"Bird's Nest" Style Concentrate Burner

glasshead

This is my first post on this forum, so hopefully I picked the right section to ask these questions and the topic hasn't been discussed already. I did a search to make sure, but since I've never seen this device before I only knew it by the name the guy told me.

Today I visited my local head shop looking for Concentrate Burners. Ive done some prior research on this forum in regards to Titanium Skillets/ Vapor Curves, Vapor Globes, and Health Stones. Never though have I seen a "Bird's Nest" style Burner. Its is essentially a glass side load Vapor Dome Slide with a dimpled tab attached to the hole. The guy behind the counter told me that they got them in a month ago, and they are a new and simplistic design for vaporizing Concentrates. He then proceeded to show me how it works, and it essentially works by heating the dimpled tab and simply dabbing on your Concentrate. It seemed a lot like heating a glass nail for a Vapor Globe without having to replace the Globe after heating. Overall it seemed really simplistic, less fumbling around heated glass parts, less room for accidental breakage, less parts, less steps for operation, etc. The most appealing thing about it was the price! Only $50! :o

Does anyone own one of these devices that can attest to their functionality and ease of use?
Would you recommend this device over a Skillet, Globe, or Health Stone?
Is the dimpled "tab" large enough to take huge hits without spilling over the side?
How is the drawl?
The only "Bird's Nest" I saw was a slide made for a 90 degree angle down stem. Are there ones out there that have a joint on them so they sit level on a 45 degree down stem without having to tilt my Water Pipe while applying the Concentrate?

Sorry this was such a long post. Any feedback is much appreciated.

glasshead,

Sour Deez

Never used one. But I did want to add titanium seems to give better taste then glass.

Sour Deez,

StickyShisha2

lately i've been using my new glass nail rig, and loaning my ti swing to a friend.
she has/had a "bird house" style (as she called it).
glass on glass with a 1 inch by 1 inch house on it, with the front door laying forward. (like its sticking its tongue out)
only used it a few times when the tongue shattered while heating.

StickyShisha2,

hereatlast

Hey glasshead, welcome to the forum. StickyShisha has it right, they're called "bird houses" and were styled by MTP a little while back. They do sound like breaking may be a problem but I have also heard of many happy customers that keep these things for a long time. FWIW, this may prove to be a better resource for your questions, its the Glass District thread in which MTP introduced the design. Some good photos/videos and comments on the development of the design: http://www.glassdistrict.com/forums/f29/nailless-domes-7130/index2.html

Hope that helps.

hereatlast,

glasshead

hereatlast said:
Hey glasshead, welcome to the forum. StickyShisha has it right, they're called "bird houses" and were styled by MTP a little while back. They do sound like breaking may be a problem but I have also heard of many happy customers that keep these things for a long time. FWIW, this may prove to be a better resource for your questions, its the Glass District thread in which MTP introduced the design. Some good photos/videos and comments on the development of the design: http://www.glassdistrict.com/forums/f29/nailless-domes-7130/index2.html

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the link hereatlast! These are definitely the exact same brand and model I saw at my headshop. Glad to see that MTP has been making a successful brand, and that they are reaching markets before the knockoffs. Due to their price and functionality I might have to pick one of these up! Also nice to see they makes 45 degree angle bird houses as well.

glasshead,

hereatlast

Glad to have helped. Hope you report back once you purchase.

I met MTP a while back at a trade-show and he was an all-around nice and down-to-earth guy, his art is just fantastic :tup:

hereatlast,
I've seen designs somewhat like this on Etsy, and have used one personally. They work fine, for sure.

What I don't like about TI nail systems, vapor domes, and all those other similar oil vaporizers is that they don't start at low temp. You just heat the living hell out of a surface, then drop it oil onto the surface while you inhale. The dabber goes up in one go at a very, very high temperature.

An Eclipse type vaporizer however, has the oil inside while the unit is being heated. You don't heat it to hell and then drop all at once - you go low to high, as slowly or as quickly as you like. This allows you to preserve your stash and get amazing flavors which I find are lost with the other types I've tried. An Eclipse h20 is about as good as oil vaporizing has gotten for me personally. I just wish I had a magical source of clean vials. The price difference is very small if you look around online, and the Eclipse can be used with any of the common glass on glass or non glass on glass attachments. And remember, glass can always get fatigued and break when heated like this- you can either be out a 50 dollar oil dome when that happens or a 50 cent pyrex vial.

I do like the look of the flying saucer design on that site though, very cool aesthetic.

charliedontsurf,

lepstadder

my buddy makes them

they work ok

the tabs have a tendency o break tho, just like nails

lepstadder,
Top Bottom