Butane Vape Oil

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Sorry again for hijacking your alchohol vape oil thread, marcuss. I think butane oil afficianodos can get along with full melt connoisseurs and alcohol vape oil chefs. We're all friends here.

We can all probably agree that butane extraction is more dangerous and more prone to unwanted chemicals residues. However, when the absolute best practices are used, it's been shown to produce very pure concentrates at some of the highest percentages (correct me if I'm wrong).

Spiderman seems to really know his stuff so I think we're covered for best practices. Also I'm taking a lot from this thread, not sure how close the procedure is to this.

So, specifically this post is regarding reclaiming vape resin from a SSV wand. I made a little diagram for the first part, as I understand it. Please point out any errors.

I've got a lot of questions, hope you don't mind. :D

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Some of my questions before I forget.

How long should the bursts be? My wand is pretty coated, you think it'll take it all off?

Any chance of blow black?

Can I leave the screen (stainless afaik) in?

do 10 minutes of purge per gram of expected extract, with a LID
Any idea how long for my wand? Or will I be able to tell by eye?

What do you mean by LID?

you only want to pop the ones that flame up
The bigger bubbles right?

no heating pad after?

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Damn, this is starting to sound a lot harder than the iso method. :lol:

Sorry for all those questions!

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
everything on this forum is for everyone who needs to know more about....so no worry and just pay attention on what you are doing.....hope you visit treating yourself forum where a lot of this argument has been said for a long time...

http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22016

http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4956

http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4956

one visitor on this forum died dealing with butane...so i don't support and advertise this explosive tecnique..sorry!

just check this for more infomation.....i really don't like deal with chems for stuff that i do vape or smoke...this is my 2? cents!

marcuss,

Spiderman

oil baron
not at all. matter of fact, once you do it, i'll bet you wont be able to stop tellin everyone how easy it was. It seems rather daunting, but just as long as you take a few minutes to learn what to do, it will be painless and simple, with beautiful results.

that being said....lets get answering those questions

Part I: (your original post). The ChiefSmokingBud method is pretty good. I couldnt tell you for sure, because i havent tried it or seen it, but my initial guess is that his method would result in some terpene loss. It involves higher heat than i like, as well as longer heating time. Once again, he very well may make perfect oil, these are just my initial feelings.

Use a circular Pyrex dish. Its much easier to scrape clean, i guarantee you.

My method goes like so....

just barely warm up water in a pan on stove, put circular pyrex dish on top (the pyrex dish fits perfectly in the pan, so that it is in effect a double boiler). go outside, blast the tane into the pyrex dish. wait until all the liquid in the dish has evaporated. At this point, you're more or less safe. Go inside, put the setup on the stove, put a lid on the setup, and turn the element on and off to keep the water just below boiling. Don't ever turn the element on above medium low or so. after a few minutes, take off the lid, take your torch, and pop the tane bubbles. replace the lid, and continue purging for the rest of the 30 minutes or so.

you can take off the lid and keep cooking bubbles out for awhile, but it gets to a point pretty quickly where its not butane bubbles, but thc volatiles.

and
Part II: (second post)
1. There shouldnt be "bursts" so to speak. if you try to do bursts, you'll blow the stuff out the top. big no no. run a whole can.

This is where i think those smaller cans of Colibri might actually come in handy for once. They're justa bout the right size for one of these, and Colibri makes pretty good tane.

2. I'd take the screen out. It shouldn't matter, but id do it just to be on the safe side.

3. Id say a 30 minute purge would be sufficient.

4. By a lid i mean put a lid over your pyrex dish

5. sorta.....its an experience sorta thing more than a size sorta thing. You'll notice the flaming ones, sometimes they get reasonably big.

6. you could use a heating pad instead of the stove, just so long as you can take the set up on and off....the stove is just pretty well adapted to it.

don;t worry bout the questions, happy to answer them.

I may go ahead and make a full how to make oil thread here later if ya'll want, complete with pics. Need a cam first, of course, but its actually on the way....so shouldnt be too long.

Spiderman,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I was searching around for some 'oil' on FC and came across this thread... I actually had a similar idea (blasting a vaporizing wand). You ever try this vtac? I can't say my wand is getting much use now, but it might be something to at least try!

SpiralArchitect,
Top Bottom