Blisters on throat?

clarko

I went to donate plasma today and was treated as a new donor since I had not gone in so long. They gave me a basic physical. I told the nurse I have not smoked anything in over a year which is true. I however have been vaping like crazy sometimes 20 plus bowls a day sometimes I slow down if my lungs dont feel good or i need a super small tbreak with 5 bowls at night only or skip a day or something. She said I had strange blisters on the back of my throat examining them closely. She did say they could have been from my tonsils being removed, but she sounded like she was making an excuse since she thought I smoked or something.

I have noticed I cough more from vaping or just as much as smoking and sometimes it is harsh. went from extreme q to ssv and dbv. I actually should be getting a vaper tamer soon. Hopefully that will solve this issue. I really just wanted to share that I have blisters on the back of my throat and dont smoke anything and vape a bunch. I also wanted to see if anybody else has blisters on the back of their throat. This bitch could just be trippin over some old tonsil scars and I might be too lol.

clarko,

chris 71

i would go to the doc and get it checked out just to put my mind at ease if i were you. just be honest and strat up with him or her, and tell them you have been vaping and what they said to you at the plasma clinic.
no doubt the worry seed has been planted in your head . not being aware can be bliss but its to late for that now. get it looked at and then please report back here. let us know how you made out

chris 71,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I would be very surprised to find out that the blisters are caused by your vaping, although 20 bowls a day is a lot.

Go to the doctor. You could have strep or something else serious.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: max

max

Out to lunch
What vape are you using? I can't imagine getting air hot enough, from a vape, to produce blisters on your throat. The temp drops rapidly once vapor leaves the bowl. Using a whip vape like the SSV, by the time vapor travels from the bowl to the tubing at the other end of the wand, the temp is down a couple of hundred degrees. How hard you draw, and the temp you're using, certainly makes a difference, but this is a complaint I've never heard before. Smoke is certainly hotter than vapor, and it seems like at least some of those who hit a bong really hard would have reported this issue before.

I have noticed I cough more from vaping or just as much as smoking and sometimes it is harsh
Coughing with vapor is common, and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the temp. As for harshness, that's most always due to using a high temp. High temp vapor IS harsh-smoke even more so. If you're always vaping at a high temp, that could explain both the harshness and why you're going through 20 bowls a day. A bowl doesn't last long at a high temp setting. Sounds like you may be 'chasing a smoker's high', and/or have a high tolerance.

max,
Indeed it sounds very strange. I really would consider seeing a doctor for your own piece of mind. I can't imagine how much heat must be required to blister your throat.

kingofnull,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Some direct-draw portables can deliver quite hot dry vapor. Like Iolite or MFLB. I've got a blister on my upper lip from using box natively wrong one time (i had the lip in front of the vapor hole for several hits, and it felt quite hot on it). But I don't think the heat could make it that far to make blisters on the throat.

chris 71

i dont think blisters have to be nessicerly from heat, maybe an inflamation or other reaction type thing. who knows maybe like he say nothing at all. im interested now though hope you let us know clarko

chris 71,
Reactions: Qbit
Some direct-draw portables can deliver quite hot dry vapor. Like Iolite or MFLB. I've got a blister on my upper lip from using box natively wrong one time (i had the lip in front of the vapor hole for several hits, and it felt quite hot on it). But I don't think the heat could make it that far to make blisters on the throat.

Indeed, I do remember hot streams of vapor from the Iolite. And I've also had 'burns' on my lip from the MFLB, but never anything that left a mark afterwards.

kingofnull,
Top Bottom