Can i vape fresh zest?

technique

When people talk about vaping orange or lemon does this mean i can just grate a orange and vape it?

technique,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Lol i havent heard of anyone doing that. Maybe they are just refering to lemon or orange herbs? I got some lemon sour d that is :ko: i suppose you can give it a try, it wont hurt you none since its natural. I think it may taste like zest smells

YoGranMazPimp,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Sometimes people will drop a little essential oils on the herb to give it a little flavor. But I don't think you would just vape it straight up?

Elluzion,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
According to this website article,
It is also believed that inhaling lemon oil helps in increasing concentration and alertness. It can therefore be used as a room freshener in offices to increase the efficiency of the employees. If youre feeling tense sprinkle a few drops of lemon balm essential oil (Melissa officinalis) on a handkerchief to inhale.

This is not direct inhalation of vapor, however. I can't find anything (yet) that says this would be dangerous, but I would sure take it slow so as not to risk lung inflammation or irritation.

Bouldorado

you'd have to dry the lemon rind out first if you wanted to try it. moist materials don't vape well

Bouldorado,

weedemon

enthusiast
I thought I heard something about the oil from the lemon peel becoming dangerous in higher concentrations.

I can't for the life of me remember where I heard it though. do more research before you go forward!

a quick search found this (refering to ingestion and skin contact thoguh not inhalation)
http://www.ehow.com/list_6012439_lemon-oil-dangers.html

Lemon oil is an astringent (tends to shrink or constrict body tissues). That to me sounds like something i don't want to put in my lungs. i might have an asthma attack if i did i wonder?

Sensitivity To Sunlight
Lemon oil can sometimes cause skin to be more sensitive to the sun's rays. This essential oil contains compounds that act as photosensitizing agents, which accelerates skin damage when outside in direct sunlight. After applying lemon oil to the skin, it is important to put on sunscreen before going outside. It is possible skin will sunburn more quickly after lemon oil use.

Skin Sensitivity
Lemon oil should never be directly applied to the skin. The potency of the oil can cause skin irritation. It is necessary to dilute lemon oil before using it on the skin. It is recommended that no more than five drops of lemon oil be mixed with a teaspoon of a carrier oil before use.

Too Much Lemon Oil Is Harmful
Lemon oil should only be consumed in small, diluted quantities. One or two drops of lemon oil in honey or soy milk is acceptable, but more than that can be dangerous. Since lemon oil has a laxative effect, too much of it can cause a person to become violently ill. If a person does ingest too much lemon oil, they should seek medical attention.

I couldn't find much else though on the subject and ehow doesn't looks like the most scientific site in the world :rolleyes: so i'd say keep lookin into it beofre you do it.

weedemon,
Reactions: KeroZen
Top Bottom