles once or twice a month some time ago. Maybe because I have a high tolerance, they're not cheap per session, as I have have to eat 6-9 5mg/.005gm gummies or pieces of chocolate to get a good buzz going. So I started experimenting with making butter and with RSO. My butters were sometimes too strong and sometimes too weak, so hard to dose, though often resulting in great fun, but also freaking friends, particularly non-regular dopers. So I tried RSO. Wow, a rice grain size dollup on a wheat cracker works just perfectly, half that for non-doper friends. One and a half rice-grain sized doses, and I'm flying. Any more and I'm on the floor, near catatonic. And so for two years now I've been buying those 1gm syringes of RSO, which to me is THE edible bargain without all the sugar and taste frofro. I get between 8-12 really good session per syringe. In my experience, RSO is easily both the most cost and most consciousness effective way to get stoned without putting stuff in the old lungs.

I've also tried both smoking it and vaping it. It reminds me of the crud I'd clean from the bowl of my pipe when out of dope: very stony but tastes like shit. Also seems to irritate my sensitive lungs.

Last edited:

Alexis

I expect it certainly can, providing you sell enough of the stuff and have a legitimate bank account! :)

Alexis,

C No Ego

I expect it certainly can, providing you sell enough of the stuff and have a legitimate bank account! :)
or if willing to skirt the law to grow plants because plants are required to make theoil for treatments ...

C No Ego,
Top Bottom