Budget Portable Vapor For College Student?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrinks

Enjoy Responsibly
Hello everyone.

I am a college student in Colorado and in our sophomore+ dorms we are allowed to have various herbs on campus as long as we have a card. After entertaining the motion of getting a card (due to legitimate anxiety issues), the next step is method of intake.

I'm not a fan of smoking, albeit I do smoke hookah. I was always interested in vaporizers and see them as more discreet than pipe smoking. Now as a college student, I wish to be responsible with my money. As much as I'd love to buy a high-end vaporizer for $140, it's just not likely. The highest I would go is $90.

I've snooped around and three vaporizers of interest are the Black Leaf Liquid Freezer Vaporizing Glass, the Vapir NO2 (On sale, of course), and the Magic Flight Launch Box (again, on sale). I DO wish to share with friends and I'd love to hear any suggestions for a budget, portable vaporizer. My requirements are really simple, nothing exceeding $90 (although with more saving I could go to $100. What's an extra ten bucks if it makes a quality difference), portability, discreet, and relatively ease of use.

Also, I have tried the E-Cig methods and the results were terrible.

Any product recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Shrinks,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Add $20 more to your limit and have a brand new Solo from Puffitup.com!

BTW they are an authorized Arizer dealer so you will be covered with Arizer warranty, if that matters.

I saw $140 in your post and mistakenly thought that was your top end of the budget, my bad.
Maybe a MFLB(But I think they went to $120), or there is a flame based vape(Vapor genie)currently in the Classifieds for $50, which is in your range.

Last edited:

Shrinks

Enjoy Responsibly
I'll have to save accordingly then if the average price for good vapes are in the hundreds haha.

Thanks, but how long is that discount code going for? I'm looking to buy post-Christmas once the semester is over. That's usually when my splurge period starts.

natural farmer

You can also go for a Lotus pipe sans the kit for 104$. I have both the Solo and the Lotus and the Lotus wins every time on all fronts... Faster hits, smoother on the throat, freedom from electricity, more portable and most important, the FEEL!
I wouldn't even consider the three u mentioned... :p

Shrinks

Enjoy Responsibly
I'm pretty open-minded but honestly I absolutely love the idea of a vapor pipe. I was always a fan of pipes and it seems simple enough. I've heard some people complain about the LB when it comes to sharing and the ease of use because of the battery, which personally I wouldn't mind. Looking into Solo now as mentioned, not much surprised by the other two. I've seen surprisingly good reviews on the NO2, and many complaints about the taste. I'm not for the taste, that's what I smoke hookah for :lol: but that's just me. I just want a quick toke and be done with it.

I also love how the Lotus doesn't look like a crack pipe compared to the Black Leaf.

Shrinks

Enjoy Responsibly
If it works and vapes instead of burn (I've heard now that VGs have the risk of inhaling butane fuels) then that's all I want really. When I finish university, that's when I could be a bit more savvy in the vape world. I would definitely like more than one vape, a portable (or two) and a home one. But that's ways from now.

I'll definitely keep that in mind! Something I'm leaning more towards. May I ask what your friend upgraded to?

Shrinks,

thesoloman

Hi Shrinks, I would start looking for a used solo, or me personally would be recycling a few bags of left over cans from that college u go to, and save up an extra $ and spring for a new solo, I try to explain to people all the time how amazing my solo is, however they usually just look at me sideways and say "thats a lot of money". but the point i'm trying to make is if I were you I'd find a solo somehow. Maybe sell last semesters text books? idk im thinking out loud now hah... I know i have a stack of my old books i haven't sold yet:bang:

natural farmer

T-vape is nice and stealth but I tend to advice people to go with full convection vapes cause of efficiency and taste. Go conduction only if you need super stealth... My two cents.

natural farmer,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
T-vape is nice and stealth but I tend to advice people to go with full convection vapes cause of efficiency and taste. Go conduction only if you need super stealth... My two cents.
I was thinking the price was in line with the OPs needs, You can run .1gm to 1.3gm (great for solo or shared sessions) and every bit as efficient as any vape I own.
Taste is very subjective, right now I'm vaping some "Dreamcatcher" and all I taste is the sweet herb.:leaf:

Last edited:

max

Out to lunch
I've heard now that VGs have the risk of inhaling butane fuels
Not true, unless you're releasing the butane from the lighter without a flame present.

If you want a vape you can just put in/pull out of your pocket, then a Solo is not a good choice, and the N02 would take a big pocket. The MFLB is a great portable but doesn't easily supply big hits and is not a great choice for passing around, since it takes some practice/education to use at its best.

Vapolution 2.0 for $76 shipped. It's not portable, but IMO a very good economy plug in unit, and a steal at this price.
It's very much portable, although certainly not a pocket vape. All it needs for car use is the supplied car adapter, and a battery pack is optional.

My requirements are really simple, nothing exceeding $90 (although with more saving I could go to $100. What's an extra ten bucks if it makes a quality difference), portability, discreet, and relatively ease of use.
Easy to use, stealthy, and $100 or less are not easy requirements to meet.

Bouldorado

I'd look around for a used solo, pax, or davinci. Watch craigslist and the classifieds on FC and you should easily be able to find a good portable for <100. You'd also probably have good luck with a "wanted" ad.

Bouldorado,

Seren

Away with the fairies
How about the Vapman basic? Ok, so it may not be the most discreet vaporizer given that you heat it with a butane lighter - but I think it pretty much meets your other requirements. The Solo is also awesome - as some have already advised it may be worth you looking out for a second hand one to suit your budget.

Seren,

natural farmer

Not true, unless you're releasing the butane from the lighter without a flame present.

Maybe not butane fumes per se but the smell of the butane and the throat irritation were definite factors for a lot of people to sell or not use their Genies... I suffered when I had mine...

natural farmer,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
If it works and vapes instead of burn (I've heard now that VGs have the risk of inhaling butane fuels) then that's all I want really. When I finish university, that's when I could be a bit more savvy in the vape world. I would definitely like more than one vape, a portable (or two) and a home one. But that's ways from now.

I'll definitely keep that in mind! Something I'm leaning more towards. May I ask what your friend upgraded to?
Arizer Solo.

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
With Arizer Solo's being so damn cheap (I saw once in the classifieds that was barely used and the good ol' m107 model for only $80!) and it being a damn good vape, I really don't see what could beat it.

It can be had for about the same price as a magic flight, but it waaaaay better IMO and IME.

Last edited:
aesthyrian,
Reactions: MG23

max

Out to lunch
Maybe not butane fumes per se but the smell of the butane and the throat irritation were definite factors for a lot of people to sell or not use their Genies... I suffered when I had mine...
Butane is odorless. If you smelled anything it was the additive. And the only contaminants you get with a lighter are flint dust if it uses one, and partially burned carbon (soot). Any additive smell is due to releasing the butane before or after a flame is present. Butane can't escape a flame intact any more than a cotton ball can survive a furnace. Use a torch lighter and there's not even any soot. It completely burns all the carbon. Even with a low temp conventional lighter, if you apply it only when lit, there is zero butane outside the fuel tank.

aesthyrian said:
I really don't see what could be it.
You mean beat it? I'd agree, as long as the buyer isn't looking for a stealthy pocket vape. Between the size/shape of the Solo, and dealing with the stem, it does have limitations as a walk around portable.

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
oops! Thanks, max. "Beat it" is definitely what I meant, although that sounds really bad now. :lol:

You're right, I neglected to mention that the solo is def not too stealthy, although if you get the right sized cup (16oz) you can make it as stealthy as I think it'll get.

natural farmer

Butane is odorless. If you smelled anything it was the additive. And the only contaminants you get with a lighter are flint dust if it uses one, and partially burned carbon (soot). Any additive smell is due to releasing the butane before or after a flame is present. Butane can't escape a flame intact any more than a cotton ball can survive a furnace. Use a torch lighter and there's not even any soot. It completely burns all the carbon. Even with a low temp conventional lighter, if you apply it only when lit, there is zero butane outside the fuel tank

I don't care what it is, additives or butane or any other shit... I only care it ruins the vapor and fucks my throat. And I'm not the only one... I know the theory, thanks.

natural farmer,
Reactions: Kief

Shrinks

Enjoy Responsibly
I decided that my requirements are just not realistic and I decided to lax it up a bit:
Money limit of $135 (just have to budget better)
Stealth isn't a necessity, but something portable. I really dig the size of the Solo and Lotus.
No steep learning curve. I just wanna pick up and vape.
As for as electric vs butane I have no preference.
I was thinking the price was in line with the OPs needs, You can run .1gm to 1.3gm (great for solo or shared sessions) and every bit as efficient as any vape I own.
Taste is very subjective, right now I'm vaping some "Dreamcatcher" and all I taste is the sweet herb.:leaf:
I trust your recommendation but I'm personally not interested in the E-Cig aspect. Just hasn't worked well for my friends and I. My model was pretty bad for dry herb, Ego-T + Dry Herb Tank. My friend has a much better heating element and has a hard time pulling. There's a strong taste yes, but no pull.

I'll look into Vapolution and Vapman. But as of now I'm debating between Lotus and Solo. I've also heard some mixed reviews about the Pax as well as Pinnacle and will look at the DaVinci as well. I'm a little disheartened that there are lack of video reviews on the Lotus on Youtube (Not from the creators themselves), but I'm looking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom