Blends?

chillAtGVC

Wondering if anyone has anything to share on making blends of different weed? What works well, what doesn't, how do you choose what to blend, etc. I've done a few mostly aimed at blending something that hits nicely but does not have a great taste with something that tastes amazing. Sometimes it is more ad-hoc, finishing up the last bits of a few strains. Last night I did a 50/50 with a sativa hybrid and an indica hybrid, neither of which was all that amazing. I soared for hours after that which piqued my curiosity.

chillAtGVC,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I always use my Reload and since i don't save my ABV i fill all three containers with three different strains for on the go.
When running low i make a blend in the bottom pot with the leftovers before i refill.
That blend gets used up first usually but sometimes i just keep topping it with new strain leftovers to make my "mix of the week"...
:tup:
Usually have a couple of strains at hand so i do like to mix things up now and then.

Given the time of the year nowadays i tend to pregrind one or two "old strains" (one or two years in the jar) and one "new, fresh strain" (still curing atm) to fill the Reload. That's how i noticed that blending older and fresher weed together can be really nice: both in flavor and effects.
It's also a way to add a bit of schwung to older weed!

That made me try "single strain blends" where i make a mixture of 1 (or 2) year old buds with freshly cured buds from the same strain.
Lately i really enjoy vaping these single strain blends, gives me a very balanced high/stone and a very round, full flavor.
Fresh and terpy Zing at first, followed by a nicely aged smoothness that lingers in the mouth and on the lips!!
Really brings out the full flavor spectrum of a specific strain flavor profile imo.
Also allows to cater the effects slightly simply by changing the amount of cured versus fresh herb.

Had some truely amazing "Banana x Banana" bowls the other day where i mixed 1 year old Banana with 1 month old Banana...
The flavor was out of this world!!
And so was i!!
:smug:

Last edited:

withoutbliss

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
That’s a really interesting idea with blending the old and new versions of the same strain! I’ve never tried that before.

withoutbliss,

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
That is very interesting about the old and new versions of the same strain. I'd not considered that before. Thank you!

That’s a really interesting idea with blending the old and new versions of the same strain! I’ve never tried that before.
@withoutbliss this is the second time today I noticed you paraphrase a post directly above yours... The weed your vaping must be pretty darn good! :lol:

Top Bottom