Can I use an Arizer Solo II for hash?

Angus!

Older and wiser
I've read that I can, but I tried it on a small bed of weed and I couldn't taste any hash. I heat at 190 degs C. Is that too low for hash?

condor020

Yes you should have a taste at these temperature, I'm not sure the arizer is the way to go for hash as it get dirty a lot.

Where I live I have access to good quality hash so it a big part of my vaping material,
So best I found for hash it in my omnivap to put directly the hash ( it is yellow kind that look a bit like skuff ) and then use a q tip when hot for Cleaning what left . There is much more to vape than dry herb with this one and you can go higher temps.

sweetvapor12

Don't see an issue. While I have not tried it with hash, I have sandwiched shatter in between layers of flower with no problem. Not messy at all. (Didn't care for it, but that is besides the point)

John Coaltrain

I've read that I can, but I tried it on a small bed of weed and I couldn't taste any hash. . .

Did you chop up the hash very finely (to maximize the convection)? I would likely try placing the hash closer to the oven end of the chamber as well (to maximize the conduction).

Angus!

Older and wiser
I did with a razor blade because the hash I bought was like hard toffee in consistency. I also tried to get help from the Vaporizer thread about which vape would help, but there was no button available to me to post a thread? Anyone know why that is?

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I did with a razor blade because the hash I bought was like hard toffee in consistency. I also tried to get help from the Vaporizer thread about which vape would help, but there was no button available to me to post a thread? Anyone know why that is?

As I understand it, you need to PM (private message) a moderator such as @Stu and ask to place a new topic in the vaporizer thread. The mods control a few threads so as to help eliminate spam and other marketing schemes. Perhaps a better thread to post would be to "Ask FC".

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
I just put it in and have at it same as flower........works great.
I really like the solo for hash through a bong on 5.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I mean I load the stem with hash then stick it in my solo.
I then set it on 5 and have at it.........as in I suck on the stem.
Not sure what you are so unsure of as it seems rather straightforward.
:shrug:

Angus!

Older and wiser
I'm unsure because everyone I talked to said that the SOLO is only used for weed and hash would ruin the chamber. I have the Solo II, which uses temperature and not a single number.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I haven't tried hash in the Solo II or I. You say your hash is very dense. It you heat it with a flame, you might be able to finely pulverize a small chunk. As long as it doesn't melt (unlikely) it shouldn't plug anything as long as you don't push it into an air hole. If you are unsure, you could place a stock fine screen in the bottom of the oven. Hash can be a problem because of the plant wax blocking THC from hot air stream

arb

Semi shaved ape
Just put it in the stem put the stem in the hole then wait for it to get hot then suck on it.........trust me.

arb,
Reactions: Angus!

Angus!

Older and wiser
Ok, will do, thanks. I'll probably have to raise the temp from 190 degs C, which is what I would use for weed

Angus!,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom