Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
Is it really? How did you end up getting a pre order? Are you one of those special vape enthusiasts that test products early? Kinda jealous and curious how the CFX+ hits!
Yeah It’s a demo unit from Boundless. Should be here Tuesday :-) So I’ll give it a workout once it arrives and post some thoughts and pics. I’ve got the CF and Tera in my collection to compare it with as far as Boundless stuff goes, along with my other vapes.

Finessseee

Yeah It’s a demo unit from Boundless. Should be here Tuesday :-) So I’ll give it a workout once it arrives and post some thoughts and pics. I’ve got the CF and Tera in my collection to compare it with as far as Boundless stuff goes, along with my other vapes.
Awesome! Hope you enjoy it. Looking forward to the mini review :tup:

SpudBob

Vexil just arrived today.Thanks Eric and BNDLSTECH Team!!! I know this is the CF/CFX blog but will post impressions on the Vexil Blog. Looks very well built and has the zirconia mouthpiece thingy. I have/had a CFC 2.0 and a CFC lite so I am interested to see differences in the platforms.

Last edited:

ProfessionalHandJob

Received my CFX+. Doing a burn off, then I’ll break it in and be back in a day or two with some thoughts.
POST SESH EDIT: Since I can still edit the post still, here’s an ABV shot after running the herb through 2x 8min sessions at 430F
Here’s a pic of the loading area (this is a pain in the ass, if not perfectly clean of herb bits the mouthpiece won’t seal and you won’t get vapor)
And the mouthpiece with the air path removed
After that 16min double session with one oven load, it had me sweating and I was thoroughly medicated. Conduction vapes are 👍

Battery lasted about 5x 8min heat cycles from a ~95% charge. The battery isn’t totally dead, but dead now enough I wouldn’t want to run it again as is.

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Received my CFX+. Doing a burn off, then I’ll break it in and be back in a day or two with some thoughts.

POST SESH EDIT: Since I can still edit the post still, here’s an ABV shot after running the herb through 2x 8min sessions at 430F

Here’s a pic of the loading area (this is a pain in the ass, if not perfectly clean of herb bits the mouthpiece won’t seal and you won’t get vapor)

And the mouthpiece with the air path removed

After that 16min double session with one oven load, it had me sweating and I was thoroughly medicated. Conduction vapes are 👍

Battery lasted about 5x 8min heat cycles from a ~95% charge. The battery isn’t totally dead, but dead now enough I wouldn’t want to run it again as is.

Thanks for the photos and your thoughts! 👍 Only other time I've seen a stirrer and debowler integrated in to a unit is on my Davinci IQ2. Nice! The Zirconia mouth piece looks to be an improvement.

Questions:
Was the mouth piece and vapour noticeably hot at 430F?
Has the bowl size been reduced from the OG CFX?

ProfessionalHandJob

Thanks for the photos and your thoughts! 👍 Only other time I've seen a stirrer and debowler integrated in to a unit is on my Davinci IQ2. Nice! The Zirconia mouth piece looks to be an improvement.

Questions:
Was the mouth piece and vapour noticeably hot at 430F?
Has the bowl size been reduced from the OG CFX?
The mouthpiece doesn’t do much in the way of cooling. At 430F I was coughing a bit, and a few hits did taste almost borderline combustion towards the end. I’m thinking that’s because I ran the sesh for 16 mins though. Didn’t use the stirrer at all, from the way the ABV came out I don’t think it’s really needed. The roast is very even throughout the bowl.

I don’t have a CFX to compare ovens with, but I do have a CF; and the ovens appear to be the same size. Here’s the CFX+ oven next to the CF, although hard to tell from the pic they look the same size and depth to me.

pop22

Why on earth would you vape at 430F? Your on the verge of combustion there and also where toxins begin to form. Hell I vape through a bong at 395. It's no wonder your vapor was harsh!

pop22,
Reactions: SpudBob

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Hell I vape through a bong at 395.
Must be a dodgy vape to need water cooling at that temp but each vape is different, my Xmax Ace will char above 180c(355f) the way I use but if there is no smoke coming from a vape all is good IMO. :2c:
Edit, I am just glad Boundless have given us the choice to get as close to combustion as we like...not like some nanny manufacturers

pop22

Must be a dodgy vape to need water cooling at that temp but each vape is different, my Xmax Ace will char above 180c(355f) the way I use but if there is no smoke coming from a vape all is good IMO. :2c:
Edit, I am just glad Boundless have given us the choice to get as close to combustion as we like...not like some nanny manufacturers
I run at that temp and get lots of vapor ( solo II ) and we like it cool as possible, We even pop the bong into the freezer for 20 minutes before use! however it vapes fine directly. I could likely run it lower but that is also the optimum temp for extracting all cannabinoids.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
The AVB in that CFX looks rather dark for 430 F, but nice to know you can get right to the line. To my knowledge, combustion of flower occurs above 450F. The times that I took the Flower Mate Nano up to it's max temp 448F it was plenty hot but no combustion. No reason to go above 430F for full extraction though. Have a temp/extraction chart but can't load it here.

pop22

I like the new screen. My pre-production unit has a black and white screen and just basic functions. And actually, I like t that way! Have never checked the temperature range. Now if I can just get a wpa for it..........

LesPlenty

Company Rep
CFX+ anyone look into the release date?
I have been talking to Eric at Boundless and the company is hoping the release date of the CFX+ for sale to the public will be mid-April.
Are you one of those special vape enthusiasts that test products early?
Boundless do this to make any tweaks or find unforeseen bugs seasoned users may come across before the final release of the device to the masses.
It is not just influencers that get the pre-release units to create hype as I have a sample coming in the mail (Oz post dates just seem to keep getting longer) and Eric knows I am a forum guy only, no Instant anything for me!

LesPlenty,

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Reposting this from the CFX+ thread -

"Thank you all for the continued support, we greatly appreciate the interest in the CFX+. I have been notified that the units have landed at our warehouse and should be ready to ship by the middle of next week. Today at 4:20pm Pacific, we will be hosting a live demo of the CFX+ on our Instagram page - https://www.instagram.com/bndlstech/. We will be going through the features and running a few sessions to show the performance of the unit. A new CFX+ will also be given away during the stream. Feel free to come ask questions or hang out and sesh along!

If you do not have an Instagram and would like a recording of the stream, please send me an email to Eric@bndlstech.com so we can get that over to you. Feel free to PM or email with questions anytime."

Hey Nineteen

Just pulled out the OG CFX. I had forgotten just how powerful it is. It seems to work better when the bowl is full. When it isn't filled all the way sometimes you have stir. Putting this back in rotation.

TheMercurialNo.10

I bought the new CFX+ as a handheld as I couldn't find anywhere selling a Tera...one month later and now the charging indicator only charges to 95%.

My Tera stopped working within 3 months, when it randomly started heating up uncontrollably but I just couldn't get sorting sending it back.

Bad vibes about the battery showing 95% on a new unit with batteries that can't be easily replaced on this CFX+. Disappointing tbh.

Used an old CFX until it actually disintegrated, but I'm starting to really doubt Boundless. Would love the Tera back working tbh.

pop22

I bought the new CFX+ as a handheld as I couldn't find anywhere selling a Tera...one month later and now the charging indicator only charges to 95%.

My Tera stopped working within 3 months, when it randomly started heating up uncontrollably but I just couldn't get sorting sending it back.

Bad vibes about the battery showing 95% on a new unit with batteries that can't be easily replaced on this CFX+. Disappointing tbh.

Used an old CFX until it actually disintegrated, but I'm starting to really doubt Boundless. Would love the Tera back working tbh.
Think I read that trhis is just a gauge issue, but message Boundless support anyway, I would!
And I had FIVE Teras with that same problem, apparently they never fix the issue, contrary to what they told me! I made them give me a CFX+ to replace the Tera.

Top Bottom