• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Building a refillable pod vape out of titanium

D_Charles99

I have been obsessed with this idea about a refillable pod vape for cannabis oil. There are pod vapes but you can't fill it with your own shit. Also, they're always hella expensive and only available in legal states. But imagine this, a vape the thickness of an iphone made of titanium and glass that comes with empty pods that you can fill your self. Kinda a mix between a cart vape and a pod vape. Any thoughts? should my friends and I go through with this idea?

D_Charles99,
Reactions: Copacetic

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I agree that Ti is a pain to work, but if you have the means to do so then a Ti/glass vape that thickness sounds like it could potentially be very cool.
Can you tell us any more about your idea?

And welcome to FC by the way :wave:

Copacetic,
Reactions: KeroZen

guyonthecouch

I have been obsessed with this idea about a refillable pod vape for cannabis oil. There are pod vapes but you can't fill it with your own shit. Also, they're always hella expensive and only available in legal states. But imagine this, a vape the thickness of an iphone made of titanium and glass that comes with empty pods that you can fill your self. Kinda a mix between a cart vape and a pod vape. Any thoughts? should my friends and I go through with this idea?
If your friend wants to move forward on the idea solely because of the refillable aspect, I would suggest not going through with it. Many open pod systems exist in the wild, give "open pod vape" a quick search and you'll find dozens.

If they want to move forward on the idea because they think they can compete in the pod/cart space against companies mostly based out of asia and well known north american brands then go for it!!

guyonthecouch,

D_Charles99

Thank you, everyone, for the replies! right now I'm going to experiment with the idea and build a few prototypes, I will post updates once I have the frame 3D printed.

If your friend wants to move forward on the idea solely because of the refillable aspect, I would suggest not going through with it. Many open pod systems exist in the wild, give "open pod vape" a quick search and you'll find dozens.

Most are cheap Chinese off brand vapes, I could not possibly compete with their prices but I would definitely try to make a really good quality version, I would also like to use a glass pod to reinforce the refillable aspect. There isn't a brand focused on the refillable side of the pod vaping system (ie stiizy, pax era) that's what I would be competing with.

I agree that Ti is a pain to work, but if you have the means to do so then a Ti/glass vape that thickness sounds like it could potentially be very cool.
Can you tell us any more about your idea?

And welcome to FC by the way :wave:

Why Titanium? It's pricey and a pain to machine.

Thanks for the warm welcome! you guys seem nice compared to other online forums. I wanted to use titanium because of its strength and its lightweight, but we decided to CNC it out of aluminum. I have more things like a CAD file of the frame, but once we prototype and 3D print it I will for sure update you guys on the findings.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah welcome mate! We're a friendly bunch over there indeed.

Aluminium is probably the better choice for this application. Wait until you really get the ball rolling, then later on maybe you'll reconsider making a special deluxe titanium version, possibly anodized to custom order etc.

Good luck for your endeavour!

Top Bottom