butane powered devices

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
Hey all

I'm new to FC and would like everyones suggestions on what butane powered devices I should check out since this seems to be a much better site for vaporizing than the reddit. I have a terpsicle, dyna, and a few direct draw like sticky brick. No need to tell me about the TA from @phattpiggie as I'm waiting with baited breath for the release. I am also throwing around either a dani or vestratto for chillum replacement when out and about so no need for those suggestions unless you wanna give me one of the 3 for free ninety free/cheap.

thanks all in advance for the suggestions and discussions of you experiences with suggested devices.

MidwestMelancholy,

coolbreeze

Here's a few--and a lot more in the rest of that thread:

The Couch Log Steam Whistle is fantastic, as is the Retrosteam Diamond, among many others.

Dreamwood makes some amazing vapes:

And the MagicStone vapes are now safe for torches:

Last edited:

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
No butane collection is complete without an elev8r imo.
I have seen these all over the place and thought they were just for coils. Defiantly made the list of must buy!!

and now after more research would you suggest filling the heating element with beads like I see many of the coil set ups have or using it as is better for tourch?

Last edited:

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
Here's a few--and a lot more in the rest of that thread:

The Couch Log Steam Whistle is fantastic, as is the Retrosteam Diamond, among many others.

Dreamwood makes some amazing vapes:

And the MagicStone vapes are now safe for torches:
Thank you much!!

MidwestMelancholy,
Reactions: coolbreeze

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
I have seen these all over the place and thought they were just for coils. Defiantly made the list of must buy!!

and now after more research would you suggest filling the heating element with beads like I see many of the coil set ups have or using it as is better for tourch?
It works great as both a ball filled coil driven OR an empty butane driver.

I wouldn’t include the balls for the torch driven as they are designed for heat retention with the coil. No need with the torch version as you’re heating before each hit. Just takes longer to heat and longer to cool if you have balls in it.

My favorite is butane on a J hook.

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
It works great as both a ball filled coil driven OR an empty butane driver.

I wouldn’t include the balls for the torch driven as they are designed for heat retention with the coil. No need with the torch version as you’re heating before each hit. Just takes longer to heat and longer to cool if you have balls in it.

My favorite is butane on a J hook.
I'll hold off on the beads for now then. I've been using my TRWW quartz cap with one of my daily high club water pipes in absence of a J hook. The dry hits are much easier on my lungs and the flavor... wow!!!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion

Personally, I like the elev8r empty, however I couldn't fit many in my head and they were all at the bottom so YMMV. Careful with beads and butane, you need plenty of room for expansion as a torch is much more aggressive than a coil. Honestly get the kit with the wand, it's fucking delicious!

I've also just thought of @Haze Mister thunderbolt. Not sure how many are in the wild yet but they do (edit: originally said don't, oops) look interesting to me.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Honestly get the kit with the wand, it's fucking delicious!

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
Personally, I like the elev8r empty, however I couldn't fit many in my head and they were all at the bottom so YMMV. Careful with beads and butane, you need plenty of room for expansion as a torch is much more aggressive than a coil. Honestly get the kit with the wand, it's fucking delicious!

I've also just thought of @Haze Mister thunderbolt. Not sure how many are in the wild yet but they don't look interesting to me.

haha I actually messaged him yesterday about that thunderbolt because it looks like functional art and I want, no need*, one. Reminds me of the lotus which I'm also pumped for the shipping date.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey all

I'm new to FC and would like everyones suggestions on what butane powered devices I should check out since this seems to be a much better site for vaporizing than the reddit. I have a terpsicle, dyna, and a few direct draw like sticky brick. No need to tell me about the TA from @phattpiggie as I'm waiting with baited breath for the release. I am also throwing around either a dani or vestratto for chillum replacement when out and about so no need for those suggestions unless you wanna give me one of the 3 for free ninety free/cheap.

thanks all in advance for the suggestions and discussions of you experiences with suggested devices.

Check out the 18 mm killer (I keep calling it the quartz killer lol) from good vibes boro, he has a waitlist as he is finalizing everything for release if you reach out here or on Instagram or by email... I've been recommending it as an alternative for people waiting on the TA (why I am sitting out)

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
Check out the 18 mm killer (I keep calling it the quartz killer lol) from good vibes boro, he has a waitlist as he is finalizing everything for release if you reach out here or on Instagram or by email... I've been recommending it as an alternative for people waiting on the TA (why I am sitting out)
This thing is dope as hell! definitely reaching out here and insta.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I was just about to add that VaporGenie is still a contender!

Whether it's the cheap as chips SS coil - my first Vape,- or the relatively recently purchased top of the line Bronze Sherlock, which is an absolute pleasure to use if you want that classic pipe feel, they are heavy hitters in my line up!

I also recently got the Dani SS and Ti V3. The Ti version has been the most used vape in my line up since I got it. I wasn't expecting that but it is pretty much an indestructible and much easier to use version of the Vaponic,.

The Vaponic is also highly recommended for great flavour and effects but can be very unforgiving and very difficult to use without good light.

Can also vouch for the Retrosteam. It works and hits like a cross between a VG Sherlock and Sticky brick Jr. I got the Cuban.

Of course Vapman goes without saying and grab an FMJ for the DV. It really adds to it.

Sorry, love butane vapes. Better stop there.

Edit- Retrosteam (not Vaposteam).
Did anybody mention the camoflet convector? It's new and I don't have one but the 2 for 1 sale ending today could be worth grabbing. I am tempted.

Last edited:

MidwestMelancholy

butane vape enthusiast
I was just about to add that VaporGenie is still a contender!

Whether it's the cheap as chips SS coil - my first Vape,- or the relatively recently purchased top of the line Bronze Sherlock, which is an absolute pleasure to use if you want that classic pipe feel, they are heavy hitters in my line up!

I also recently got the Dani SS and Ti V3. The Ti version has been the most used vape in my line up since I got it. I wasn't expecting that but it is pretty much an indestructible and much easier to use version of the Vaponic,.

The Vaponic is also highly recommended for great flavour and effects but can be very unforgiving and very difficult to use without good light.

Can also vouch for the Retrosteam. It works and hits like a cross between a VG Sherlock and Sticky brick Jr. I got the Cuban.

Of course Vapman goes without saying and grab an FMJ for the DV. It really adds to it.

Sorry, love butane vapes. Better stop there.

Edit- Retrosteam (not Vaposteam).
Did anybody mention the camoflet convector? It's new and I don't have one but the 2 for 1 sale ending today could be worth grabbing. I am tempted.
lol I've been googling vaposteam since your post 😅🤣 I just ordered the bogo for Camouflet a few days ago. Couldn't not get it.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Yeah, I grabbed 2 bowls and convector caps. Can pair it with something. Many many something's no doubt. I look forward to testing.
Yeah there's lots to look at on Vaposteam. Very unique designs in the Vape world. I just hit my Cuban. Very relaxing sitting on the couch having a pipe.

Vapenvy,
Top Bottom