Buying stuff on Instagram

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I'm horribly out of touch, and need help to understand the etiquette of Instagram.

I'm aware a number of makers prefer to sell via Instagram, but as I've never had a reason to use the platform, I don't really know where to begin.

Are you expected to follow them? Are there ways of finding out what's on sale, and at what price? Is there a generally expected level of interaction with them before you broach the subject of purchase? Are transactions generally done via DM?

I'm utterly ashamed by my lack of experience in this area, but not sure where to begin.

A step by step guide would be really helpful for dolts liked myself. Can you point me in the right direction, please?

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Best way is to "follow" accounts that interest you and read everything and pay attention... peeps that don't have their account linked to a sales website (linktree) for sales will let you know what to do if it's an auction. If you want something custom or info just message them within IG. Accounts that are linked to a retail site, I've found, often prefer email thru their links there... but I certainly aint a pro and reluctantly use it, tho it is often the best place for many artisan/handmade products or info about sales/drops etc.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Are you expected to follow them? Are there ways of finding out what's on sale, and at what price? Is there a generally expected level of interaction with them before you broach the subject of purchase? Are transactions generally done via DM?

They would sell to anyone, you just need to get their attention sometimes, which could be commenting on a post and following, so they realize you sent a message for them to see... Depending on who they are, how organized how friendly etc you can ask about buying something or ordering custom etc. most are very friendly but many are not good with communication lol Anyway yes DM, but commenting as well basically, and be careful as there are a lot of scammers!

Mickk

One important thing to keep in mind: your private messages will not land in their inbox, but in a "message requests inbox". So in case they dont reply to you, they are not ignoring you, they just havent seen your message yet

Top Bottom